Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 12:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  Latest WBA Version (Looking for someone to update)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Latest WBA Version (Looking for someone to update)  (Read 12431 times)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« on: September 14, 2012, 08:48:36 PM »

Hey guys,

This is the part of my machines that don't tinker with much...the bill validators.  My Game King won't take the new 5's.  My S2000 does take the new 5's.  That's about all I know.

I've uploaded some photos in hopes that someone can provide guidance or let me know who can update these for me.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

* 1.JPG (93.12 KB, 640x478 - viewed 352 times.)

* 2.JPG (98.86 KB, 640x478 - viewed 337 times.)

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 08:50:12 PM »

A couple more photos:

Thanks,
Jason

* 3.JPG (120.52 KB, 640x478 - viewed 378 times.)

* 4.JPG (108.59 KB, 640x478 - viewed 336 times.)

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 09:16:01 PM »

Look on the bottom of transport. See if they have chips that you can replace or if they are flashed.
I think one has chip & the other is flashed.
Chip you can change to newer version

11 is flashed & 12 is chip
V3.80 should take all including new $100
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 09:29:55 PM »

Here's with chip

* 100_1448.jpg (650.24 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 353 times.)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 09:44:20 PM »

FYI
WBA-12 is flash version
WBA-13 is EPROM version could be a EEPROM depending on the device

The WBA-11 is a differernt or prior version and not the correct one to replace a WBA-12 or 13

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 09:45:03 PM »

A couple more photos:

Thanks,
Jason
I think it has something to do about the size of the presidents head .  LOL  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 10:25:44 PM »

Jason You must have done some tinkering along the line somewhere, didn't the Game King have a Mars BV ??      Scratch Head Scratch Head

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 03:26:16 AM »

Yeah Buzz, about a year ago, the MEI BV went belly up on me unfortunately in my S2000.  There's a thread in the S2000 forum somewhere about it. 

I took a snapshot of the undersides of the WBA's.  Doesn't look like they take EPROMs.  Can you guys tell if they're flashable?

Thanks,
Jason

* 6.JPG (139.76 KB, 640x478 - viewed 344 times.)

JCM Tech
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 05:22:06 AM »

WBAs come in 4 different types. The WBA 10 and WBA 11 came out in 1995 and use a 1 Meg program. The WBA 12 and WBA 13 came along around 1997 and have a 4 Meg program. Even number validators (10 and 12) are flash programed and odd numbers (11 and 13 use an EPROM. The reason for the upgrade in memory size was due to the newer currency and having to add more notes to the programming. You can always find the latest version available on the JCM web site in their Tech Bulletin section. http://www.jcmglobal.com/en/support/notifications/technical.aspx
On the front of the bulletin on the right side they list the latest versions released. If you use the Software look-up page, http://www.jcmglobal.com/en/support/downloads/SoftwareInfo.aspx you can get a spec sheet on the software listing what was changed in the new version along with specifics on which notes are accepted, a listing of the previous versions and the changes each one has.
Hope this helps
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 06:34:20 AM »

Yeah Buzz, about a year ago, the MEI BV went belly up on me unfortunately in my S2000.  There's a thread in the S2000 forum somewhere about it. 

I took a snapshot of the undersides of the WBA's.  Doesn't look like they take EPROMs.  Can you guys tell if they're flashable?

Thanks,
Jason

Yes Sir they can be flashed.  If you want I can send you up a loaner while yours are gone. ( will be in no hurry to get mine back, I have a bunch of spares )  The two I know that can do the flash for you is Blueridge and Ben @ Fannini

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 05:58:19 PM »

Wow Buzz, I really appreciate that.  I'll let you know once I figure out when and who I'm going to send both of them out to.  

Since I have hoppers in each machine, can I disable the bv's in the menu and still play the machines while they are out getting flashed?

Jason
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:03:42 PM by Yoeddy1 » Logged

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 06:28:03 PM »

Wow Buzz, I really appreciate that.  I'll let you know once I figure out when and who I'm going to send both of them out to. 

Since I have hoppers in each machine, can I disable the bv's in the menu and still play the machines while they are out getting flashed?

Jason

Yes Sir you can disable the BV on a S 2000 and use the machine without the BV.  It' gets kind of complected, let me see if I can tell you how to do it.  Remove the BV, close door, ( will get BV error ) open door, close door and BV error will clear. ALL DONE !!!!  " DAMN that was easy " Doesn't work on a Game King but you can keep the BV in the GK after loading the S 2000 with credits. Remove your BV from the S 2000 and test to see if I'm right or not !!

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 07:32:15 PM »

Worked great Buzz.  On the S2000, I powered off the machine, took out the BV, powered back up.  Saw the BV error, opened and closed the door and it cleared.

The game king...within the menus, I disabled the BV, powered off, removed the BV, powered it back up and it continued to play fine.

Thanks again for the help.

Jason

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 11:25:06 PM »

Ok, my BV's are all up to the latest and greatest 3.80 version now.  Thanks again Ben!

Question...

If you look at the photos above, the Game King has a WBA 11 SS bill head, while my S2000 has a WBA 12 SS bill head.  The transports are WBA 12 SS.  Are all versions of bill heads compatible with my transports?  What are the differences?

