Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:09:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  IGT Stand alone Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Mini Photon - What am I doing wrong??? - SOLVED!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mini Photon - What am I doing wrong??? - SOLVED!  (Read 13723 times)
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 147

« on: June 18, 2013, 05:49:06 PM »

Ok, so I bought a mini photon for my IGT S Plus.  No matter what I do, I can only get the decimal point to show up, no numbers.  Here is my setup, followed by my process.  What am I missing?

MACHINE INFO:
-------------------------
IGT S Plus
Triple Diamond 5 coin, 5 line
Game chip SP872
Reel chip SS6994
Progressive plugged into molex in the top box
10 Mhz board with 8 dip switches instead of 7
Dip Switch settings:  1-6 are ON, 7-8 are OFF (as per the progressive sellers instructions)

PROCESS AND SETTINGS:
------------------------------------
- I start with game chip installed and working
- Turn off machine, remove game chip, install set90 chip, replace board and turn back on
- I get a 65-3, followed by a 90.  I turn the jackpot key, 65-3 goes away.  Just left with the 90
- Press spin, it shows a 0 for communication type.  Won't let me change it to a 1 or 2 for miser or sas, so I assume thats ok
- Press spin, it asks for sas address, which I leave at 000
- Press spin, goes to bill pay mode.  I leave this at 0
- Press spin, goes to bill acceptor mode.  I change this to 1 for enabled, but this setting never sticks.  I'll reactivate later with a set15 chip?
- Press spin, goes to country code.  I leave at 37 for USA
- Press Spin, goes to progressive selection.  I change to 3, which is circled on sellers instructions
- Press spin, goes to progressive levels.  I change this to 1, as circled in sellers instructions
- Press Spin, goes to progressive type.  I leave this at 1 for alternating
- Press spin, goes to denomination.  I change this to 25 for a quarter machine
- Press spin, it goes to the standalone progressive mode, and the digits are selectable on the progressive meter
- for 9-1, I change the value to 1000, and press spin
- for 9-2, I change the value to 99,999.99, and press spin
- for 9-3, I change the value to 10.00 for 10 percent, and press spin
- for 9-4, I change the value to 1000, and press spin
- At this point, it goes back to the initial "90" displayed, showing the chip version.  I hit the test button one more time to get a zero in the paid window, then turn off the machine.  So I replace the set chip with the game chip, turn the power on (meter only shows a decimal point at this point), and get a 61 error.  I hold the white test button, wait for the ding and a 61-1 code, close the door and turn the jackpot reset key.  My 61-1 is no cleared and I get a 65-2 error code.  I hold the white test button and it clears.  Game reels turn on their maiden spin and the game is functional... BUT... the progressive meter still just shows the decimal point.

I've searched and read other posts related to this, but the ones I seen they are able to get the meter to at least display the initial amount or something, I can't even get that far.  It's driving me crazy.  What am I doing wrong?  I'd just try it in my S2000 instead and see if that works, but I don't see a connector compatible with that molex, so I don't think that it's compatible.  Am I doing something wrong?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:33:22 PM by angryninjas » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 11:27:37 PM »

Set 90 is not needed do progressive on a SP872
I think it applies to most SP chips with numbers below 1000.

so try going into the 9 settings with the game chip in.

Here is the PSR for the SP872

* SP872.doc (216.5 KB - downloaded 275 times.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:12:19 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 11:19:30 AM »

I hope it's that easy!  Never thought to look there.  I'll give it a try in a little bit and let you know.  Thanks!
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 11:39:43 AM »

