Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 03:10:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Gameking Monitor Problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gameking Monitor Problem  (Read 5908 times)
Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 252

Life is too short, live, love and have a good time

« on: February 25, 2009, 10:59:42 PM »

I have converted my monitor for my Gameking to accept 110V on the input instead of the 240v that my old setup required. I installed an Ceronix isolation transformer/autoswithcher that was recommended to me by them for the job.  I connected everything correctly, and I get the degaussing sound, but no initial flash of light and no picture.  I also get get a clicking sound coming from the monitor.  The monitor is a Ceronix 2093 and the isolation transformer/autoswithcher is Ceronix model ISO XFR-75W.  Anybody have any ideas what could be causing the problem.
Thanks,
Eric

By the way the sound it is making is like a constant tick, tock, tick, tock......It sounds like the clicking of a relay.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:04:43 PM by Forrhouse » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 01:05:07 AM »

....or a bomb... rotflmao

ADD>>Try adjusting the power supply to it? May not be getting the correct juice...
Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 02:58:53 AM »

My multi-meter says that the monitor cable is receiving 117 volts.
And actually I tried installing a 120v ceronix 2093 board and, uh, I guess there was something wrong with it and your bomb theory actually happened. 2 Caps blew.  hissy fit
Eric
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 03:13:37 AM »

sorry about the caps, I had the same ticking noise on one of my Cherry masters a few years ago and I remembered hearing that ticking sound....I knew it wasnt good then....guess it still isnt good to hear that sound now....some things never change...
I wish I had kept notes of my repairs like channelmaniac does.
Forrhouse

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 06:43:56 AM »

I'll let you know what i find out.
Thanks,
Eric
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 01:17:54 PM »

Eric    The chirping sound you hear coming from the monitor usually indicates that the switching power supply is defective. That's common with all switchers.  Usually if the high voltage is good you will see a bright flash when you turn it off. And if you put your hand close to the front of the tube you will feel the static electricity crackle.  Ceronix had a program where they would test and repair chassis for a flat rate. I think the last time I did it , it was something like 50.00 each. 

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Forrhouse

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 03:53:10 PM »

Hi Jim.  I don't get a bright flash.  Great job in diagnosing the problem. I talked with a Ceronix tech and he indicated a short in the power supply. So, I'm going to drive it there today or tomorrow. K+ to you.
Thanks,
Eric
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 04:03:18 PM »

Don't know how old the chassis is but I would insist that they re-cap the chassis just because  its there and caps are cheap and it may save a problem  that will show up in a few months .  It may cost a few dollars more now  than alot of aggravation later

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Forrhouse

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 12:46:24 AM »

That's a good idea. I am going to have them recap it.

Thanks,
Eric
Forrhouse

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 02:22:45 AM »

Well, I got back from  Ceronix today and there was a short.  They replaced caps and everything works great.
By the way, their customer service is beyond excellent.
Eric
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.