Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:20:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  LIGHTS ON DOOR HELP PLEASE
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LIGHTS ON DOOR HELP PLEASE  (Read 2844 times)
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« on: June 21, 2012, 10:17:33 AM »

Greetings:

I have a 5 line 809 EM with door light problems.  The florescents work fine.  The incandescent bulbs are another story.  ALL of them flicker and go out at will.  There are 2 plastic multi pin connectors in the door near the hinge side.  I will call them upper and lower connectors.  The UPPER connector show obvious signs of over heating and I dare say melting in the past.  When I shake or move this connector in just the right way the lights come back on.  I want to clip the wires that run to the incandescent lights and bypass this burnt connector but I am not sure which two they are.  Any help with the color or location in the connector of these wires would be appreciated. 

Ra
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 02:24:48 PM »

I'm not an expert on these and I'm not sure what you are looking to do with bypassing the lights...BUT...if your bulbs were loose fitting and making intermittent contact, then that arcing could easily cause the "meltdown" problem. You may want to consider just replacing the sockets or, for a temporary fix, pull out the bulbs and spray some contact cleaner inside the socket and check the bulb bases to make sure they're clean as well (power OFF). The bulbs should fit tightly into the socket. Otherwise, they bounce around and the fireworks begin.
Hope this helps in some way.
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 11:10:27 PM »

Those old plastic connectors do age poorly.  You can often spread the pins, and that may help make better contact.
Also, be sure to check all your bulb sockets to make sure they are not touching the case.  That will make problems.
Also, there are two that light up the coin tray, don't forget about them....
OldReno

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 02:21:21 AM »

Back to your original question...
You've got
Insert coin lead,
Coin Accepted Lead,
Winner Paid lead,
General illumination.
(Yellow wire (common) Blue wire 6v Feed.)
I'm thinking 5 wires total, just follow them back from the bulbs to your door sockets, and those are the ones you want to re-plug.
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 09:56:51 AM »

Thanks for all of the responses.  I will get on the socket checking as soon as I get home.  I believe that they all fit in their sockets firmly.  Those small ones (47) in the head unit are another story.   I also will pay special attention to the yellow and blue wires in the connectors.  Will report back my progress.  Thanks again.

RA
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »

I checked all of the sockets and they seemed to be making good contact.  I traced the Yellow wire {Most looked brown because they were cooked in the past) to the cooked plug in the door.  For some reason I had a contact remover in my tool box.  I took the yellow wire out of both plugs and touched them together firmly.  LIGHT!  The side lights behind the reel glass and the coin tray was as bright as day.  A little bypass and the deed was done.  Thanks group! 

Ra
OldReno

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 12:16:22 AM »

Most excellent!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.