Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:19:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  I Game dead monitor black screen
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Game dead monitor black screen  (Read 5900 times)
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« on: March 31, 2013, 02:16:14 AM »

I have 9 yr old Kortek CRT  17" monitor in My moms I game that is currently playing Alien . The game worked the day before . Today the monitor is just black . I swapped out a  CRT monitor that was working in a different machine to the game that was black and it works . SO the monitor is dead or needs SOMETHING . Any ideas where to start as this is the first I GAME failure i have had Do i fix or replace the monitor and if i replace what with ??? and How much ?? Thanks as always  P.B. 

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 02:32:07 AM »

I HATE monitors...actually, I'm scared to death of them (and my dads a master electrician, go figure, but anyway), but aren't capacitors a major source of failure in monitors? Did you inspect for any bulging/puffy caps? Again, I'm not a monitor guru, but that's where I would start...and, of course, check the fuse on the monitor board,,.

But be careful, because I DO know, they will BITE!!!

PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 11:34:04 AM »

I HATE monitors...actually, I'm scared to death of them (and my dads a master electrician, go figure, but anyway), but aren't capacitors a major source of failure in monitors? Did you inspect for any bulging/puffy caps? Again, I'm not a monitor guru, but that's where I would start...and, of course, check the fuse on the monitor board,,.

But be careful, because I DO know, they will BITE!!!

Thanks for the reply . Where is this fuse located ? There is a red light that is on in a board on the right hand side  I think it is the touch screen board but i do not know for sure .  ??? P.B.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 12:08:54 PM »

The fuse will be in the general area of where the power plug goes to the board. You can check the power plug with ameter while the game is turned on to see if it's working also.
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 12:17:01 PM »

The fuse will be in the general area of where the power plug goes to the board. You can check the power plug with ameter while the game is turned on to see if it's working also.
I know there is power at the plug in the cabnet because the swapped out monitor worked . I cant see any bulging caps . Is this 110/120v to the monitor or 13v / 25v ?  thanks . P.B.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 12:45:54 PM »

Haven't ever worked on video slots, but if it's 120 there'll be one fuse and if they did the reduction on the power supply there'll likely be a fuse for each different voltage feeding the board. I worked on tv's so it was 120 through a voltage regulator and only one fuse.
turniphead
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 45

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »

ttth PB be careful on the crt board, even with the monitor out of the game and off for hours or days that tube will hold enough of a charge to "remind" you that it's there!  yes cowboy if you've worked on tv's then you can definitely help with PB's problem; very similar in functionality. PB the suggestion from CV was good; probably caps; especially if the machine is turned on & off between playing sessions. caps don't like to get to operating temp then cool completely too often;  lightning bolt lightning bolt shortens their lives. is this a Kortek 1791 model? i know a guy who has fixed hundreds of slot monitors and has hella info on many models from the 90's until the LCD phase began.  applause  if you don't want to bother with fixing the crt you could probably get a LCD kit for under $500 nowadays. if you can get more info from the monitor itself, make/model, any noises when given power, etc. i'm sure someone can help you troubleshoot it!  Help  little bit of solder, a few caps and some time and you can probably have an easy fix!!

forgot: it's almost definitely 110vac & there should be a fuse near the input as cowboy said!! and i think you are looking at the t/s controller PB
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 03:10:20 PM »

ttth PB be careful on the crt board, even with the monitor out of the game and off for hours or days that tube will hold enough of a charge to "remind" you that it's there!  yes cowboy if you've worked on tv's then you can definitely help with PB's problem; very similar in functionality. PB the suggestion from CV was good; probably caps; especially if the machine is turned on & off between playing sessions. caps don't like to get to operating temp then cool completely too often;  lightning bolt lightning bolt shortens their lives. is this a Kortek 1791 model? i know a guy who has fixed hundreds of slot monitors and has hella info on many models from the 90's until the LCD phase began.  applause  if you don't want to bother with fixing the crt you could probably get a LCD kit for under $500 nowadays. if you can get more info from the monitor itself, make/model, any noises when given power, etc. i'm sure someone can help you troubleshoot it!  Help  little bit of solder, a few caps and some time and you can probably have an easy fix!!

forgot: it's almost definitely 110vac & there should be a fuse near the input as cowboy said!! and i think you are looking at the t/s controller PB
THANKS  turniphead  . I will get mod# and pics of unit . I will look for fuse  also . Machine does get turned on in morning and off at night almost daily .  Hope it is just a fuse but i also buy lottery tickets ( ALWAYS A DREAMER )  P.B.     K+ to all that have tried to help

PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 01:20:50 AM »

OK . I checked the fuse and it is good . The screen is black makes no sound just does nothing . I can see a red light in the touch screen board . what is the next step ?? If i need a new monitor sell me one if you think it is fixable i will give it a try  . I know the problem follows the monitor  as switching proved that . Is the monitor measured diagonal ? If so it is a 17 "  Thanks P.B.

Belbtech
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 09:18:24 AM »

The first place I'd check is the H.O.T. (Horizontal Output Transistor), you can check it with a decent multimeter, put the multimeter on the diode setting...if it is bad it will usually be internally shorted across all three legs...if that checks OK inspect the flyback transformer for cracks.
BTW, as long as the monitor is powered off you shouldn't have to worry about getting bit (shocked)...under the second anode cap is where the potential is greatest...
Anyway, I hope this has helped...good luck...

God bless,
Mike><>

For God so loved the world...John 3:16!
Stacie

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 06:16:01 PM »

Can anyone help me? I replaced my battery and all is good with that! But the monitor is blurry! It was like that before battery was replaced! The games all work fine! Looks like I have real bad eyesite without my eye glasses 👀 thanks for any help
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 06:26:42 PM »

There's a focus adjustment on the CRT control board, but it is going to be a temporary fix.  I don't know which brand CRT your machine has.  Usually when your monitor begins the blurry cycle, it's time to redo some caps, get a new CRT or go LCD.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Stacie

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 06:51:20 PM »

Thanks! I'm lost ! Was hoping for easy fix! Guess I better see if I can find someone around here in our area to look at it😟I was really hoping the battery replacement would fix everything😕does anyone no of a place or person around Waco Texas that makes house calls?
azgamingslots
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 08:56:20 PM »

contact kortek and see if they have a chassis refurbish program,   -they are your best chance, -if not they may be able to set you up with an LCD drop in for a decent price,,  i had a game king a while aback with a 17" kortek LCD touchscreen,  -looked good.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.