Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:41:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker.
| | |-+  IGT Fortune I
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Fortune I  (Read 9844 times)
Thor777
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« on: October 01, 2008, 11:29:41 PM »

dngrs1

IGT Fortune I
« on: September 17, 2005, 11:31:47 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fortune 1 I/O LED's (switch test). These are binary(I don't remember the usefulness of that) 1,2,4,8.
@ is lit, o is unlit. Binary number is on the left. Button name in parenthesis indicates non-credit game.

9    @ o o @     Cashout (Cancel)
6    o @ @ o     Bet 1
10  o @ o @     Hold 1
11  @ @ o @    Hold 2
12  o  o  @ @   Hold 3
13  @ o @ @    Hold 4
14  o  @ @ @   Hold 5
7   @ @ @ o    Bet 5 (Deal)
8   o o o @      Deal (Draw)
15 @ @ @ @   Hopper weight sw.
5   @ o @ o     Coin in sw.
4   o o @ o      Meters/ Last Game Sw.
3   @ @ o o     J.P. Reset sw.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 09:26:34 AM by Joeylc » 

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 11:32:02 PM »

belbenchtech
NLG Member

Re: IGT Fortune I
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 11:35:57 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It might be worth mentioning here that all of the switches in the Fortune I are daisy chained together...kind of like the old Xmas tree lights, when one goes out they all go...

Mike><>

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 11:32:37 PM »

Dean

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 09:13:59 AM »   

Hi Folks,

I have an IGT Fortune 1 video poker that is down.  When I power up the machine slowly, one after one I get five aces of spades and the screen is otherwise garbled.  After the machine has been on for a half hour or so, finally the monitor display might clear up and will operate normally, other times it just stays garbled.  I assume that the mother board is the main suspect but where do I find a replacement or get this board shopped out and repaired.  Another approach that I understand I could take would be to upgrade this to either a "PE" or "S+"  model but what would I be getting myself into.  ANY SUGGESTIONS would be appreciated.

Dean

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 11:33:31 PM »

Phil

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 08:21:17 PM »   

Greetings all!   I know someone has an answer to this. This Igt Fortune I poker machine, model cr701 I think, has a weird problem that has me stumped. When turned on the moniter comes up ok, not the best picture though, then slowly fades out to almost nothing. I know what you're thinking it's the monitor itself right? Wrong, I tried a brand new one with the same result. It has to be the main logic board, but I tried and replaced all the caps on it but no luck.Has anybody have any experience with these machines ? What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 11:34:20 PM »

fanninislots
NLG Member

Fanninislots Help Files.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 12:45:42 AM »   

Well...this may take a while to look up but check out Belbenchtech's Repair Logs of Various Games (Moderator: belbenchtech). The problem you have is something he should really know and may have posted it but you will have to read all his notes carefully.

In this field....although I try to provide all the help I can all I can say is "Don't lick any part of the monitor even though all the little items on the board look like chicklets gum they aren't"

Have a great weekend.

Ben Jr
Fannini Slots Inc

Report to moderator    69.232.49.155 (?) 

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 11:35:17 PM »

belbenchtech
NLG Member

Belbenchtechs Repair Logs.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 02:35:45 PM »   

By all means...I finally got the Fortune I schematics loaded to Belbenchtech repair logs...they came up sideways, but I believe you can copy and print them so you can have your own set.

Mike><>

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 11:35:45 PM »

Aceshigh

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 07:25:23 PM »   

Thanks Mike, That helps a lot. After reading your notes I think I narrowed my problem down to the CAP Prom. It gets pretty warm so I put in the freezer for a few minutes then put it back in the board. My screen comes back to life but then after a minute it fades out again . I think I can get a replacement prom but how do I program it? Thanks, Phil.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 11:36:59 PM »

Joeylc
OverWorked Admin
Site Administrator
NLG Member

NLG Shop. 928-754-4147 1-888-NLG-SLOTS

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 07:28:41 PM »   

What # cap prom do you need ? 

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 11:37:27 PM »

Aceshigh

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 07:40:14 PM »   

The chip number is a N82S129N. The number beneath it says 3140-Cap8 I think, it's kind of faded. The game program chips say  PK 610-S. The top glass says  Royal Flush the belly  says Draw Poker. Does this help? Thanks, Phil

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 11:38:18 PM »

belbenchtech
NLG Member

Belbenchtechs Repair Logs.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 06:32:12 AM »   

As I remember  it The CAP PROMs were propritary(sp) components...the only place I ever ordered them was directly from IGT...of course the last time I ordered them was in the mid-90s, maybe if you can find someone with the right CAP PROM and a cloner... , sorry I'm of no more help

Mike><>

Quote from: Aceshigh on November 17, 2005, 07:25:23 PM
Thanks Mike, That helps a lot. After reading your notes I think I narrowed my problem down to the CAP Prom. It gets pretty warm so I put in the freezer for a few minutes then put it back in the board. My screen comes back to life but then after a minute it fades out again . I think I can get a replacement prom but how do I program it? Thanks, Phil.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 11:38:50 PM »

Cactusjack

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 09:11:37 AM »   

The number doesn't match any CAPROMs I have.  However, you are lucky on two points.

