Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:20:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  WMS WILLIAMS. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  BB1 - System lockup with non-volatile ram fault - rngMgrData
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BB1 - System lockup with non-volatile ram fault - rngMgrData  (Read 2991 times)
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 119

« on: March 17, 2013, 05:00:56 PM »

Sometimes i get this error when it initially boots up and switches from the "linux" booting to the blue WMS screen (where it's supposed to start loading the game).. System freezes, "call attendent", turn key to see the "rngMgrData" error, only option is to restart.

Sometimes i get this error when it's at the blue WMS screen and the game is in the middle of loading (could be at 20% loaded, 80%, 99% etc...)

Sometimes i get this error when i play a couple of spins; then in the middle of the spin Bam; Call Attendent with that same error.

Wondering if anyone has had this exact error before; trying to determine if it's a board problem (CPU-NXT 512mb) or a game card problem..

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:39:20 AM by teamclark4 » Logged
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 07:59:14 PM »

Found a short in the LED topper; once i unplugged it from the top box i was not getting the system error anymore.  Just rebooted 5 times in a row without an issue; so it looks like that was it.  applause
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 04:08:24 PM »

Looks like it was only a coincidence that the machine started behaving after i unplugged the shorting led topper.  hissy fit

Now it's throwing the error again today.. Will try swapping game/os cards with another one to rule that out; just need to get my hands on one.
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »

Ended up exchanging out the nxt board and no more errors..  So that part is good. But wasn't able to pinpoint exactly what part of the board was the problem (512mb memory, bios chip etc..) before i exchanged it. Would have been good to know for future reference.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.