Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:43:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E2000 is Paying 1 Extra coin on every jackpot, then Tilts codes 31 (FIXED)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E2000 is Paying 1 Extra coin on every jackpot, then Tilts codes 31 (FIXED)  (Read 2466 times)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« on: July 14, 2013, 03:34:11 AM »

I have a strange problem. I'm working trying to fix a code 31 on a Bally E2000 series. It wants to consistently over pay one coin on any jackpot. I've run test 4 and it only counts 10 coins as it should.. The hopper brakes seems to work fine, and checking the coin switch and roller seems to be adjusted correct, not too low... Those are the only 2 things I can think to check since its not an EM machine..  Scratch Head

Thanks Gary
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:02:14 PM by Amachanic » Logged

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 40

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 07:47:02 AM »

I had the same problem with an E2224 machine. I had a bad coin jam in the hopper wheel, cleared it, and that's when I started having the same, but occasional problem.

Turned out to be the long screw on the hopper star where the roll pin on the drive motor was on the wrong side of it. Somehow, it must have slipped out of position. The wheel would over-travel but was so tight that I didn't spot it. I had almost a full turn of wheel movement without the motor turning.

Once I re-positioned the roll pin in between the stop and that long screw, the problem went away. I think there should be no more than around 1/4 inch over-travel wheel movement. Also, I had to free up the wheel a bit (the top roller was too tight) by loosening the set screw and rotating the offset pin - the one that doubles as the switch lever pivot. Finally, I found one of the screws that holds the gearbox was loose. That is likely what caused the pin to slip out of position.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 08:26:50 AM »

Thanks I'll check those ideas out

Gary

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 02:57:17 PM »

Just a quick follow up to end this thread.. The problem was with the hoppers brake. It seemed ok when checking by hand, but I used a little WD40 to clean up the old stick oil, then wiped off the excess and applied a drop of light weigh machine oil. Now when I hit a jackpot it's paying correctly and no tilt code.   applause

Gary

ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 40

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 03:25:36 PM »

Good to hear the result. I always wondered about those flimsy brakes. Another one for the repair log...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.