Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:23:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  help IGT double diamonds
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: help IGT double diamonds  (Read 4474 times)
lewman63
« on: June 26, 2012, 11:33:14 PM »

machine been a little buggy last few months, having to reset, open door ect. worked fine last week, today i turn it on, got red (top) flashing fast, lower (white) flashing slow. and a "12" in winner paid window.
I have had this machine prob since 2003-2004, have never had to do anything to it other than the occasional coin comparitor coin. Also, when i tried to hit self test button, nothing, zilch. statistical data key works. any helpful hints here ?? thanks a bunch
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 12:16:15 AM »

Code 12 is a low battery. You will need to replace the battery on your MPU board.

You can search this site for "S+ battery" for more info....if you have any questions or problems, please post back and someone can help you out.  Its not that hard if you or someone you know can solder. Easily fixed!

-Roslyn

lewman63
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 12:40:21 AM »

yea i guess i shoulda read the forums better before i did my panick post ha. ill do so. since i used to be a solder tech any very good at replaceing surface mount devices  and MELFS, battery should be no trouble, course i dont have that fancy PACE 2000 solder station at home i used to in the navy ha. again thx.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:45:44 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

NLG Welcome

Be sure to check out the FAQ files (click on the "Rick's FAQ Files" button near the upper-right corner) for lots of information on your machine, including a list of common S+ error codes.

If you run into any issues, feel free to post them here and we'll help you out.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 02:02:26 AM »

Well with your history you could probably do it in your sleep then! Good to hear it will not be a problem!  yes

Post back if you have any problems!  wave

-Roslyn

lewman63
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 01:54:33 PM »

well, battery replaced, now get 61, pushed reset got a "ding", went tp 61_1,  reset  jackpot once as i read in these forums, no joy, no matter what i do, keeps coming up "61"
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 02:03:37 PM »

You are closing and fully latching the door after you get to 61-1 and before you turn the jackpot reset key, right?  If so, you're likely stuck in the "61 loop" (do a search for that term for more details) and will need a clear chip. Do you have one?

Out of curiosity, do you remember if you turned the jackpot reset key in an attempt to clear the original 12 error? We're trying to prove a theory that turning the key when 12 is displayed is the cause of the 61 loop.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
lewman63
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 02:08:17 PM »

answer to both of your questions is admittedly, yes. Like a dummy before realy researching the issue, i did in fact push the white reset (which did zilch), and turning the jackpot reset. So now that i goofed, whats my solution ha ? thx a bunch in advance, and no, i do not have a clear chip, nor does this machine have a bill validator, just quarters.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 02:18:20 PM »

No worries, you're neither the first person nor the last to do it, and it's really dumb - you shouldn't get penalized for turning the jackpot reset key, but seemingly the machine does just that.

Post an ad in the classifieds section saying that you want to buy a S+ RAM clear chip. One you get that, you'll install it in your machine, clear the EEPROM's memory, then put your original chip back in and should be up and running.

lewman63
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »

thanks, i must be missing something, i do not see a "classifieds" on the board here ? i would guess if i go to one of the advertisers on the board, they would have one ?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 02:38:41 PM »

Yes, most of the advertisers here should have one to sell you.

Here's a link to the classifieds section:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=109.0

lewman63
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 01:09:19 PM »

Ok all, machine is good to go using the clear chip. However i thought i would share that it worked differently. Clear procedure worked as normal, but when i put game chip back in, the following 1. turn power on, press self test switch once got ding and 61_1, closed door and locked, reset jackpot switch once (quick spring and return), the display went back to 61 and machine no work. I did this again with the exact same results. I though rats do i gotta do this clear chip again ?, figuring i had nothing to lose really, i pressed the self test switch, got 61_1, then i pressed and held self test switch again (3-5 seconds), while holding it, the reels spun around and stopped, so i closed door, they spun around again and stopped, display went to normal, flashing light off, and game worked just fine.I found it odd, like i said i did the :normal" as i read on these forums twice and after i hit the restet jackpot display kept goin back to 61, before i tried the self test swict as described above. no matter, works fantastic as usual, bummer i had to lose all my statistical data from 2002 ha, but ill live. thanks for all your help on it. This is a great site. btw it is a double diamond quarter machine SP731, SS3632, 10 mhg board, in case anyone keeps track of such things here. again thanks, guess it will be ahwile now to hit all double diamonds ha Smiley
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 01:18:24 AM »

guess it will be ahwile now to hit all double diamonds ha Smiley

The game isn't any more or less likely to hit the jackpot just because you cleared the statistical data.  The result of each spin is an independent event, and the results of the previous spins have no bearing on what will happen on the next spin.  (In other words, the machine doesn't care if the top award has been hit a hundred times, or never before.)

As far as how you got your machine to clear, that's really odd what happened, but I'm glad you got it working.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.