NEED HELP CODE 83 RAM ERROR

(1/2) > >>

vegasbaby:
HI
I have a Bally 5500 pro slot with blazing sevens installed.This machine was in storage for 1 year,when i powered it up for first time it had low  battery error.So i installed new battery,now i get the code 83 ram error.I have never worked on a bally slot before,i do have experience with IGT S2000 SLOTS.I do have the ram clear chips if needed.But i want to make sure what i need to do first to avoid mistakes.What should i do first to get this up and running?I have in closed some pictures of my board,if that helps.I plan on making this my weekend project.
THANKS YOUR HELP

vegasbaby:
Bump,Bump
Any BALLY 5500 owners out there with expertise in the 83 ram error.This is my first bally slot,so i want to make sure of the correct  steps.I have search the forums on this topic,but it has left me wondering what the correct steps for my 83 error.Do i just do the jumper procedure or DP i need to do a full ram clear?My board pictures below.
THANKS MARK

FORDSBS:
Don't have a 5500 but I know on a 6000 you have to do a clear.

vegasbaby:
Thanks for the reply,i was just wanting to take the some of the guess work out of the fix.I did spot gator slot doing a clear on 6000 youtube,looked just like my 5500.But i will wait for some members who own the 5500,before tackling this problem.
THANKS MARK

proten:
It looks like you have 9200 mains and this is the way to do a clear .

The SafeRAMâ„¢ Clear Procedure

For a Complete, Full, or Partial SafeRAMâ„¢ Clear,
turn the machine power OFF. Unlock and remove the MPU
Assembly. You will need to put the jumper on the JW10 post.
Upon ensuring that the MPU Assembly is firmly seated
into the Backplane Board, turn the machine power ON
while depressing the appropriate buttons.
Complete - Press and hold the PSEUDO COIN and
TEST buttons, then switch power ON. When the message
CH C displays in WIN PAID, release the PSEUDO COIN and
TEST buttons. The CH C message is followed by CL C.
Full - Press and hold the PSEUDO COIN button, then
switch power ON. When the message CH F appears in
WIN PAID, release the PSEUDO COIN button. The CH F
message is followed by CL F.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page