Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:35:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  No sound for Lobstermania
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No sound for Lobstermania  (Read 2533 times)
mark1120
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 65

« on: May 13, 2013, 12:57:20 AM »

I recently bought "Lobstermania" from a vendor and the game is not making any sound.  I’ve had problems with software from this vendor and am wondering if the board I received has the proper eproms and cards.  I’ve communicated the lack of sound to the vendor but have been unable to get a response in over a month.

The base eprom has a handwritten "Base 749" sticker.

The game eproms have handwritten "Game 2 1027" and "Game 1 1027" stickers.

The card closest to the base eprom is SNDF….DSS00137. The middle card is PXLF....2 of 2.....C0000598. The card furthest from the base eprom is PXLF3....2 of 2....C0001099

The horizontal card is SNDF….DSS00137.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why I’m not getting any sound?  I apologize for setting the camera down near the end of this brief video so that I can pull up the menu and show that the volume settings were not set to low or mute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb80j6Doe4I

Thanks for your help!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 01:39:45 AM »

Mark  No help here, you have a BIG mess. Now I'm not going to say the set I have is the only one made, cause I don't know. That said the set I have has the same base chip and game chips you have. BUT it also has (1) CGF simm (3) PXL simms, and (1) sound simm. I have about 95 I games and I have never seen a game that the CGF simm and the PXL simms  have a different number. Now this is what I have.  Base eprom I0000749
                                                            Game eprom (2) G0001027
                                                            CGF simm C0000711
                                                            PLF simm  (3) C0000711
                                                            Sound simm DSS00138

I'm assuming you have a 3902 board. If so the DSS (sound ) simm goes on a MM II sound board, the same sound board that goes on a S 2000. The CGF simm is a little larger than a sound/PXL simm and lays flat directly below the MM II sound board. PXL simms stand upright located between the Base eprom and the two  Game eproms.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 01:56:24 AM »

I just did a little bit more research and C0000598 is suppose to be for Buffet Mania   Scratch Head Scratch Head

From what you posted I"m trying to figure out how this game is even working.  Maybe, just maybe the seller programed the correct files on used simms and didn't make new labels.

mark1120
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 65

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 02:25:39 AM »

Buzz, thanks for taking the time to post some replies.  Attached is a picture of the 3 cards that were installed on this board.  I suppose its always possible he copied other files onto these cards.  I worry I may have a big mess as you suggest.  I paid for 12 games in late March, have received 7 to date in 3 separate shipments, and have had issues like this with all but 2 of them. 

* Lobstermania cards.jpg (1288.75 KB, 1920x2560 - viewed 231 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 02:53:36 AM »

Mark I was just reading your thread on Price Check and The numbers you posted the game would never play. The way simms are numbered the CGF is 1 of ?, then next would be PXL3      2 of ?, PXL4  3 of ? and PXL5 4 of 4. Some games only use one PXL simm so CGF is 1 of 2 and the PXL simm will be 2 of 2

Mark I've got a hunch that you haven't found the CGF simm, you have to remove the sound board in order to see it.

If you want send me the game set and I can  Naa scratch that your game sets are all OK because the game plays, I can send you sound simms for the three game that's screwing with you and see if they make a difference.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.