Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 01:02:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  I'm stuck on keno screen
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm stuck on keno screen  (Read 9671 times)
skala
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: December 04, 2013, 12:15:00 AM »

I just purchased a game king multi-game touchscreen I'm not sure which model but it was working fine until I went to the keno games. I cant exit the screen except to go to game info and return to game.  At the bottom of the screen it says RESTART it also reads CLOSURE M.  The touch screen works for game info and return to game but it wont allow me to do anything else.  I would like to play my new game please help. Thanks.  The model # is 96451000 if this is any help. Scratch Head
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 02:28:52 AM »

I'll take a stab at your problem based on past experience with several other customers....

Any chance you initiated a bet and did not complete the "game"?  Any chance this is a multi-card Keno game?  If you started a bet...you have to finish picking all your numbers and then let it roll out the winning numbers.  If its a multi-card game you have to flip to each of the cards that you bet (whether you knew you bet them or not) and pick your numbers for each card.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 04:26:13 AM »

Start with the above post for sure.  Try the simple stuff -- press the deal/draw/spin button to see if it's waiting to play a game.  Are any of the buttons lit up?  Will it accept cash or coins?

If the simple stuff doesn't work, your issue sounds somewhat similar to a problem another member had a few years ago with a Neon Nights game.  You can check out that thread here:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=6703.0

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
skala

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 05:41:36 AM »

It was in fact, a multi-player keno game and I very well may have started a bet without finishing my picks.  It is signaling me to pick a card yet it won't allow me to select one, the only options are game info, help and return to game.  It will accept currency but it wont cash out.
skala

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 08:48:50 PM »

Thanks for your replies.  The problem still persists, does anyone know where I might find a key chip 22?  Thanks in advance.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 09:15:36 PM »

Any of the vendors on the Home page here can help you, or just post a WTB (Want to Buy) ad in the Classifieds section here.

skala

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 01:32:08 AM »

How do I determine which game king I have? an it be determined by the model number?

* photo.JPG (39.52 KB, 320x240 - viewed 597 times.)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:02:41 PM by skala » Logged
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 03:00:15 AM »

Just post a pic...that will solve it!  yes

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 04:46:02 PM »

It is signaling me to pick a card yet it won't allow me to select one,

Just to make perfectly sure, you're clicking on the colored tabs near the top of the screen that say, "Card A", "Card B", etc. to try and select a card?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
skala

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 06:24:29 PM »

Yes I tried that knaql
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 10:40:37 PM »

I'm going to jump in here as I had a similar problem.
What happened is I bet 4 credits in multi-game keno. Then my touch screen went bad and I couldn't select the cards to put in numbers. No way to do it from the keys and turning the key to get to touch screen menu won't work either in a middle of a play.
So what I did was open the door and pressed the white button on the board. I was then able to select the diagnostics tab and then touch screen calibration tab. I had to touch above each tab to activate them because the touch screen was off calibration. Once the touch screen was calibrated I able to finish the game. 

I would try the white button and then touch all over until you hit the diagnostics tab and then calibration tab. Also, sometimes I will hold a cold drink in my hand before touching if the screen doesn't want to work.
skala

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 11:33:49 PM »

I opened the machine and pushed the only white button I could find, the diagnostics tab and events log tab appeared but touching them had no effect.  They responded to touch yesterday.  I don't know what I did to make them not work now.
skala

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 11:48:58 PM »

Can anyone tell me which version of game king I have?

* photo(1).jpg (47.99 KB, 240x320 - viewed 626 times.)
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 12:18:12 AM »

Can anyone tell me which version of game king I have?

Turn you machine off, take the computer board out, and take a picture of your board with close ups of the software.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 02:43:22 AM »

I opened the machine and pushed the only white button I could find, the diagnostics tab and events log tab appeared but touching them had no effect.  They responded to touch yesterday.  I don't know what I did to make them not work now.
It can just happen. I have a finicky touch screen on my GameKing and sometimes it fails. A recalibrate always restores mine. Yours could need a calibration or it could have failed and needs repair.
Make sure you are grounded to the floor (not standing on a rubber mat) and try the cold drink trick I mentioned. Sometimes holding a cold beverage (getting your fingers cold) and then touching the screen will work. If your hands are already cold, then try a warm beverage. Temperature change sometimes helps on finicky touch screens. you must be grounded for touch screen to work.
Being in a middle of a play prevents going directly to calibration mode.

As BetterSlots says, turn off the machine and pull the board tray, take a pic of board with chip numbers readable and post it. Someone will identify software version.
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 02:51:32 AM »

Just tried your problem on my machine. If you press the white button and get the diagnostic screen, then turn the jackpot key and the touch screen calibration appears. Try this and see if your screen calibrates by following the instructions in the calibration mode.
Hopefully you have a jackpot key.
skala

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 01:12:53 PM »

Uniman you were right about the recalibration I did as you suggested, I am up and running now.  Thank all of you for sharing your expertise it is much appreciated.javascript:void(0);  I'm sure I'll be back with more questions -
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 09:55:14 PM »

That's great!!  yes  Glad to hear you back up and running.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 06:58:09 PM »

Wow, fantastic solution. K+

uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 10:51:04 PM »

There just had to be a way to get to the touch screen calibration in the middle of a play. Had to figure it out by trial and error. Now I learned something too!
Thanks for the K+.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.