Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:57:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker.
| | |-+  IGT Fortune 1 Error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Fortune 1 Error  (Read 11619 times)
RJ
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: December 09, 2012, 05:50:31 PM »

I Recently picked up a fortune 1 and this is all it will do. I removed the dead battery checked the fuses. Reseated all of the IC chips on the main board. Cleaned the edge connectoer. Reseated all of the connectors on the game. Tried the reset. Not sure were to go from here. It was working one day and the next day the original owner turned it on and this is what it is dispalying.

Any sugestions or were I can have the board repaired.

Thanks

RJ

* Fortune 1.jpg (101.2 KB, 1277x720 - viewed 665 times.)
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 06:36:52 PM »

look at the caps on the main game board.....    The For-1 makes it's 5v vcc on the main cpu I bet the caps are all dried out and your not getting  5vdc.......

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
RJ

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 04:40:19 PM »

Thanks or the Help.
 I went threw the Caps on the main board and found that the two 10mfd's and the 33mfd on the output of the +5 -5 and 12vdc lines were Dead. No reading on the ESR meter. The 1000mfd and the 6800mfd on the input side of the regulators show good on the ESR. Will try and plug the board in later on today and post my results.

I am thinking about upping the capacitance from 1000mfd's to 2200mfd to smooth out the ripple  some more that is hitting the regulator chips from the full bridge rectifier circuit. This should lower the heat and make for a smoother +5 and -5 that is feeding the Chips.

RJ
RJ

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 03:00:12 PM »

OK,
           The 3 caps  on the output for the 12vdc +5vdc and the -5vdc were definetly bad. They were replaced.

I ran 4 clip leads into the board and I am reading +5 , 12 and -5 off of the power supplies.

The same display still showes up.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

RJ
midas touch

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 01:44:42 AM »

I know its been awhile since this was posted...But you said you used 4 clip leads on the board....Can you explain how you did this and what voltages you were using, Have any luck with the board?

I have "THE MIDAS TOUCH". Every thing I touch turns into a muffler....
RJ

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 03:10:12 AM »

I used the clip leads that have the small hook on the end. I clipped on were I could read each of the voltages and one for ground. This allowed me to plug the board in and read all of the voltages off the board. Changing the caps made a big difference in the voltages ....but did not fix the board.

I am still open to suggestions on how to fix my poker board.

RJ
badbaud
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 01:36:48 AM »

Call Larry at 702-363-9998 and arrange to have it shipped. I have worked on this problem before in our shop and it can be one of 6 different IC's, best to put it on the tester and do a proper diagnostics.

You could remove all socketed chips and clean their legs with a pink eraser. If that doesn't help the board definitely needs more exploring.
RJ

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 02:33:29 AM »

Update: Called Larry. Sent him the board and he turned it around in 2 days.

Works perfect.

Now all I have to do is find an Audio Board for this Machine. The ribbon cable from the main board is there.

No Speaker, no Speaker wires.

Thanks Again for the lead.

RJ
badbaud

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 03:37:19 AM »

Ya, I didn't have much trouble with that one.

For some reason I have been getting a rash of Fortune I boards in for repair lately.

Guess the word has been getting around.

We do have some spare sound boards in the shop, why don't you call Larry and see if he will sell you one.

I had built a tester just for the sound boards and put away some fixed/working ones about a year ago.

Let Larry know if you need a ribbon cable, I can make one up for you.

I will also include a wiring diagram so you can add the speaker and 120VAC connections.

The board mounts under the monitor shelf in a very awkward way so you may have to elevate the machine to get it mounted on the 4 studs.
badbaud

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 03:38:38 AM »

The speaker mounts on the door's upper fluorescent bracket.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.