Ok, took a look through my section 9 options.  I can get to section 9-1, and when I hit the spin button there, it gives me an alternating "0" and "9" in the credit window, and a 00 in the winner paid window, which I can change to numbers 1-9... but changing those numbers don't seem to get me to where I can set the progressive options.  and does not enable the meter when booting the game back up.  My dip switch 5 is on, so I don't see why these options wouldn't come up.  Turning the jackpot key or hitting the change button doesn't do anything when I'm at the 9-1 menu, so I don't even know how to get to 9-2, 9-3 etc.  It should also be noted that I can't seem to find the 0-31 menu, which tells it what kind of progressive it is.  Shouldn't it appear when I'm hitting the white test button and see 0 in the credit window?  I only have a few options with 0 in the winner paid window and 31 is not one of them... maybe I'm missing how to find it, because I can't even get to 30 (country select), 34 (award options) or any of those sub menus in the 0 section.  I tired turning the jackpot key when I had 0 in the credit window, but couldn't find any of the 31,34,37 options (etc).  I must just be in the wrong place or something.  This is all without the set90 chip.  I can get to these options with a set90, but none of them get me anything but a decimal point on the meter when I put the game chip back in.  What can I do?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 12:21:40 PM by angryninjas » Logged
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 09:23:35 PM »

Anyone?  I can't seem to change the settings once I get to section 9, option 1.  When I hit spin reels on that (which is lit up), it alternates between 9 and 0 in the credit window and has a 00 in the winner paid window.  and there's no way I can find 9-2, 9-3, or 9-4.  I THINK I need to find the option 31 so that I can tell it that its a stand alone progressive attached, but I can't find that anywhere..., but maybe thats because the dip switches override that so it doesn't show, since my dip switch 5 is on, which basically tells it that its got a progressive attached.  I don't know, I can't figure it out, even with the PSR.  The progressive meter just stays at 0000000 through the entire setup menu.  I can get to the options and proper setup sections using my set90 chip, and setup all 4 progressive options which show on the meter, but it only shows the decimal point on the progressive meter after I apply the settings and put the game chip back in.  Very frustrating.  
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 10:06:37 PM »

I can get to the options and proper setup sections using my set90 chip, and setup all 4 progressive options which show on the meter, but it only shows the decimal point on the progressive meter after I apply the settings and put the game chip back in.  Very frustrating.  

It's been a while since I did one of these, but I believe you put in the set 90 chip and then set up the machine after you re-install the game chip.

Anyways here is the PSR for the Set90. I hope this helps

* SET090PSR.doc (16.5 KB - downloaded 186 times.)

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 10:17:34 PM »

I'll give that a shot in the morning.  Before the game chip went in last time, I did do the set90 and specified the settings, so even if that is the case, it technically should have still enabled the options with the game chip, but I'll pop it back in tomorrow and try again.  Thanks for the set90 psr... Already had it, but appreciate the effort.  If I ever get this thing working, I'll make a step-by-step kind of like I did above with my process to save the next guys blood pressure health, lol
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 11:14:40 PM »

Nope, just tried it.  Set all the progressive settings in the set90, swapped in the game chip, cleared my 61-1 and 65-2 errors, went into the game chip settings, and still only have 9-1 in the 9 section.  If I press spin reels, I get a "1" in the credit window and a "00" in the other window.  (Corrected from before).  The 00 I can change using the jackpot reset key to anything between 00 and 99, but I can't figure out what that represents, and the numbers don't change on my progressive.  Still can't figure out how to get to 9-2 or above, as the next menu is alternating 9 and 0 in the credit window, and then the next goes back to the first section.  Grrrrrrr, lol.  Still stuck

I have a different base chip I could try, a haywire kit, but even if it works I really want it with this game.  I have another kit as well, but uses the same base chip as the one I'm having problems with
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 11:24:49 PM »

Proving it out with another game chip would at least tell you it's good equipment and possible. Any chance that game just doesn't support progressive play?
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 11:40:14 PM »

I don't think so, as there are progressive options on the 872 psr.  It's a 5-coin 5-line triple diamond, and the other kit I have with the same base chip is a 3 coin 5x pay, so pretty standard games.  Waiting to hear from the seller again, if I don't hear back by tomorrow afternoon, I'll try swapping in the haywire game and see what happens.  The seller (lemans) basically quit replying to me once there were problems.  Might have to send it back if he can't figure out how to get the setup working for me.  Originally he said just pop in the set90, change 2 settings and flip a dip switch on my motherboard.  Yeah right, lol.  I know every case is unique, but still, he shouldn't stop replying if I have questions.  Been 2 days since I got a response
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 01:31:54 AM »

?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 02:15:44 AM »

As Foster mentioned in the first reply, you do not use a SET90 with your SP chip.

