Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:49:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  "Non Reversible Hopper Installed" Error Message??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Non Reversible Hopper Installed" Error Message??  (Read 5832 times)
markhart
Contributing Gold NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

Collecting Antique Slots Since 1969

« on: May 28, 2013, 01:28:36 PM »

I have a Tabasco game that I have owned for a few weeks.  Someone hit the cash out button (only 1 credit) and the machine has the "Hopper Empty Call Attendant" message.  There were coins in the hopper.  I did the Hopper Test and I got the message "Non Reversible Hopper Installed  Hopper Motion Detection Not Configured  Tilt Status Empty"   Any suggestions on how to configure the hopper motion detection?  Also, what Keychip Version does this machine use to clear errors?  Thanks!

* photo.JPG (51.47 KB, 508x422 - viewed 246 times.)

Antique Slot Machine Collector Since 1969
markhart

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 09:06:04 PM »

I pulled the MPU board out and reversed the RAM chips andthe game came back to life ith a max bet of 60.  I'll need to get a Keychip to reset the maxbet feature.  I have not hit the Cashout button yet until I understand the hopper motion detection message.

markhart

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 02:26:00 AM »

I got the settings restored with the use of the clear chip, however I still can't get the hopper to pay out.  I have it loaded with coins and I have the hopper enabled in settings, but it does not even try to turn,even when doing a hopper test.  I am still getting the message "NON REVERSIBLE HOPPER INSTALLED"  "HOPPER MOTION DETECTOR NOT CONFIGURED" "TILT STATUS EMPTY".   I did enter the number of coins into the on-screen display when I did the hopper fill. Can anyone tell me how to configure the hopper motion detector?  Thanks!

CVslots
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 01:47:34 PM »

In the Hopper test, it displays the settings of the hopper. Is it possible the "errors" are actually TRUE?

Menu 2.3.7 Hopper Test (Operator Menu Only) Use the Hopper Test option to test hopper function and to ensure accurate reporting of hopper statistical information. This test causes the hopper to pay out 10 coins, [determines whether the installed hopper is reversible, and whether the software is configured for a motion-detector-type hopper.

Use the following steps to run the hopper test.
1. Press the [HOPPER TEST] button on the touchscreen video monitor.
2. Turn the Attendant key when prompted.
3. Touch the [START PAY] button on the screen to start the test. If the hopper is functioning properly, it will pay out ten coins. The screen displays the number of coins paid, whether or not the hopper is reversible, and whether or not hopper motion detection is enabled.
4. Press the [STOP] button, if needed, to stop the test before it completes.
Note:This test is disabled if the machine does not have a hopper.

propeller  Also, the hopper info (reversible or non, motion detect or not) can be seen when a Cabinet I/O Test is performed.

My question is: WHERE DID THAT HOPPER COME FROM? Has it ever worked in that machine? It appears as though your software may not be configured for a non-reversible hopper. Do you have any other hoppers you go can try (IGame, S2000)??

OR, try replacing the cabinet I/O (as its possible its near death) to confirm the accuracy of the readings/detections.

-Roslyn

markhart

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 02:20:47 AM »

Thank you for the detailed reply.  When I do the hopper test it is dead and does not move. I took it out and turned the motor and the coins came out so it is not jammed up.  Will a Vision hopper swap with a Game King?  I do have a Vision PINBALL.  I am leaning towards a defective hopper since I have never actually seen this one pay out.

CVslots

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 03:50:29 AM »

Try the hopper from your other game...I believe S2000s have a reversible hopper.

markhart

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 12:14:52 PM »

My Vision hopper looks like the S+ hoppers so I will try and pick up another hopper to swap. It did churn for a second and spit out one coin and went dead again, so I am guessing someone just threw this hopper in to get the machine down the road.

CVslots

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 12:42:46 PM »

You may try going into Caninet I/O test and looking at the settings. Then switch to your Vision hopper and go in and look again. The Caninet I/O test displays the info for the hopper installed (reversible or non, motion detect or not). I Would test that first, instead of go out and buy a hopper, only to end up finding its really the cabinet I/O causing the errors.

markhart

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 03:58:43 PM »

My Vision hopper would not swap with the Game King. The connectors were different.  Here is the screen that I get with the original hopper when checking the cabinet I/O.  Is there a way to tell if a hopper is reversible by looking?  Thanks!

* photo.JPG (61.98 KB, 461x305 - viewed 233 times.)

CVslots

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 05:17:47 PM »

A value of 0 means the input is OFF, a value of 1 means input is ON.

markhart

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 01:26:35 AM »

Meaning I need to switch to a Reversible Hopper, correct?

CVslots

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 02:52:46 AM »

You know, I'm about stumped here. If the hopper spit out a coin then stopped, that would lead me to think that there is some kind of jam or blockage. BUT, you say it spins freely.... Scratch Head

You've already cleared the machine, but the error comes back... Scratch Head

You said the hopper from your Vision does not plug in correctly (different connectors). A Vision is an S2000, but maybe there are 2 different types of S2000 hoppers, one I'm not aware of? We don't do a ton of Vision machines, so it's entirely possible.

For some stupid reason, I was thinking your game was a GameKing, but I see its an S2000 (Tabasco). Perhaps I'm way off course here, but I think it's your I/O board. With the hopper spitting one coin, that tells me it's making connection.

Can you pull the cabinet I/O from your Vision to test it in the Tabasco?

markhart

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 04:25:47 AM »

Update!  I purchased an S2000 5 cent hopper on ebay and slipped it in, now everything is working fine.  It still has the non reversible hopper installed message, but it is paying out like a champ now.  Bad hopper!  applause

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.