Bally 5500 Blazing RESET questions/ problems

(1/1)

retsof1949:
My 5500 Blazing RESET light stays lighted.  Can anyone help me?  How do it get it to reset and stay dark?  Some brief history.  I am new to this...... I had a code 81, so I had the battery replaced...... then I got the code 83...... which meant I needed to do a ram clear...... so, I bought those 5500 clear chips for UL12 and UL15 and followed the complete clear procedure from the manual (pg. 2-11).  I never got the CH C or CL C message in the win window and my reset button stays lighted.  I turned the power off, pressed the reset button once I powered up again and nothing.  Also, tried holding the reset button and then powering up and still nothing.

I need help, please!! :99-

Blueslots:
Hi did u jump the jumper u need to Jp to clear its close to the batt

retsof1949:
Thanks Blueslots..... I'll try that.  How do I do that? (I'm new to this).

retsof1949:
@Blueslots or anyone else who can help, I checked the JW12 switch near the battery and it is in place on both prongs.  Is that the way it should be?  Again, I have the manual, but it really doesn't say anything about that.  The RESET light still stays lit.

Also, on JW10 I have a little tag on that black rectangular plug that says "Ram Clear".  It is on only one of the two prongs (the left one, as you face it).  Do I need to do anything with this?

I have the RamClear chips in the MPU.

Bottom line, RESET is still red and I'm not sure what to do or try next.

BTW, Anybody know of a repair tech in the Portland, OR area who take a look and help me?

A few Photos attached to help see more detail of what I am dealing with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index