Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:48:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Gaming Industry News
| |-+  SlotOwners Magazine - For iPhone, iPad, Android & PDF (Moderator: angryninjas)
| | |-+  SlotOwners Magazine - For iPhone, iPad, Android & PDF
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SlotOwners Magazine - For iPhone, iPad, Android & PDF  (Read 22080 times)
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2013, 03:35:30 PM »

Got my first issue too.

Awesome!

Ron (r273)
Krazoj10
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2013, 05:07:08 PM »

Nice first edition... Looking forward to the next one.  yes

My machines:
Munsters vision, Denver Duck reel touch, S2000 Super Lucky 3 reel, S2000 Seven Times 5 reel, Bally Game Maker slant top, older Jennings, Sigma sg300,Bally 873, Williams Jackpot party dotmation and yes one skill stop Speed Racer.
angryninjas
Topic Moderator
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 147

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 01:51:43 PM »

Thanks everybody.  Glad you like it.  We're already working on the next issue, and have some great ideas for it.  Don't forget, we,re giving away free classifieds for the next issue, so if you're trying to sell something that could use a little free publicity, let us know
chuck300x11
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, 03:36:59 PM »

Purchased jan issue yesterday. Other than a few spelling issues, the magazine was fantastic. One question, how long does the content stay available on Apple newsstand? applause  applause  applause
angryninjas
Topic Moderator

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2013, 03:45:20 PM »

Yes, we did catch a few spelling issues after it was submitted as well.

The issues remain on Apple Newsstand indefinitely.  Even if you were to delete an issue from your downloaded copies, all you have to do is go back into it and hit "restore purchases".  Apple never deletes the back issues from their server.  If the magazine is still there 10 years from now, Apple will have 120 issues stored in Newsstand.
wla357
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 12

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2013, 04:21:43 PM »

dave, tried the paypal link for single issue, but it took me to my paypal and was trying to charge the full year price. maybe needs a fix? Smiley
angryninjas
Topic Moderator

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2013, 04:25:39 PM »

Hey Bill,

Strange, let me look into it... replying to your other PM now.
angryninjas
Topic Moderator

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2013, 04:35:40 PM »

Thats really weird.  Verified the code on the paypal end, and even regenerated it... seems to work perfectly.  But the minute I paste it into an HTML document and uploa it, it seems to make both selections a 1 year plan.

Until I can get it straightened out, anyone that just wants a single issue, you can paypal $5.99 to sales@angryninjas.com and I'll email it over to you.  Keep in mind this won't get you a monthly subscription, so if you want future issues, you'll need to do that for each one when it comes out.  Hopefully I'll have it fixed by then though.
angryninjas
Topic Moderator

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2013, 05:39:51 PM »

Just checked and double checked the button code and everything is correct.  I've submitted a support ticket to Paypal to find out why it's not allowing the monthly subscription option.  The yearly option is working fine.  I'll have to wait and see what Paypal has to say on this.
TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2013, 12:05:24 AM »

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed my first issue. I am involved in another hobby that I consider as esoteric as home slot ownership. Magazines like this (and NLG too!) are what keep enthusiasts active and informed, and this is a good thing.  applause

az_flag
angryninjas
Topic Moderator

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2013, 02:12:09 PM »

Awesome AirBalancer!  I completely agree.  Just out of curiosity, what is your other hobby?
angryninjas
Topic Moderator

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2013, 02:14:15 PM »

Ok, the monthly subscription button has been fixed.  We had to create a separate button for the yearly and monthly subscriptions... even Paypal tech support was stumped why the drop down version wasn't working.  Anyways, it's up and working if anyone prefers to subscribe monthly instead of yearly.  You can choose whichever best suits you now here:

SlotOwners Magazine

(The button to the PDF subscriptions in the original post has been modified, so you can click that one too, either way)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:27:53 PM by angryninjas » Logged
TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2013, 12:41:14 AM »

Awesome AirBalancer!  I completely agree.  Just out of curiosity, what is your other hobby?

I collect error coins, coins not correctly struck at the Mint. There are a small number of us within the realm of coin collecting and hobbyists write articles for hobby magazines and discuss errors on boards similar to this one so we can share knowledge about how they are made. Here is an example of an error Kennedy half dollar. It is double struck, meaning it was struck normally once then struck again off center about 50%.

az_flag
angryninjas
Topic Moderator

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2013, 12:46:39 AM »

Ah, very cool.  Yeah, I've got a few bills that were folded over the plate during printing and are printed at like a 45 degree angle on the paper.

Oh, and btw, now that the magazine has an official home, it's official page has a comments section, and right now there aren't any comments, so if anyone wants to express their opinion about the magazine (good or bad), feel free to pop some comments into the page so that other people that don't see it from NLG get a good idea of what they are getting.  Comments section is at the bottom of the page here:

SlotOwners Magazine
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:28:17 PM by angryninjas » Logged
angryninjas
Topic Moderator

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2013, 07:45:32 PM »

Hey Cal,

You asked us a question on the website about PDF subscriptions, but I think there was a typo in your email address, and the email we sent back to you bounced back as undeliverable.  Send me a PM if you see this and I'll answer your question.  Thanks!

-Dave
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.