Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:19:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  igt s+ slant top cmos chip bad parts on there way
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: igt s+ slant top cmos chip bad parts on there way  (Read 2805 times)
weasleizer
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: September 26, 2012, 09:03:20 AM »

Hello everybody

I found this site a couple weeks ago and read through so many posts and the information level was incredible, Which is where this question will come in.  I have a 1994 igt s+ red white and blue slot slant top  sp1271 reel prom 3625  10 mhz board  while finding out what this basket case needed i got the mpu running,  then did a real bad thing  while trying to reset the cmos chip by flat surface grounding when i put it back in 2 of the legs folded under between the chip  holder ,ouch, well where it seems i am now is needing a new cmos chip and im not sure how much else, the cmos got real hot while it was turned on but all others seemed to stay cool.  any help on this would be most appreciative, also at this point it seems like i might need a prog chip for this as well so if anybody has all 3 it would be a lifesaver  would love to get this machine up and running.

Matt

also i now have nothing on the screen at all even after straigtening the pins and restarting
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:08:24 AM by weasleizer » Logged
weasleizer

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »

Hi Again

also found this board has no sound,  all parts are there, speaker,  wires,  connectors   im thinking this might be better to just get a new board and swap my game chips into it

any ideas
weasleizer

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 06:39:27 PM »

Anybody out there have any idea if this board is shot
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 02:35:13 AM »

Anybody out there have any idea if this board is shot

It's tough to know without having all of the chips and a known working board to eliminate parts.

You can place an ad in the classifieds section for a new S+ board.  I'd say the going price for a tested working board is in the neighborhood of $20 + shipping.  Since you know you had sound issues with your current board, you might as well just get a tested replacement board and kill a few birds with one stone.

I'm not sure what you meant by a "prog chip".  Do you have a bill validator in your machine?  You might need a SET chip to re-enable it after the board swap.  If you don't already have one, I'd suggest picking up a pair of chips -- a CLEAR chip (which you'll likely never need, but it's handy to have for the rare occasions you do need it), and a SET chip to enable your bill validator.  The pair of chips should cost no more than $20, also.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
weasleizer

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 08:58:16 AM »

thx for the response on this

it appear that a member forrhouse has everything i need so im going to order from him at this point  also found the door optics too be bad so when i was try ing to get the machine to reset into run mode it wouldnt.  Lesson learned the hard way but definetly been a fun project along the way  been cleaning and testing everything so when i get the new board ill be ready to go,

will let everybody know how it goes

and thx again
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.