Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:23:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  What's a good price for an S+ / S+ vs S2000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's a good price for an S+ / S+ vs S2000  (Read 2418 times)
DonnieZ
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: July 29, 2012, 11:58:08 PM »

I'm actively looking for a machine for my Mom for her birthday. She loves to play the slots, and I think it would be something nice for her to have.

I've got a line on a couple of machines, one being an S2000 RWB Deluxe, 2 Coin currently equipped for dollar tokens. The other machine I have a line on is from a dealer who will pretty much put together whatever I want for $500 as long, but it will be an S+ machine not an S2000. I made a post in the other forum about the S2000 I'm looking at. It currently has no sound, but the forum says that it should cost well under $50 to get it back in action.

Ideally I'd like to have a 5 Times Pay or a 10 Times Pay that's coined for nickels or quarters, preferably nickels. As I said in the other post, I'm somewhat capable with electronics and such. I can do most repairs as long as the components are large enough to work with my fingers and it's not an SMT solder.

So my crossroads is this: Do I buy the S2000, put a little work and money into it to get the sound working and have it run on nickels, or do I buy the S+ for $500 that's pretty much ready to go when I buy it? From what I can see on this forum, $500 might be a little much for an S+, however being near Chicago the selection seems to be a little thin and shipping seems to spoil the price a bit in these parts.

One thing that I didn't like was that the guy who is trying to build the S+ for me said that I really don't want the S2000 because those were really intended to be TITO machines, and adding a coin mech is something the machine was never really intended for. He also said that the early S2000 models were somewhat problematic. My personal belief is that he's trying to veer me toward his S+ purchase, but again I don't know for sure.

Thanks for the opinions. This forum is pretty great so far!

cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 12:54:53 AM »

S+ machines are nice and very reliable. The stiff about S2000's not being good on coins is bullshit. Advantage goes to S2000 for sound options, backlit reels and ease of programming. Value depends on your market area and parts are currently easier to find for S2000's
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 01:28:08 AM »

...I really don't want the S2000 because those were really intended to be TITO machines, and adding a coin mech is something the machine was never really intended for. He also said that the early S2000 models were somewhat problematic.

All of the statement above is totally untrue !!!
What a crock of baloney that seller is saying to you.
I strongly advise you to NOT   ttth do business with a person that is telling you this.  no
That is very deceitful sales tactics.

I have experienced both machine platforms and they are both  coin capable and very reliable.
Though I love the older IGT S+ platform ( It's a real solid workhorse!  yes ),  I've found that I have really enjoyed the more options that the S2000 has to offer!  propeller
That's my person opinion - slot machine tastes vary greatly!

Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 01:31:41 AM »

You willing to drive to Toledo?

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.