Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:47:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  A Gremlin Broke My Slot Machine Glass
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Gremlin Broke My Slot Machine Glass  (Read 3817 times)
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« on: August 29, 2013, 10:28:23 PM »

True Story Group...

Saturday Evening I played my triple bar 809 without incident.  Last night I go to turn on the machine and what the hell, my Feature glass is cracked from the bottom right corner all the way through the center of the glass.  No one was in the house besides me and the machine was turned off.  The glass has been in the machine for about 3 years without incident.  When I took the glass out it did not seem that it was mounted too tight or under any stress.

Has this happened to anyone else?  Any thoughts as to why the glass broke?  Does anyone have this glass in nice condition for sale?  My machines are all in above average condition and the crack is killing me.

Ra

* 809 Glass.jpg (180.42 KB, 612x816 - viewed 262 times.)
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 03:00:19 AM »

Earthquake???  Scratch Head Scratch Head that shouldn't have broke the glass though...Heat??? How long was the machine on??  Scratch Head Scratch Head Vodka????

RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 06:33:57 AM »

No earthquake that I am aware of.  Heat?  I would guess that the room temperature was in the low 70's from Saturday when the 809 was last played until Wednesday when I noticed the crack.  With the machine and the lights in the room off the crack was hard to see.  I noticed the long crack as soon as I turned the machine on.  As far as the vodka, I dont even drink. 

I am stumped.  Any leads to find a replacement glass would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

Ra
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 05:56:15 PM »

Age fatigue. When glass is old, it may change molecule wise and the weakest spot is where the crack can happen. Nothing to do with stress or the like.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 09:30:40 PM »

Reho:

How are you?  Long time no chat.  Are you sure that it could not have been an old Gremlin? 

Ra
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 03:04:37 PM »

I am fine and working in Rockland now so maybe we can have coffee sometime if you like. You are in Rockland county, right? No, sometimes glass will break based upon the weakest point, maybe flaws when it was made, impurities in the glass, etc.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 04:03:11 PM »

Absolutely!  PM me and I will give you my phone number and I would love to meet for coffee.  You have quite a commute to Rockland.  The refreshments are on me.

Ra
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.