Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:29:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Aristocrat Video Gaming Machines
| | |-+  Running QLD game chips in NSW mk6/xcite machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Running QLD game chips in NSW mk6/xcite machine  (Read 6369 times)
punker
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: December 08, 2011, 05:25:11 AM »

Hi
I am wondering what do you have to do to use QLD gamechips in a machine setup for NSW software in a MK6/XCITE machine?
The QLD machines don't use the same coms board do they? how do they differ? can you just bung the NSW coms board?

anyway thanks.
t4799

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:38:48 AM »

I have a feeling that the Queensland machines require Q-com which needs to be connected during play, however I have never tried the Queensland mark 6 games. The mark 5 games lock up too. Unless your game is rare, it is probably best to find a US or NSW version of your game. Hopefully someone with knowledge of the Queensland system will reply shortly.
punker

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 06:00:48 AM »

what type of coms board do they use in QLD? IS THE Q-COM just like NSW CMS? can it be bunged to think its connected?

Thanks
palindrome

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 10:41:25 AM »

Aristocrat developed a Q-Com emulator which runs under a dos window and will allow you to configure the EGM. The problem is getting your hands on it.
SS308
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 08:08:32 PM »

Hi mate,

There is a QCOM bypass which all the New Zealand people use, You will have to make up a small unit to run it pretty basic but this will allow QLD & NZ games to run,
Also you can't use the Comms PCB as not required. Will send the doc over the weekend for you.
reg

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 04:31:03 AM »

Hi find4uto can you send a copy to me as well

Cheers,
SS308
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 01:30:00 AM »

PM me with email & I'll send it on to ya..
Reelgames

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 08:25:35 PM »

I use the Qcom bypass all the time with NZ versions of Aristocrat games but it has never worked for me on Qld ones.  Admittedly, I have not tried to hard on too many games.  Some other possible spanners in the works are the fact that Qld games do not use hard meters.  NSW ones so.  Qld do not use LAB Comms board,  NSW do.  Obvious question would be "Why would you run crippled Qld games on your machine?"
DKM
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 09:25:13 AM »

Because I was given some qld game chips.
migglesnz1

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 05:37:42 AM »

do you still have the qcom bypass?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.