Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:54:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  why are the reels so loud?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: why are the reels so loud?  (Read 6390 times)
staz
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« on: October 02, 2012, 10:12:39 PM »

i tried 3 sets of reels on my s2k not my top dollar...... and there all making this noise in my video......it cant be the reels what causes this noise? Scratch Head Scratch Head i can hear it evan at 5 voluime......

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4usNvMIb4fU&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/4usNvMIb4fU&rel=0</a>
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 10:51:32 PM »

Bearings basically...you spin around a 12 million times and see how your knees last!!!
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 11:03:35 PM »

its doing it on all my reels? thats what made me wonder if it was something else?
opman
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 74

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 11:19:45 PM »

Staz,

That sound you hear is probably coming from the speakers and not the reels. Some of the earlier cpu boards with part numbers ending in 501, 502, 504 Rev.A would make that noise from the circuitry in the backlight components. The later cpu boards with part numbers ending in 504 Rev. B and later enhanced boards took away most of the humming and buzzing sounds you hear when the reels are spinning.  There has been talk on here about a mod you can do to help eliminate the buzz but not sure how ell it works. Maybe others will chime in. Hope this helps.
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 11:56:54 PM »

I think the opman is correct on this.  Also your picture is of the "old reels" with chrome light buckets.  The newer style are white I think. That still is not going to correct the "noise" prob.  It has been discussed and Corrected HERE numerous of times.  Also chk your amp board with part number and make sure it is not the newer-or older for your application.  In your post I do not think you said what game you were running with cpu-etc.  Thanks B.
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 12:33:58 AM »

I think the opman is correct on this.  Also your picture is of the "old reels" with chrome light buckets.  The newer style are white I think. That still is not going to correct the "noise" prob.  It has been discussed and Corrected HERE numerous of times.  Also chk your amp board with part number and make sure it is not the newer-or older for your application.  In your post I do not think you said what game you were running with cpu-etc.  Thanks B.

im running a enhanced board..... theres no noise comming out of the speakers its just loud winning noise from the reels..... i wonder barry if i put led reels in there would they be less noisy?......i would have to change the shelf and prob the reel controller.....
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:02:03 AM by staz » Logged
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 12:53:03 AM »

Staz,   That being stated I think newer style or "fresh' reels will correct this.  In your post the reels did sound weary but were working.  Still do not know application.  You will get this as I am going to be taking a even longer VACTION here from the dumb asses.  ~~~B.
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 01:01:18 AM »

Staz,   That being stated I think newer style or "fresh' reels will correct this.  In your post the reels did sound weary but were working.  Still do not know application.  You will get this as I am going to be taking a even longer VACTION here from the dumb asses.  ~~~B.

what do you mean application? i had 4 sets of reels one set has my reel strips on them.....they all make that noise...... thats why i thought it was something besides the reels but its not.....my best reels are in my top dollar they make very little noise.....i gotta find a new set of reels but no one out there has new ones.....barry you use leds are your reels less noisy with sound off?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 03:59:31 AM »

Staz,
Try something...
Disconnect the connectors for the speaker harness out from the tray and topbox ears
and play the machine the same way you have it now - without the strips installed
and see if there's any sound/humming noise difference?

If so, then you will be certain that the louder sounds are coming from the amplifier board -
rather than the reel baskets or motors?

I think it's worth a shot...process of elimination to pinpoint the problem...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:06:48 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 06:01:08 AM »

Staz,
Try something...
Disconnect the connectors for the speaker harness out from the tray and topbox ears
and play the machine the same way you have it now - without the strips installed
and see if there's any sound/humming noise difference?

If so, then you will be certain that the louder sounds are coming from the amplifier board -
rather than the reel baskets or motors?

I think it's worth a shot...process of elimination to pinpoint the problem...

tried it just as loud.....there was no difference......
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 11:02:06 AM »

It,s in the water you drink
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 01:46:03 PM »

tried it just as loud.....there was no difference......

Now you know the problem is NOT with the amplifier circuit board or your speakers.
One or more of the reel/s motors are giving out a loud vibration/grinding sound!

Now, you said that you had fairly new reels in another machine?
Take the strips off of those and swap the good reels with each one of your reels in this machine - one-by-one and test.
You will find out which reel or reels are going bad as each time you swap a reel -  the grinding sound will lessen.

Again, it's a process of elimination and testing each time until you pinpoint the problem.
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 04:57:40 PM »

Now THIS is high quality sound!

http://youtu.be/5UCEktm9sck

Jadon

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 12:02:49 AM »

i put my other reels in and came to a conclusion the noise is comming from all 3 reels...... who on here can lube up a set of reels and knock the pins back in to make them less noisy???
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 10:40:24 AM »

Have you read Bunker's posts?

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4303.msg36372#msg36372

Ron (r273)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.