So here's the problem:

The S2000 is fine from what I've tested so far and will take the bills that I throw at it whether they are inserted right side up, left, right, upside down, you name it.  If I put a ticket in, it will pull it all the way in and spit it back out as expected.

The Game King is a bit more erratic in terms of behavior.  It is VERY picky with the bills.  Seems to respond depending on orientation of the bill, and sometimes it will pull it in part way and spit it back out...almost as if it needs an extra nudge.  What's really weird is if I take a ticket, and put it in right side up, the ticket almost seems to slip on the belts and won't feed all the way in before spitting it back out.  However, if I flip it upside down and feed it in, the transport will pull it in all the way, and spit it back out...every time.  Why would feeding it in right side up produce the erratic pulling behavior?  Reading problem?

I've cleaned the belts, rollers, and lightly wiped the optics.  Dipswitches are all off.  I cleared CRC mismatch errors as well.  Any thoughts?  Do I need a different bill head? 

What Ben programmed to 3.80 is the transport right?  Not the bill head correct?

Thanks,
Jason

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 12:36:18 AM »

Same BV in both machines, switch them and see if the problem follows the BV.  ( most times different bezels )   

coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 01:06:00 AM »

Ok, my BV's are all up to the latest and greatest 3.80 version now.  Thanks again Ben!

Question...

If you look at the photos above, the Game King has a WBA 11 SS bill head, while my S2000 has a WBA 12 SS bill head.  The transports are WBA 12 SS.  Are all versions of bill heads compatible with my transports?  What are the differences?

So here's the problem:

The S2000 is fine from what I've tested so far and will take the bills that I throw at it whether they are inserted right side up, left, right, upside down, you name it.  If I put a ticket in, it will pull it all the way in and spit it back out as expected.

The Game King is a bit more erratic in terms of behavior.  It is VERY picky with the bills.  Seems to respond depending on orientation of the bill, and sometimes it will pull it in part way and spit it back out...almost as if it needs an extra nudge.  What's really weird is if I take a ticket, and put it in right side up, the ticket almost seems to slip on the belts and won't feed all the way in before spitting it back out.  However, if I flip it upside down and feed it in, the transport will pull it in all the way, and spit it back out...every time.  Why would feeding it in right side up produce the erratic pulling behavior?  Reading problem?

I've cleaned the belts, rollers, and lightly wiped the optics.  Dipswitches are all off.  I cleared CRC mismatch errors as well.  Any thoughts?  Do I need a different bill head? 

What Ben programmed to 3.80 is the transport right?  Not the bill head correct?

Thanks,
Jason

The programmable chip is in the transport not the head. Sometimes the sticker on the head will read WBA12 or WBA13, but the transport is what counts, that is where the flash chip is located,  And If Ben or Jim get backed up or you need them flashed quickly...I do them too..But give the vendors the shot first.
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 02:26:50 AM »

Buzz, I'll give it a shot.  However, I have an update.  I took the BV out and just for grins, I flipped all of the dip switches on and off again.  I put the BV back in.  After letting it sit idle for a while, I decided to feed it some bills again.  Now it's taking 5's and 1's with no problem and in all orientations. 

Perhaps the heat inside of the machine did something?  Maybe when I cleaned the path, the optics were not reading right?  Heat inside of the machine have any effect on the rollers or belts?  I'm reaching here.

Thoughts?  Seems to be working ok now.

Jason

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 02:34:39 AM »

Oh yeah, and what do the bill heads control?  Is there any benefit to having the same version of bill head on the same series of transport?

Jason

Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 252

Life is too short, live, love and have a good time

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 06:02:27 AM »

Wba heads that go on the 11, 12 & 13 are the same. They may have stickers labeled 11, 12 or 13 because that is the model of transport that they were shipped with.
edski
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 123

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 10:06:28 AM »

Wba heads that go on the 11, 12 & 13 are the same. They may have stickers labeled 11, 12 or 13 because that is the model of transport that they were shipped with.

Correct!
WBA heads are the same, transports are different.
JCM heads are different, transports are the same.

I'm almost certain.
It's only 7 am, and I'm not quite sober.

Spoiled Rotten Birds
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 09:52:48 PM »

So I'm at wits end.  I have two 12SS transports with 3.80 firmware.  They have both been tested with a known working 11SS bill head that takes both bills and tickets fine.  I have a 12SS bill head that only takes bills and won't take tickets on either transport.  I recently received another 11SS bill head that will take tickets but not bills on either transport.  Cleaned all sensors, belts and rollers several times.

I also just bought a JCM calibration paper direct from JCM (WBA version) hoping that it would resolve the issue on at least one of the heads.  Switches 5-8 down to put it into calibration mode...fed black side of paper in first...machine pulls paper in and out a couple of times and bill entry lights blink fast indicating success.  I've also done this more than once, but the result is still the same on each bill head...nothing has changed my circumstance.

So what do I do?  Take my chances on another bill head?  I just want to be able to insert bills and plug tickets in with the TITO soution.  I have one machine that works fine and if I use that same transport in another machine it works fine there too.  I'm just having bad luck with bill heads.

Any other ideas?  Sad

Jason

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.