I'm at work right now and short on time, but I can try and walk you through it soon.  In the mean time can you please post the SS chip number that's in your machine so I can verify that your game supports a progressive jackpot?  Thanks.  SS6994 from your first post -- I missed that the first time around.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:00:21 AM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 07:28:22 AM »

For the record, your SS6994 does support a single-level progressive (three Triple Diamond symbols on line 5).

Okay, here's what you need to do.  Again, no SET90 or any other set chip for the progressive, as best as I can tell.  It's been many years since I configured one of these things, but I believe my directions below to be accurate and fairly complete.

- First, make sure there are ZERO credits on the machine.  Play out or cash out any credits that might be on the game.  If there are credits on the machine, you likely will not be able to access the settings you need to access and/or the machine will ignore them.

- Second, turn the power off and remove the MPU board.  You will need to make sure that DIP switch 5 is in the "ON" position (to enable progressives), and that DIP switch 7 is in the "OFF" position (single level progressive, only).

- Put the board back in and turn the machine on.  Once it boots up, press the white Self Test button inside the machine three times.  That should bring you to page zero, option 5 (credit options) (the number 5 should be in the Winner Paid display).  Turn the jackpot reset key on the side of the machine a number of times until option 31 appears in the the Winner Paid display.  

- Press the Spin Reels button until setting 03 appears for option 31.  This should tell the machine that the primary (and only) progressive level is stand-alone (ie. machine generated).

- Press the Self Test button approximately 13 more times until a "9" appears in the Coins Played window (it may alternate with a 1 or a 0).  As you go past the point where "6" appears in the Coins Played window, ensure that the proper denomination ("25", if this is a quarter machine) appears in the Credits window.  (If "9" never displays, ensure that your denomination is properly set.)  With "9" in the Coins Played window, you are now in the  progressive configuration screen.  Option 1 (should be a "1" in the Winner Paid display) is the reset, or "base" amount -- the amount you want the progressive to start at after it is hit.  Option 2 is the maximum progressive amount.  Option 3 is the increment percentage.  Option 4 is the current jackpot amount, which should be a value between the reset and maximum amounts.  Use combinations of the spin reels button, the jackpot reset key, and the Self Test button to alter the settings here, and you'll use the mini photon display to display the numbers you're adjusting.

- Once you have set everything, press the Self Test button a few more times to page through any remaining settings screens until the machine hesitates for a couple of seconds, indicating you have reached the end of the menu system.  Now, close the door and cross your fingers.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
lemans1969
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 113

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 09:12:58 AM »

I don't think so, as there are progressive options on the 872 psr.  It's a 5-coin 5-line triple diamond, and the other kit I have with the same base chip is a 3 coin 5x pay, so pretty standard games.  Waiting to hear from the seller again, if I don't hear back by tomorrow afternoon, I'll try swapping in the haywire game and see what happens.  The seller (lemans) basically quit replying to me once there were problems.  Might have to send it back if he can't figure out how to get the setup working for me.  Originally he said just pop in the set90, change 2 settings and flip a dip switch on my motherboard.  Yeah right, lol.  I know every case is unique, but still, he shouldn't stop replying if I have questions.  Been 2 days since I got a response

