Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:17:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  reel regulator mechanism has stripped gear
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: reel regulator mechanism has stripped gear  (Read 4277 times)
scross47
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: August 15, 2013, 10:40:19 PM »

In all my slot repairs I have never seen a stripped gear on the regulator mechanism which slows down the speed at which the reels are indexed (stopped).  Does anyone have an old mechanism for sale?  The regulator is on the left hand side with blades that use air to slow down the reel stopping speed.
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 11:02:42 PM »

here is a complete reel assm. on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALLY-SLOT-MACHINE-COMPLETE-REEL-MECHANISM-ASSEMBLY-/200952995396?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec9bb5e44

One step at a time.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 11:16:09 PM »

In all my slot repairs I have never seen a stripped gear on the regulator mechanism which slows down the speed at which the reels are indexed (stopped).  Does anyone have an old mechanism for sale?  The regulator is on the left hand side with blades that use air to slow down the reel stopping speed.

Hello.. Is this for a Bally slot or something else? Pictures are always helpful to us.

Thanks Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 09:28:29 AM »

think he means the clock?
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 09:13:35 AM »

scross:

Form what I understand that condition IS rare.  My slot mechanic was stumped for a while when on my 1081 Medalist the first reel would index almost immediately on some pulls.  The second reel started to have the same symptoms soon after.  The clock was spinning normally and all of the gears were in place and not rounded off.  

The problem turned out to be that the gears had come free of the shaft alltogether.  Not known if it was spot welded or pressed on.  That part could not be repaired and had to be replaced.  Because everything LOOKED OK it was a hard nut to crack.  My mechanic really knows his stuff.  I don't know what I would do without him.

Ra
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 04:45:48 PM »

Are you talking about the large bull gear, or the small one that the fan itself is attached to?  The bull gear can be rotated 90 degrees when it wears out....
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 04:57:05 PM »

if have clocks - complete - or just the gears.
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 05:15:04 PM »

I have a similar issue with both of my 873's. My 809 works perfect.
What is it that controls the "indexing" speed? I was under the impression it had something to do with the air cylinder on the right side... but mind you, I am a complete rank amateur.
Old Reno, if you haven't already, maybe you could do a topic on this to add to all your other fantastis topics, or reply with the link to the one you've already done.
Thanks, Jim
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.