Bally 873 Payout Issues!

Pages: << < (3/7) > >>

JMac:

Quote from: Amachanic on December 04, 2013, 06:50:26 AM
--
This just looks to be that your stop bumpers worn down. It is adjustable, jam nut on the top, and its a small allen screw.. Loosen the jam nut and extend it out about 1 full turn and tighten, be careful not to over tighten. I have broken them before..  That will move the starting position just a bit forwards. Just make sure the zero switch relay is still opening and closing. This is the rubber bumper that gets sticky not allowing the switch to open I told you about. You can replace them with a pencil eraser.

Gary

--

Gary,

I did look at that and yes, not enough adjustment left on it.  I like the eraser idea, I did try something else last night but it was late and sleep was more important!  I will get with the program here in a little bit and let you know how it went.

I used Photoimpact for the highlights, but Windowz Paint will do it too!!

Again, thanks to all that chimed in!!

JMac:

Quote from: Amachanic on December 04, 2013, 06:50:26 AM
--
This just looks to be that your stop bumpers worn down. It is adjustable, jam nut on the top, and its a small allen screw.. Loosen the jam nut and extend it out about 1 full turn and tighten, be careful not to over tighten. I have broken them before..  That will move the starting position just a bit forwards. Just make sure the zero switch relay is still opening and closing. This is the rubber bumper that gets sticky not allowing the switch to open I told you about. You can replace them with a pencil eraser.

Gary
--

+++++++++++

Gary,

The 873 is now paying out correctly (All lines) on a single cherry through three bells and the sevens.  The only one not correct is the three bar two hundred coin payouts, the count is closer to three hundred coins, I did not count ‘em (.984 tokens), lines 1 - 4, line.
I can live with the payouts as they are but I have some questions about what is normal operation and if not normal, where do I look?.

1  Is it normal for an 873 to payout the sevens jackpot and go dark (That part I know is normal), When pushing the reset bar it pays out again and so on, the only way to get it back to ‘normal’ is to drop a coin in it, or hit the coin switch while holding the reset bar in!?!? Three sevens on line five do not pay anything, just lights the candle and sounds the bell (Forever), one must coin it up to shut it up!?!?

2.  There is a key switch on the side of the machine, is that normal for an 873?  The switch seems to do nothing.

3.  I have come to the conclusion that this 873 started life as something else and someone converted it to an 873, markings on many parts and original tag missing with a stick-on Bally tag stamped 873, no dash, no suffix.

The key to get it working was the hopper ZERO adjustment, I replaced the rubber and adjusted the timing of the zero switch, I used a VOM for the switch, not my old tired eyes, that last part did the trick.

slotsteve:

your 200 pay wiper is bent  you can see it in the pic    easy fix , plus its on a slide and you can move it so its off hot spot at 200

Amachanic:

Hey JMac.. Glad to hear the two coin payouts fixed. I guess those 2 call yesterday helped find and fix the problem. As Slotsteve posted the 200 coin wiper on the lower right corner of the hopper board now needs to be adjusted. That set of contacts is adjusted by loosing the 2 mounting screws, then sliding the contact so they just come off the pad at a 200 coin count. You can adjust it the same way using the meter as you did on the 2 coin payout. Just advance the spiral cam 200 clicks then meter out that set of contacts and tighten the screws. If your machine is timing out before the 200 coin are paid, then you might have to check the safety time adjustment. I've never had to adjust a timer before, but I know it's talked about in the manual.   :259-  On the good job done..

Gary

JMac:

Quote from: slotsteve on December 05, 2013, 06:59:24 PM
--
your 200 pay wiper is bent  you can see it in the pic    easy fix , plus its on a slide and you can move it so its off hot spot at 200

--

Optical illusion/camera angle - The wiper is is as it should be.

After messing with the hopper for some time now, the pay out situation is this; all payouts are correct from single cherry to three bars on all five lines...  Now when three sevens line up, the thing pays 240+ coins.  Whetever is supposed to tell the fool to stop paying is broken or out of adjustment (I suspect the latter).  The spiral cam runs the 'floating mech' until it can go no farther, at that point it has paid 240 plus coins and shuts down.

I thought that I found the contacts that were supposed to stop it but after many adjustments, no change in behaviour at all!

As a side note: Last time I posted it was the bars paying off too much and the sevens payout were right on, thee bars are right on now, 100 coins and the sevens are wacko!! :200-

What am I missing??

Pages: << < (3/7) > >>