I am the seller and it hasn't been 2 days since I responded to your numerous emails. In fact, I sent you 2 emails on June 18th through ebay on this issue and since you just posted this on June 19th, I think you need to do the math. It has been years since I set up one of these units. I am a slot technician and work on slot machines everyday. Unfortunately, I have not worked on an IGT S+ in a couple of years. I have had huge orders at the shop for S2000, I-games, Ballys and Williams Bluebirds and that is what I work on everyday now. So it's not a matter of not wanting to help you. I have tried to give you all the help that I can without personally bringing in a machine and setting it up and telling you how to do it. I would do that, if I had the time, but unfortunately, right now I just don't have the time at the shop. I think it's unfair that I sent you the set eprom, along with the PSR for the set eprom, looked up your dipswitch settings and have answered every single one of your emails to try and help you in setting up this unit, for you to come on NLG and state that I haven't been helpful. As many people know on here, each machine can have it's own personality. Without physically being in front of your machine to see exactly what is plugged in where, what dipswitches are turned on, if you have credits on your machine, etc., we are trying to give you the advise that we have used in the past to tech our machines. When I first set up one of these units, I had NO paperwork at all. I just went in and messed with the settings until I got it working. That was years ago. I haven't set up a unit like this for a couple of years. After working on thousands of machines, it's hard to remember every single little detail. I know it has to be something simple. If you want to return the unit, do so. I will refund your money. People know that I do not rip people off. I am a honest hard working person that tries very hard to help people out the best that I can!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 10:36:14 AM »

And has really nice cars   yes
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 10:55:17 AM »

I am the seller and it hasn't been 2 days since I responded to your numerous emails. In fact, I sent you 2 emails on June 18th through ebay on this issue and since you just posted this on June 19th, I think you need to do the math. It has been years since I set up one of these units. I am a slot technician and work on slot machines everyday. Unfortunately, I have not worked on an IGT S+ in a couple of years. I have had huge orders at the shop for S2000, I-games, Ballys and Williams Bluebirds and that is what I work on everyday now. So it's not a matter of not wanting to help you. I have tried to give you all the help that I can without personally bringing in a machine and setting it up and telling you how to do it. I would do that, if I had the time, but unfortunately, right now I just don't have the time at the shop. I think it's unfair that I sent you the set eprom, along with the PSR for the set eprom, looked up your dipswitch settings and have answered every single one of your emails to try and help you in setting up this unit, for you to come on NLG and state that I haven't been helpful. As many people know on here, each machine can have it's own personality. Without physically being in front of your machine to see exactly what is plugged in where, what dipswitches are turned on, if you have credits on your machine, etc., we are trying to give you the advise that we have used in the past to tech our machines. When I first set up one of these units, I had NO paperwork at all. I just went in and messed with the settings until I got it working. That was years ago. I haven't set up a unit like this for a couple of years. After working on thousands of machines, it's hard to remember every single little detail. I know it has to be something simple. If you want to return the unit, do so. I will refund your money. People know that I do not rip people off. I am a honest hard working person that tries very hard to help people out the best that I can!

Lemans, I didn't mean that the way it sounded.  You were very helpful, and answered my questions.  No disrespect.  It had been two days since I sent you the step-by-step process that I was doing so that we could troubleshoot exactly where I was going wrong, and I have a feeling because of the length of the message that ebay may have been partially at fault and maybe didn't deliver the message.  Thats why I also followed up with you the next day after not hearing back and asked if email would be better, and gave you the thread url here on NLG, thinking maybe ebay didn't deliver the message or it may have been too long to send or something.  I didn't mean for it to come off as an attack or saying that you were trying to rip me off or anything... I know thats not the case just based on the other comments on NLG.  And like I said in the message above, I knbow that every case is unique, so it's just a matter of figuring out what step I'm missing.  I didn't mean I was going to return the unit out of anger or frustration, just if I couldn't get it to work at all I meant that a return would be the last option if we couldn't get it up and running in my machine.  Looking back, I should have worded things different, and I do apologize for how it may have come out or been perceived.  I was just irritated after spending 2 days trying to get the thing working with no luck at all, and you know how it is when a slot isn't cooperating, lol. 

