Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:21:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Super Joker not registering all coins
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Super Joker not registering all coins  (Read 3256 times)
xanadu
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: November 19, 2012, 12:01:45 AM »

Here is a quick youtube video: http://youtu.be/5z4KjOzzQgU

Only about 50% of the quarters are registering, doesn't seem to matter if they are the old style of newer ones, it is very hit and miss.

What can I adjust to improve this?

On another note, what is the proper term for the sit-down style of slot machines?

Thanks!
-X
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:46:21 AM »

From your video I'm going to guess that all the coins are going to the hopper. Well that tells me the comparator is doing a outstanding good job. So the only thing else between the comparator and the hopper is the coin optics.
Just another guess, was this once a large coin machine and was changed to a quarter machine ? If this is correct, check the size of the shim inside the coin optic, the shim must be of a size that will force the coin to the side so it passes between the optics.  Maybe just dirty optics.

It's called a Slant Top.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
xanadu

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 01:05:23 AM »

From your video I'm going to guess that all the coins are going to the hopper. Well that tells me the comparator is doing a outstanding good job. So the only thing else between the comparator and the hopper is the coin optics.
Just another guess, was this once a large coin machine and was changed to a quarter machine ? If this is correct, check the size of the shim inside the coin optic, the shim must be of a size that will force the coin to the side so it passes between the optics.  Maybe just dirty optics.

It's called a Slant Top.

Ah, good point, yes, the quarters are passing through the coin mechanism and dropping back into the players payout hopper as if they are being rejected as legitimate.

I don't know the history of the machine (ie; used to use large coins, etc) as I just picked it up today from a local Craigslist listing.  The optics on the payout hopper had been broken so once I reassembled things it is mostly working, nice!

I will go check out the coin mech optics to see if I can find anything.

Slant top, got it.

Appreciate the help!

-X
xanadu

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 09:49:41 PM »

A full tear down and cleaning of the coin optics fixed it right up, 100% success on registering coins now.

I tried just blowing it out with canned air but that didn't do the trick, had to actually wipe off the optics with denatured alcohol.

Thank you!
-X
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 10:09:30 PM »

A full tear down and cleaning of the coin optics fixed it right up, 100% success on registering coins now.

I tried just blowing it out with canned air but that didn't do the trick, had to actually wipe off the optics with denatured alcohol.

Thank you!
-X

Your going to get a lot of folks upset by using alcohol. me I just spit on a rag and smear my DNA all over the optics.  Damn it just dawned on me, with some of our members that would be the same as using alcohol !!  Clap Clap

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
paul
paul
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 01:22:09 AM »

I like that one buzz
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.