Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:17:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Run for Your Money - NO SOUND :(
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Run for Your Money - NO SOUND :(  (Read 3227 times)
Roninva
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« on: February 17, 2013, 08:10:01 PM »

OK, I have a Run For Your Money game. Sound works on regular game play but not on the bonus round. I have had if for a year now and the bonus game did make sound 2 times in the year. I have taken the machine completely apart and cleaned it and it didn't fix it at all. I have turned every volume knob I can and don't get what is wrong. There is a board that says it is sound. Is there a way to find a replacement? Or a way to test it?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 08:58:28 PM »

The bonus game sound is controlled by the Barcrest module in the topbox.  I know there's a sound test button somewhere on the module -- no idea what to clean or fix in that module, though, for no sound.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
dale
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 10:43:38 PM »

If your Bonus round did work make sure your coin tray seats properly. The MPU4 has the sound control in the Game Frame in the Top Box. I can't remember off hand in RFYM is an MPU5, If so the sound control is in the menu.
Roninva

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:36:12 AM »

I cleaned everything with circuit board cleaner. It was all quite dusty.

As far as the coin tray speaker, Yes, it is connected and seems to be ok. The bonus round works properly, just no sound at all, so you have to look at the reels to see you got it to activate it.
dale
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 01:16:01 AM »

Is it an MPU4 ( a white game frame is attached to the MPU4) or an MPU5 ( Power supply may be behind the reels) ?
Roninva

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 01:16:40 AM »

MPU4
dale
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 01:22:49 AM »

Here you go.

On the white game frame on the very button there is a volume potentiameter, use a small screwdriver to turn it. It is very hard to get to. If that doesn't help then try this.

Zero credits on machine
White test button to 2-1 0r 2-0 (whatever you set it at)
Reset key to 58, use spin button to sound level, with 1 being the lowest and 5 the highest
Reset key to 59, use spin button to at least 1
Push white test button to save options

Try this and let me know

Roninva

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 12:02:22 PM »

Here are the pictures I see that say anything about a test button. The reset key is confusing me. It doesn't seem to give me options. Is it supposed to turn 2 directions? One of the games I have does that, this one isn't it. When I have the credits at zero, I hit the reset button and it changes the display on the bonus payout number in the top box. The reset key only scrolls through the credits and payout display 1-9 and then all 9999's and back to 1.

I don't understand what to do. Since you aren't my mom, you will likely have more patience wit me, hopefully!

* 2013-02-17_22-56-27_707.jpg (585.5 KB, 2592x1458 - viewed 319 times.)

* 2013-02-17_22-56-21_328.jpg (652.04 KB, 2592x1458 - viewed 287 times.)
dale
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 12:45:47 PM »

The white box in the bottom corner towards you  or the front,  has a recessed hole with a dial in it, hard to reach but you can CAREFULLY move the dial to increase or decrease the sound.TRY THIS FIRST! ( its to the left of the black test buttons.

BTW, I'm closer to your daddy.....

Actually the best thing to do this if you are in the bonus game, you can adjust the sound while the bonus game is running. Adjust, shut the main door and so on.... You do not need to shut the power off.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:02:27 PM by dale » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.