Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:00:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Key 22 not working - getting red screen
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Key 22 not working - getting red screen  (Read 4625 times)
jrookstool
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« on: March 19, 2013, 12:21:40 AM »

I am new to this forum and to working on Game Kings. I recently purchased 2 slant top multi games.  Software version 4.x ( I think).  They both have games I do not want and the wrong denom.  The company I purchased them from has sent me a KEY22 eeprom and the procedures to make the changes.  I am not new to computers and have been around since PC's actually used EEPROMS as ram.

I removed the base chip and replaced it with the KEY22 and turned the machine back on. Screen is a red/orange color with no text.

Any Ideas?
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:02:16 AM »

Does your key chip do the same thing with your second machine? If it does then I would have to believe there is a problem with it..

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
zarobhr
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 178

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:20:41 AM »

Does your key chip do the same thing with your second machine? If it does then I would have to believe there is a problem with it..

Gary
older gameking software doesnt neccesarily have a menu.

when you but the key chip in and power on look and see if only 2 lights remain lit on the MPU if so then power off replace base and power back on without closng door.  you then should get into keychip mode

if the 2 lights dont light then there may be an issue, make sure you are not insertng the keychip backwards
jrookstool
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 07:18:22 PM »

Talked with tech support today. They said the wrong keychip was sent for my board. A replacement will be sent today.   

BTW..   What board is this and what can be done with it?

* 20130318_131943web.jpg (157.26 KB, 672x504 - viewed 251 times.)
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 07:24:57 PM »

looks like an 044 with a legacy adapter board to me.  check the part number as shown in the pic.

Thanks,
Wayne

* 20130318_131943web.jpg (100.1 KB, 672x504 - viewed 220 times.)

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
jrookstool
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 07:31:50 PM »

Copyright 2003 by IGT
Assy NO. 7570410
jrookstool
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »

This has been a very educational week. I received the new keychip. It is a key028 for the 044 . Wrong chip did cause the problem with the red screen. Now if I can just get past the "press and hold test switch for 2-3 seconds" I will have it made. Looks like the reset button on the board does not work. It does not even spring out....   Ohm meter shows continuity on 2 of 3 pins all the time (Middle and bottom) and open on middle and top all of the time - button pressed and released...   

Thanks for the help...
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 09:57:19 PM »

This has been a very educational week. I received the new keychip. It is a key028 for the 044 . Wrong chip did cause the problem with the red screen. Now if I can just get past the "press and hold test switch for 2-3 seconds" I will have it made. Looks like the reset button on the board does not work. It does not even spring out....   Ohm meter shows continuity on 2 of 3 pins all the time (Middle and bottom) and open on middle and top all of the time - button pressed and released...   

Thanks for the help...

I don't know who this tech support is giving you info... But KEY 28 is NOT the correct Keychip you need for your setup you have pictured, I can't believe someone sold you the game and is not sending you correct item, while KEY 28 is correct if you had a Flash Memory Board the fact is that you have a Legacy Adapter with Older GK software and need a Different Keychip

While you may have a test switch issue on the board, you are going nowhere with the Keychip you have

We would be glad to supply you with correct Keychip and even a test switch if you want to get machine up and not fool with the seller

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
jrookstool
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 11:37:42 PM »

Keychip28 worked on the twin machine. It is operational and being played at this time.
What is the correct keychip for this machine/board?
What can be done to repair the test switch?  It is made to the board...
jrookstool
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 01:18:42 AM »

what is the most current version of software that will run on this machine.....??

I appreciate all of your help...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.