Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:35:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  E1000 hopper faulting out
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: E1000 hopper faulting out  (Read 2196 times)
777JackPot
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: August 03, 2012, 06:09:10 PM »

Hopper fails test #4 with a code 31 (grunts or may pay 3- 5 coins); intermittently works during game mode but have to reset the machine; I have done the following:

1. Replaced rocker coin switch
2. Pulled motor apart and is in great condition; pulls .09 to 2.5 amps during game coin dispensing. pin wheel spins with no binding
3 Ohm'd all wires to motor, switch and checked ground
4 Tested control board (E2000) and it has 5.04 VDC, 120 VAC and looks in good shape
5 Checked power supply; 5.04VDC, 9.8VDC and ZC at 7.1VDC
6 Clean all connections and tested at the 'J' connector of the control board; beau plugs looks good

Noticed one thing in all this, the faulting out usually occurs when there is no coin on the pin wheel. Testing, I cleared the pin wheel and could not get the hopper to run until a coin was dispensed off the coin rocker??? Is there a timing circuit associated with the hopper output as the older machines?
Could the delay relay cause this? Mine is the ice cube style, my book doesn't give the wiring for that cube. Does anyone know what the wiring to that relay is? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thx...
javascript:void(0);
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 10:14:52 PM »

Hi Jackpot,

How's that machine doing?  You did not say how high the level of coins were in your hopper but my experience is you need quite a few to insure they ride up the pin wheel.  You are correct with your timing-out assumption.  The microprocess wants to see that roller switch (coin counting switch) working while the motor is running.  After a few seconds with no coins it will fault out.   

Good luck,

Mark

Its Always Something...
777JackPot

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 01:02:54 PM »

Problem resolved!
I got my hands on a spare hopper control board to swap out, and the problem persisted. I knew that an upstream problem was telling the MPU that there was a jam at this point because I was getting fault 31 on the hopper test (#4). I started thinking what the heck is telling the MPU there is a jam during the test #4? The 'dag-nabbed' counter switch! "Fault 31" says you have a coin stuck under the rocker,,,,,,,If the switch is hooked N/O when it should be N/C then it is telling the MPU; hey I have a coin under the rocker, (at rest). The Bally book tells you the coin switch is N/O on page 53 (I/O), and N/C on page 47 (hopper board)!?! Switch should be N/C, page 53 is wrong.[/font] All works like a champ once I swapped the connection on the rocker switch.

waving flag propeller waving flag
SteveE
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 01:32:36 PM »

Good investigative work! We've noticed some inconsistencies as well in the Bally books. We will take note of this one!

Good job!  applause applause applause

777JackPot

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 05:29:27 PM »

Added note: the manual I was referring to is the Bally Slot Machines 1980 - 1986 by M. Fey. Picture attached.

* Bally 1980-86 cover.jpg (19.15 KB, 235x311 - viewed 204 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.