Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 08:30:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Sizzling 7s 61 error question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Sizzling 7s 61 error question  (Read 2722 times)
xpoc454
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: February 12, 2013, 01:12:50 AM »

I have a Sizzling 7s S+ machine that I have decided to focus on of three I received from an Uncle who has passed away recently.
I decided to replace all 3 batteries when I got them because the Sizzling 7s was giving a 61 error and the other two have 12 error.  I know they had sit for at least 7 years.
When adding the sizzling 7s original board back in I now get no error codes.  When I switch out the double diamond board into it, I now get a 61 error.

I used the process of clearing 61 mentioned in the above link. 
This is what I do, just to make clear:
Machine starts at 61
I push the reset key that is right next to the on/off button for 5 seconds.
Close door and make sure its all the way closed with latch all the way down.
Turn key on side of machine, which is a normal key and not a cylider key one time.
All I see now is the coins played light flashing 0 and 1.
The lights above the slot machine are as follows
Lower yellow is flashing fast upper white flashing low.
Ive done this technique multiple times and I never get the bell sound when I push the reset button (not sure if that is critical)

Is this at the point where I need to think about a clear chip? This machine does have a bill validator but the machine is currently on tokens and the validator is not connected.
Is there anything else I can do before ordering a clear chip?
I have read about clearing the cmos chip by pulling it and grounding it on metal than reinstalling it.
Also I have read about using another chip from another machine to clear than replacing it.

Are any of these of options applicable for my situation?
Below is some of the information from my 3 machines. I am trying to get at least one working from the 3.

I have 1 Double Diamond Date 2/1990
I have one Wild Cherry Date 4/1994
I have one Sizzling 7 Date 5/1993

Chips on each  board are the follows:
Double Diamond     Reel SS3442    GameProm SP731
Wild Cherry            Reel SS712      GameProm SP731
Sizzling 7                Chips have no stickers on them

I am sure I have forgot some information. Please be patient, its my first 3 slot machines.

jim
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 08:54:50 PM »

This is what I do, just to make clear:
Machine starts at 61
I push the reset key that is right next to the on/off button for 5 seconds.
Close door and make sure its all the way closed with latch all the way down.

Oops, stop right there.  Does the 61 message change to 61-1 after you press and hold the self test button (located next to the power switch) for a few seconds?  If it doesn't, you'll never get the error clear by continuing, and we'll likely have you try a clear chip at that point.  (You could also check the self test switch and its wiring to make sure the switch is actually working.)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
xpoc454
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 10:40:06 PM »

Yep all three of my beat up hand me down slots had major issues. I bought the clear chip this week and started on the sizzling 7s machine.  It was working very good (other than the pull handle was able to be pulled anymore) until I won.
Then it tried to pay out through the hopper and got an error. But that is another topic I have on here. Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.