BALLY 5500 DROP DOOR OPEN

(1/2) > >>

vegasbaby:
HI
Have Bally 5500 proslot with the following error code=54-DROP DOOR OPEN.Also at power up the bill validator just keeps on cycling,it will never reach a set point.Also cash can will not come out of its in closure,it seams to be stuck towards front,side closes to door.i have wedge a heavy Gage cardboard under the can.So my questions to the experts who work on these machines on a regular basis(UN like me) are the above problems all related to each other?Is the bill validator always re cycling causing the cash can to not pull out.I have try to remove the can with power off,still something is holding it back.Right side of the can,is free and would pull out if the left side was not being held in place.Is there a release that i need to pull to free it up.The error 54 door stacker open from reading post other members have try the heavy Gage cardboard under cash can,or over sensors.still i get the 54 error.This BALLY 5500 is a new machine to me.Any tips from the members would be appreciated.

Buzz:
Take two credit cards and insert them at both ends of the cash can to release four fingers that is holding it in.  When you get the cash can out take a look inside the chassis and you will see two micro switches one top and one bottom.  Top one is the one giving you the door open error.  Now you have two choices disable the micro switch or install a lock, either way is pretty easy. I disable the switches and never use a cash can again.

vegasbaby:
THANKS BUZZ
If i disable the top micro switch,do you mean just UN hooking or connecting the wire together?And do you feel the this problem is causing my bill validator to keep on cycling?

Buzz:
Wires have to be connected together.  With the machine ON and cash can in place, take a screw driver and push up on the top micro switch. Does the BV stop or keeping cycling ???

vegasbaby:
Hi
With cash can in,i did push up on the micro switch,and it didn't change the fact that the bill validater just keeps on running.I haven't connected the wire together as of yet.To do so looks like I'm going to have to UN bolt from interior wall the gold housing that holds all the bill validator componets.Or is there a easy way.
THANKS
MARK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page