Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:17:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  The Dealer [Draw Poker - Hi-Lo] Machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dealer [Draw Poker - Hi-Lo] Machine  (Read 5747 times)
tonyj
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: November 24, 2013, 09:14:53 PM »

Hi All.
I just added a nice poker machine to my game room.
The machine is called The Dealer ,It is a Draw Poker - Hi-Lo that was built in 1983.
The manufacturer was ACL [American Communications Laboratories] out of Dover Delaware.
I would like to know if anyone has one of these machines or anyone has a instruction manual or schematic.
Only info i could find was on the website link below.
http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=the-dealer-draw-poker-hi-lo&page=detail&id=21502
Thanks in advance for any info.
Tony

I attached some pics below.

* $_57.JPG (138.43 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 346 times.)

* $_573.JPG (108.77 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 336 times.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:22:58 PM by tonyj » Logged
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 04:23:43 PM »

This will be a tough one to find a manual or schematics for, as they are not real common. The company did not stay in business that long and didnt produce a lot. There were many small slot companies at the time and they were popping up left and right and, unfortunately, disappearing just as quickly as they appeared.

Someone may come up with something for you, but, like I said, it will be tough! Cool cabinet though! Glad to see its up and running!

tonyj

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »

CV,
Thanks for the reply, yea i think your right ,
i cant find much online about the machine. going to be tough getting any info on it.
Luckily the machine is operating pretty well. Every once in a while when i push a button it wont respond immediately.
Probably just needs a cleaning.
what would you recommend to clean the micro switches? compressed air ? or should i try contact cleaner.
Thanks again.
Tony
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 12:17:07 AM »

Tony, I think you're on the right track with compressed air and/or contact cleaner. Dont know air will do much, but its a safer approach. Switches are probably just corroded or worn a bit from age. If you're up for a little task, you might try switching switches (haha) with one of the lesser used buttons, therefore, giving you a "new" old button. Not sure how accessible the buttons are, or how they are out together.

tonyj

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 09:57:59 PM »

CV,
I'll try the air and contact cleaner and see what happens.
I'm not that confident with my soldering skills so i'm not going to play around with the switches unless they stop working completely.
thanks again for the input.
HappyThanksgiving
Tony

travlingtech

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 12:34:11 AM »

Can you post a picture of the CPU board ? It might be a veriation of a different machine. And as far as buttons not working, just replace the switch, preferably with a Cherry brand.

Have tools will travel
tonyj

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 01:09:48 PM »

Tech,
I will post a pic and info on the board. What is a good source for cherry switches?
Thanks for the input.
Tony
lizzo54
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 27

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 01:22:10 PM »

I recently sold a similar machine called Joker Poker, great machine that at one point was setup to dispense tickets.  I'm almost certain it's the same machine just a different chip to change the game and obviously different glass to match the game.  I did have some papers on the machine, let me check tonight after work and ill let you know.  I believe it have dip switch settings, game info, and some schematics but not 100perecnt sure. 
If I do find find it, I'll scan and post the file.

What's your issue with the game?  There's not much to them.

Lenny
tonyj

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 02:36:59 PM »

Hi Lenny,
The machine is fine , other then the push button switches were kinda sticking when i got it.
The board does have 8 dip switches on it that i was wondering about.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.