Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:00:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT Fortune II
| | |-+  How do you change the button bulbs?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do you change the button bulbs?  (Read 11196 times)
rslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

I can fix it!

« on: July 26, 2013, 09:43:17 PM »

Working on my first "old" video poker machine and I think it is a fortune II and I don't see how to get to the button bulbs.  Anyone have experience with this?  I have included a picture of the machine and button panel. 

* machine.jpeg (57.71 KB, 240x320 - viewed 813 times.)

* button panel.jpeg (49.3 KB, 320x240 - viewed 775 times.)

Jim
rslots

I can fix it!

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 09:43:55 PM »

Another picture close p of the back of the buttons

* button panel 2.jpeg (47.86 KB, 320x240 - viewed 857 times.)

Jim
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 05:04:22 AM »

Just a guess, but do those round bases of the switches (where the numbers 5 and 6 are) twist?  Perhaps a quarter turn and then it'll come out?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
rslots

I can fix it!

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  I wish that would work but it is a single piece solid unit.

Jim
Tech73
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 08:15:30 PM »

I've never seen one that old but I'll take a guess. Do the plastic lens come off the button? I'm talking about the see through part that has the bet lines/ bet amount under them. Pop one of those off with a knife and use a tool that grabs the bulb without breaking it and pull it out.
rslots

I can fix it!

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 11:44:48 AM »

If I knew for sure that pulling out the lens from the top is the way in, I would do it.   I am afraid of breaking something, but have tried prying off the lens.  Doesn't feel like it wants to come off.  Pulling harder may take it off or break it.  Not sure which so holding off on applying any extra force at the moment.  But appreciate the advice.

Jim
Styx

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 12:54:46 AM »

I'll start off by saying I have no idea.

Those metal looking tabs to the sides seem to be holding on to slots in the button piece. Do they easily pop out? Maybe they are holding the buttons in place? If a few of them look like they've already been moved, it might be a clue. Maybe they serve some other purpose like preventing the quarter turn. Anyway, I'm curious about their purpose in relation to the button.

-Styx
Styx

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 12:56:45 AM »

I'll also add, that all of our oldest machines on the floor, all have the lenses that pop out, as suggested earlier.
rslots

I can fix it!

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 01:22:58 AM »

Thanks for the info.  I am traveling now so will take another look at removing the lenses.

Jim
azgamingslots

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 08:09:40 PM »

the buttons pop out from the top, the bulb is stuck inside the button,  very weird little ridge on bulb.
be careful, you can crack the plastic very easily,  also electrical contact cleaner will melt the black plastic.

you are almost better to just leave them alone when they burn out,

however i have replaced the buttons with standard pe and game king buttons, and #86 lamps,  however it involves lots of tedious work with a meter, soldering iron and wire.
rslots

I can fix it!

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 08:24:25 PM »

Thanks. I had pretty much decided it was better to leave them all alone as they seemed pretty fragile for trying to pry off the top. 

Jim
azgamingslots

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 06:29:22 PM »

somehow i ended up with a bucket of those old used switches when i cleaned out a closed shop.- i saved them cuz i'm sure they are valuable to someone.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.