Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:21:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  ? Bally Circus Slot Machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ? Bally Circus Slot Machine  (Read 7540 times)
Talos
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: December 15, 2012, 01:58:10 PM »

What is a far price to pay for this machine if the glass in good and the condition is good? Is there anywhere to get literature for this machine (parts, schematic).

Thank You

* ballycircus.jpg (267.1 KB, 1560x2403 - viewed 1071 times.)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 03:38:32 PM »

Cool machine.. How much are they asking and where's it located? Hopefully it's local to you so you wouldn't have to ship it? Different areas of the country bring different prices.. 

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
Talos

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 03:56:05 PM »

Cool machine.. How much are they asking and where's it located? Hopefully it's local to you so you wouldn't have to ship it? Different areas of the country bring different prices.. 

Gary

Gary
That's whey I'm asking  this forum for a pricing guideline, because I have an chance to make an offer for this machine.
cp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 04:43:30 PM »

If you're wanting to make a "steal"  on the machine:   $250.  If you are offering a "collector"  value:  $500 to $1000.  If the machine is nice, good glass,  nice formica, plays and pays correctly.

Note:  Bally came out with a  couple versions of the Circus....  U.S.  and I've also seen a Foreign version.  ...with foreign language on the silkscreen glass.  I believe the "play"  is about the same, but the payouts may be  slightly different than the  US  version. 

(If the machine you're looking to purchase  is the one you posted pic of, above,  It looks VERY NICE !)  I can't tell if you posted a "stock" photo or not.
Anyway,  if, in fact,  that's the actual machine... you might  pay a premium  for that  "pictured"  machine.   (especially if you want that specific machine) 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 04:48:37 PM by cp » Logged
Talos

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 06:45:52 PM »

The machine is just like the one in the picture. I am going to go pick it up tomorrow. I have not seen it in person but I have all the pics. The only draw back on the machine I was told, was that the hold buttons, do not work when pushed. From the pics I can see that the contacts behind the push buttons and wiring are in place with the solenoids. I'm no expert but this could be a contact issue on one of the relays, a transformer, a fuse or something like that. All the other payout and bonus features are working. The glass is supposed to be original and in excellent condition. I am paying $800. I was trying to see if this is a fare price. This is the one that I do not have for my collection. If I'm not mistaken, a few years back this machine was demanding a lot more money. Any input from the board would be appreciated.
Thanks
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 10:27:13 PM »

I think $800 is good price, I have an EM Monte Carlo and a Double Up and wouldn't take near that that for either "specialty" old Bally

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
mvco
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 01:25:51 PM »

OMG!  One of those was my first slot around 30 years ago, second was a Bally Mustang.  That brings back memorys.  Cool feature with the time tunnel looking device.
I remember mine brought some big bucks at the time when I sold it, around 25 years ago as it is a rare model.
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 12:44:15 PM »

Blue Ridge:

Great advice.  If you come by another Monte Carlo or would like to sell yours PM me please.  My parents have lived in Woodbridge way before all of the building and development there.  As a matter of fact if you have a showroom I would be interested in picking up a machine for them.  I hope to speak to you soon.

Ra
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 07:34:02 AM »

On hold and draw machines there's a relay, back right of the mech, confusingly called the Anti Hold Relay. It needs to be pulled in for the hold to work. With the door open you can operate it by hand to check that the rest of the hold circuits are ok. The operation is that you are allowed to hold if (a) you didn't hold last time and (b) last time wasn't a winner. When the game starts the anti-hold relay drops out through one of the contacts on the left side, then part way through the cycle another contact on the left closes momentarily to pull it in, but this contact is in series with a NC contact on each hold solenoid, so if any reel is held it won't pull in. I believe this happens at about the time the first reel stops. If it pulls in it self-latches, BUT if there's a winner, a contact on the Win relay drops it out again.

Set the game up with no winner, then press the AH relay by hand. If it latches itself in, the fault is in the momentary contact switch or one of the hold solenoid switches. If not, the fault is in the drop-out circuit, either the left hand switch contact or the hopper circuit, or maybe the relay coil is shot. Sorry, I don't have any schematics of a hold and draw machine so I can't tell you the wire colors.
Talos

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 07:34:37 AM »

I have purchased this machine, and have located the problem, that existed. After dismantling it completely, cleaning ever contact correctly, putting every relay back in step, testing every coil. My problem was a cold solder on the female plug to the reel mech. connection on the back wall. Another words a wire had broken off of this plug and came loose. This board has been great. The people on this board contribute in a positive fashion. Even though I do not have a lot of experience with slot machines. I do have a lot of experience with electromechanical and logic circuity in my business. The input of this board has put me in the correct direction and I thank this venue for this. Other boards should pay attention to how this board conducts itself. If any of you need pics of this bally circus or wiring schematics just ask.

Thank You
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 12:09:46 PM »

Congratulations on your purchase and your repair.  Enjoy your Circus.  I hear they are really fun machines.

Ra
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.