Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:28:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Olympic: Any manuals?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Olympic: Any manuals?  (Read 4035 times)
Lord-Data
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 11

« on: December 12, 2013, 03:47:43 AM »

I've got an older Olympic (Magic Million is the specific machine) pokie machine (Australia), and wondering if anyone has a manual to suit it? Looking to know about the connection of components, etc.

I've checked the download section and can't see anything relevant..

Thanks,
David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 39

Panhead

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 05:58:50 AM »

Please Post Pictures Please Post Pictures Please Post Pictures Scratch Head

Still playin in the mud ..... after all these years.
Lord-Data
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 07:51:38 PM »

Sorry my bad, pictures attached Smiley

* photo 1 (3).JPG (741.21 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 343 times.)

* photo 3 (2).JPG (609.56 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 319 times.)
David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 39

Panhead

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 10:23:16 PM »

Thanks for the pics .... unfortunatly, I have never seen this type of machine before and dont have a clue on the manuals.

Still playin in the mud ..... after all these years.
SS308

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 12:21:10 AM »

Hi.

Even if you get a manual to get it going you will need a RAM clear eprom to start the game up. This is a pre X series Olympic the later models can be RAM cleared without the eprom. Good luck with it but really not worth the time wasted.. I have the clear chips if you get to that stage..If the monitor boots up & there is a thin red line across the lower part of the creen then it will require the RAM clear.
Lord-Data
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 12:26:38 AM »

I'm not planning on booting it with its own systems. Infact, I don't even have the boards for it, only cabinet & screen. I'm planning on converting it to a mame system, but want to integrate as many 'cabinet' functions as possible, by modifying the mame source a bit. I've already got the mame stuff working, which will allow me to drive the hopper and read the coin-out optics. I'm picking up a hopper to suit this machine in a few weeks, but I'll need to know things like the pinout of the hopper connector, and where certain things lived inside the unit (volume controls, the monitor adjustment controls, etc.)
A manual showing details of how things fit together in the cab is really what i'm looking for Smiley I've seen the Aristocrat 540 manual and if there was something equally detailed for this machine, it'd be perfect.
palindrome

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 03:30:16 AM »

That's a shame there's no internals. Would be nice to submit another driver to MAME to help preserve this platform.
Lord-Data
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 04:17:04 AM »

Oh yes, and if I come across a working Olympic system it'll be something is be interested in doing, but sadly they're rare as hens teeth Wink
For now, this will be the cabinet/housing for my mame mk4 system Smiley should have it close to complete in the next few weeks.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.