1st, since a cold version of your chip works, it can be used to capture the original data and make a copy.

2nd, As an otherwise obsolete chip, www.jameco.com still has the 82S129 listed on their website for just under $10.

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=27781&searchValue=82s129

However, you will need a Bipolar PROM programmer or at least a universal EPROM programmer as many of the newer models do not program the old bipolars.

If you'de like, you can send me the original and the new blank and I can copy it for you for just the cost of shipping it back to you ($4 US Priority mail).  This, of course, is assuming you are here in the US.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 11:39:51 PM »

Aceshigh

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 08:03:08 AM »   

Thanks Cj that would be great!. I will get a hold of some blanks and get back to you. Let me know if I can repay the favor. Thanks again.
Phil

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 11:40:53 PM »

anjhurin

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 06:05:02 PM »   

Just uploaded a copy of my Fortune I manual to the uploads area if anyone needs it. Even has the schematics.
-Gary-

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 11:41:55 PM »

BuddmanTx

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 12:23:00 AM »   

Hey there,
    I know how stupid this will sound....but check your exhaust fan on the side of the cabinet......hold your hand over the louvers and there should be enough air coming out of there to move your hand, If not replace the fan and your monitor fading in and out should go away.
BuddmanTx

Quote from: Phil on November 11, 2005, 08:21:17 PM
Greetings all!   I know someone has an answer to this. This Igt Fortune I poker machine, model cr701 I think, has a weird problem that has me stumped. When turned on the moniter comes up ok, not the best picture though, then slowly fades out to almost nothing. I know what you're thinking it's the monitor itself right? Wrong, I tried a brand new one with the same result. It has to be the main logic board, but I tried and replaced all the caps on it but no luck.Has anybody have any experience with these machines ? What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 11:42:36 PM »

Hey there,
    The 5 aces of spades means your board was cleared, probly due to a bad ram battery. check the ram battery with a volt meter it shold read 3.6 vdc or higher, if not replace it with the same type of batt.
use your reset key to key the reset and you should be good to go.
BuddmanTx

Hi Folks,

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 11:46:09 PM »

frosty

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 08:05:08 AM »   

To anyone whom can be of assistance,

Well thanks to the good folks in/on this forum   yes and all of their assistance and reference material  yummy , I figured that ya'll could help me through just about anything....at least gaming related....and not including my painful, but memorable hard lessons learned nubee, rookie mistakes         

Anyway, after conquering relatively easy repairs on a few Bally 5500 ProSlots....OK, OK, so maybe ya'll did the mental part.....my hands where a part of the process too  I went and purchased an old (80 to 83) Video Poker machine. It says it's a Bally E 1265, and on the inside of the door there is a sticker that has E 1065 on it. Though I have not had much luck when trying to reference either one of those numbers.

The best literature I've found thus far is the manual for Bally V-1088 & V-1090. The componet layouts are VERY similar, and they have several of the same features on some componets. However the V Series seems to be a video reel type game instead of the Draw Poker theme that is on the machine I purchased.

After reading these tech notes I'm going to do some searching for "Sircoma" products next, but I thought I'd go ahead and post a cry for HELP!!!    bawling bawling hissy fit bawling bawling       

I need to do a thorough cleaning job, but all in all the unit appears to be in pretty good shape. It powers up but the monitor is mostly just a light blue washout.....reminds me of the "blue screen of death" that I dread seeing on my PC's at work!   Duh! The game is 5 Card Draw, and it is a 5 coin option machine.

Any leads, suggestions, tips, whatever......would and will be GREATLY appreciated!!! Hmmmm???? Unless it's a "  Ha Ha Sucker, what are you going to do with that boat anchor???!!!  " arrow

As always, thanks for your time and assistance!!!   yes

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 11:47:07 PM »

Cactusjack

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2006, 12:33:44 PM »   

If you can't find anything that matches in the download data base, you might try Contacting Barry Fox at Fox Slots (ebay store front).  I have seen him list the Bally 1000 series Video poker manual before as well as complete machines.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 11:47:49 PM »

frosty

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2006, 01:22:01 PM »   

THANK YOU SIR!!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.