Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:06:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Can someone please explain the karma?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can someone please explain the karma?  (Read 4007 times)
TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« on: November 03, 2013, 01:12:23 AM »

I'm new around here and I noticed most everyone has a karma rating. Can someone kindly explain what exactly this means?  Scratch Head

az_flag
Styx
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 01:33:37 AM »

If someone likes what you've posted, they can click to increase your karma. If they don't like what you've posted, they can vote down your karma. You wil get to vote on karma once you reach a certain amount of posts.

It's not very important, just a side thing.

-Styx
TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 12:42:49 PM »

Thanks

az_flag
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 07:09:27 PM »

In a nutshell, if you post something that is particularly helpful to another member, it's customary for that member to give you a positive karma.  If you post something that's really out of line, expect to get negative karma.

You cannot give any karma until you've reached 10 posts, so until you post a few more times you won't see an option for it.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 08:27:16 PM »

I'm new to slot ownership so I'm unlikely to be particularly helpful  rotflmao . It would be nice to dish out some positive karma for others though so I'll have to get up to ten posts.

az_flag
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 12:21:38 PM »

Welcome to the addiction. Smiley

You'll get the hang of it soon enough and will be buying more slots, to the point where you'll learn more and more here. We have a great bunch of folks and all the old timers try our best to keep everything civil.

Keep in mind that folks make their best efforts to help and you get more help with sugar than vinegar. The old timers will stop helping and will hit folks with neg karma if they think newbies are being ugly.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 02:20:11 PM »

NLG Welcome TheAirBalancer wave

Now that you're hooked, here are two important facts you'll soon discover.

• Slots are like potato chips: You can't have just one.
  • Don't leave them alone. They multiply in the dark.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 08:56:02 PM »

I bought my first machine about 3 months ago, and bought my second about 3 weeks later....so I know all too well that you can't have just one!  bust gut laughing
I have learned a lot already by reading various topics here, and I made a PayPal donation to the site a few days ago too.

az_flag
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »

In addition, you will find that having at least 2 of the same platform will help you out in the long run for diagnostics and whatnot.  When one breaks down you can see how the other one is working to identify the problem in the machine.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 09:55:05 PM »

I appreciate the advice. I hadn't considered platforms from a trouble-shooting aspect and will certainly keep this in mind.

az_flag
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.