Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:30:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  what are the differences in the main computer boards?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what are the differences in the main computer boards?  (Read 3414 times)
startek2
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 18, 2013, 06:24:03 PM »

Hello gurus,

i am resurrecting a game called "Wurlitzer".  I was having all sorts of problems but my question has to do with the main board that is installed.  It does not have a volume control thumbwheel or a dip switch bank like all the other S+ games i have.  There also is an opto LED switch on the back of the hopper near the plug, i assume to make sure the hopper is properly seated.  the SP chip is SP1019.  I would assume that this is an update of some kind.  the model number of the cabinet is : B4936CF1W

What i have done is i put the reel chip in an older board( one with the thumbwheel pot) and i put in the SP1137 montana chip and the game works great with a mechanical coin mech but will not work with the electronic mech.....curious as all the other games require the electronic mech with a montana chip.......so can someone please give me a history leson on the origins and use of this board?   here are some numbers from the board:

p/n 75511503 rev A, assy 7550570, 59722000 rev A (and 21 written by hand)

i am worried if i downgrade this board although it seems to work great what else did this kit come with and what do i need to remove from theis cabinet in order to put it into another game?  thanks for your time yall!!
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 07:54:26 PM »

Hello gurus,

i am resurrecting a game called "Wurlitzer".  I was having all sorts of problems but my question has to do with the main board that is installed.  It does not have a volume control thumbwheel or a dip switch bank like all the other S+ games i have.  There also is an opto LED switch on the back of the hopper near the plug, i assume to make sure the hopper is properly seated.  the SP chip is SP1019.  I would assume that this is an update of some kind.  the model number of the cabinet is : B4936CF1W

What i have done is i put the reel chip in an older board( one with the thumbwheel pot) and i put in the SP1137 montana chip and the game works great with a mechanical coin mech but will not work with the electronic mech.....curious as all the other games require the electronic mech with a montana chip.......so can someone please give me a history leson on the origins and use of this board?   here are some numbers from the board:

p/n 75511503 rev A, assy 7550570, 59722000 rev A (and 21 written by hand)

i am worried if i downgrade this board although it seems to work great what else did this kit come with and what do i need to remove from theis cabinet in order to put it into another game?  thanks for your time yall!!

The one with no volume control is a 16mhz board and requires a 16mhz SP game chip. The 10mhz chip will not work. The same SS reel chip can be used.
startek2

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 08:12:49 PM »

ok then i am assuming this is not the original board that was installed so does anyone remember the procedure to upgrade your game to a 16mhz board? i bet this opto on the hopper is one modification but are there any other mods that were done?  in the end i want to be able to put this board in an unmodified game......also i noticed the game proms have a green label where as a similar game is pink label....also i have a s+ slot with 5 payout possibilities, is it solely the program chip that enables enables this or is there a modification i need to do, as i stole the board out of it to get this one working, and it is not a 16mhz board?
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 08:21:41 PM »

ok then i am assuming this is not the original board that was installed so does anyone remember the procedure to upgrade your game to a 16mhz board? i bet this opto on the hopper is one modification but are there any other mods that were done?  in the end i want to be able to put this board in an unmodified game......also i noticed the game proms have a green label where as a similar game is pink label....also i have a s+ slot with 5 payout possibilities, is it solely the program chip that enables enables this or is there a modification i need to do, as i stole the board out of it to get this one working, and it is not a 16mhz board?

no modifications required, just a 16 mhz board and chip or a 10 mhz board and chip. Both are interchanable. You need the correct SP chip on each.
startek2

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 08:38:45 PM »

ahh ok then.....after further research i notice that the opto on the back of the hopper is not even connected so i guess this option on the hopper (the only one i have seen) is not required......i have a sneaky feeling someone just threw boards in these games (we bought 20 from a warehouse).....will the regular s+ clear chip i have work on a 16mhz board ??? also can you suggest a 'montana' chip version that would work on a 16mhz board as clearly the SP1137 will not work....
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 08:49:58 PM »

ahh ok then.....after further research i notice that the opto on the back of the hopper is not even connected so i guess this option on the hopper (the only one i have seen) is not required......i have a sneaky feeling someone just threw boards in these games (we bought 20 from a warehouse).....will the regular s+ clear chip i have work on a 16mhz board ??? also can you suggest a 'montana' chip version that would work on a 16mhz board as clearly the SP1137 will not work....
The clear is the same, I will look for the proper montana chip and get back to you
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 09:17:51 PM »

I do not have a listing for a 16mhz SP chip that supports montana credits. no
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.