Knagl, thank you for the step by step!  I will try this today and let you know, but I have a feeling you are on the right track because I could never find that option 31 before, but with your instructions I bet that I'll be able to find it now.  I think if that isn't configured, the other options wouldn't show, which may be the problem, as I could only get to the 9-1 menu, but not drill into it far enough to set the progressive numbers with the jackpot key (like I could with the set90), and after 9-1, there were no options for 9-2, 9-3, or 9-4, so I think the option 31 is the key to getting to all this.  I'll give it a shot a little later and let you know.  Mother in law is heading over today, so it will give me an excuse to retreat to the man cave, haha.
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 03:37:14 PM »

Knagle, your step by step worked perfectly.  It was in fact the option 31 that I was missing that enabled the other settings.  Since the set90 chip, and psr with directions for it came with the progressive, I think that added to the confusion, since I didn't need it at all.  All settings in the set90 for the progressive were there, buy my machine wouldn't accept them when I swapped the game chip back in.  Using the game chip alone, I was able to set option 31, and then the section 9 options opened up.  Thanks again for your help!  I owe you a beer if you're ever up in the portland Maine area.  Smiley
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 06:17:33 AM »

No problem, glad it worked for you.

As Foster mentioned earlier, you do need the SET90 (or possibly a different SET chip) for some of the newer SP chips.  The SET90 was working properly in your case, but then the data you were creating was getting wiped out and/or ignored when you re-installed your SP872 since it didn't call for the use of a SET chip to configure the progressive.

Glad it worked out for you.  I'll second that April at Leman's is one of the best in the business.  It's tough for them (or anybody) to support this ancient hardware.  I'm glad my rusty memory and the IGT documentation was enough to get you up and running.

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 10:23:09 AM »

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
Glad it had a happy ending -as far as April -AKA LEMANS etc.  .
she is "THE MOST TALENTED" woman I know in the slot business & muscle car collection  . no offense to other gals

I know April personally she will go above and beyond to help any customer -- & FAST !
I came to this conclusion over 10 years ago of doing business with her on our daily early morning  emails to each other.
long before this forum even existed . she is a  honest asset to this forum .

Rocket

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 03:49:05 PM »

Just thought I would follow up and post pics of it after I got it working, thanks to Knagl's step-by-step help above.  The decal around it is just printed on regular stock, I plan on printing one on laminated vinyl, non-backlit, since the meter itself blocks some of the backlit lighting.  I also have the bar from my mount showing through the blacklit glass panel, which I will have to try to relocate better so that it can't be seen blocking the light.  But, at least the meter in functional, so I can play with the graphics and decals and such as I get time.  I set the progressive increase to 4%, so that way every quarter that is dropped increases the progressive by a penny.  It's a 5 coin machine, so basically the progressive increases by a nickel on every spin.  Thanks again to everyone that helped me get it going, and lemans for providing it at a great price.

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 04:05:14 PM »

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
NOW YOU NEED A DOUBLE DIAMOND 5 LINE WITH PROG TO MATCH ..

you cant beet a 16 inch top cabinet for looks they are the best in my opinion
chop top 9 inches just dont give that super size feeling --but who said size mattered  rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao
nice job thanks for posting the picture ..

Rocket

P.S.
 not to high jack thread --all progressives are great looking --best progressive display to this day on designs is the long over & under on IGT'S ----S+  slant top --
my 2 cents
or again on a 16 inch ---but you dont find to many 16 inch top award glass with long and short windows on the 16 inch top glass.

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 04:52:19 PM »

I agree.  There is a 16" top award glass on eBay right now with both short and long.  It's a RWB glass.  Seems like I seen a blazing sevens on on there in the last week as well, but I think it was a round top.

I have 3 kits for that S Plus... The triple diamond 5 coin, a haywire, and a 5x pay 3 coin.  Couldn't decide which kit to install with the progressive... The haywire drives me nuts with the stock sounds, the 5x pay kit looks the nicest, but the 5 line triple diamond is the most fun to play out if the 3, so I went with that one.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 04:58:43 PM by angryninjas » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 02:30:44 AM »

Looks nice!  If/when you re-do the sticker, you may want to change the wording since the payout on the meter is in dollars and cents, not coins as indicated on your label.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.