Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:33:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  1986 Bally Video Twentyone - a switch question.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1986 Bally Video Twentyone - a switch question.  (Read 7300 times)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« on: December 14, 2013, 02:30:32 AM »

The inside door of my working Bally Video Twentyone has a switch, activated by the cam in the door lock. I have never been able to get the lock to work properly. A quarter turn won't lock the door. Half turn moves the cam too far. So the way it is, it locks but the key won't come out! But, this way, the cam properly hits a long tab on a switch.
Every so often, the machine would not play when I closed the door and I thought it was just the cam, not activating the switch. BUT... the other day, I was determined to make this door lock but I broke the tab/lever on the switch.
Machine works fine still and plays fine!
Does anyone know what this switch was for? Was it some kind of door lock option?

* switch2.jpg (1183.23 KB, 3115x2200 - viewed 412 times.)

* switch1.jpg (1091.27 KB, 2775x2440 - viewed 401 times.)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 02:36:18 AM »

Bally Video TwentyOne

* IMG_1205rs.jpg (498.58 KB, 1000x1532 - viewed 518 times.)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 04:58:27 AM »

Bump

READ 19 TIMES... and no one has a CLUE? Why are you people interested in reading if you have absolutely no intention to reply? Drives me nuts here sometimes... TROLLERS.  Pull Hair
And I'm in a FINE mood!
David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 39

Panhead

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 11:36:59 AM »

Dont quote me on this but I think it is just a switch to notify a central monitoring station that the door has been opened and or possible closing a circuit to allow resets. I usually work on EM's but this seems to make sense to me.

Still playin in the mud ..... after all these years.
rokgpsman

Total Karma Storms: 6

Just a curious observer...

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 04:40:15 PM »

Bump

READ 19 TIMES... and no one has a CLUE? Why are you people interested in reading if you have absolutely no intention to reply? Drives me nuts here sometimes... TROLLERS.  Pull Hair
And I'm in a FINE mood!

I read to learn about things I don't know much about, would be pointless for me to post. Sorry you're having this problem, but I don't think people are reading and then holding back useful information.

[unless you p*ssed everybody off this week!]  Odie    

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 04:48:14 PM »

Bump

And I'm in a FINE mood!

I read to learn about things I don't know much about, would be pointless for me to post. Sorry you're having this problem, but I don't think people are reading and then holding back useful information.

[unless you p*ssed everybody off this week!]  Odie    

No I'm usually HAPPY and POSITIVE!! I am! And I do my best to help others with what I know when the same thing happens. Just seems like sometimes this place gets awfully quiet as compared to before.
Thanks for replying... to both of you!!  +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever)
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 05:24:10 PM »

You have a Bally E2000 Video Slot.
They wasn't to popular and not to many people
know how to fix them.  Do you have a manual?
I have a original Bally Operators Manual (FO-850-11)if
you don't have a manual. It has a complete set
of wiring diagrams for those machines and that is
the best way to track down switch and wiring problems.

One step at a time.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 10:36:03 PM »

You have a Bally E2000 Video Slot.
They wasn't to popular and not to many people
know how to fix them.  Do you have a manual?
I have a original Bally Operators Manual (FO-850-11)if
you don't have a manual. It has a complete set
of wiring diagrams for those machines and that is
the best way to track down switch and wiring problems.

I actually do have the manual but I can't find any reference to that switch. I just thought someone might know... but I can try and trace it in the wiring. There was one diagram that I just saw that said something about "door cam electric lock" or something like that (not home now).
Surprisingly, my machine works nearly flawlessly. All the options light up appropriately during play. The only thing I'd love to get is the keypad so I can change out some of the sounds.
I'll try and trace out this switch... any hints?
Thank you.
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 12:42:01 AM »

The proper manual for this is FO-850-17 and the switch is the door jam switch. Since you machine seems to be working I would think
that it is stuck in such a way as to prevent your machine from showing any error. I suppose this is good so that you can continue to play
but it may keep you from making any changes to your setup.

You don't need 50 of these but this is what you need to look for

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50pcs-Micro-High-Level-Normally-Open-and-Close-Switch-28x16mm-/181282388695?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3545bad7

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:47:57 AM by dhellis » Logged
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 01:39:38 AM »

I may have found it in the schematic...maybe! It might be the "door jam" switch? Whatever it is, I can just manually press it to simulate the door opening and closing if it's needed for any changes.
My original problem is that I can't find a new door lock that has the proper "turn degree" to both open the door and flip that switch. I wish someone made just a non-lock keyless latch that would fit in standard door cam lock holes.
I do have the proper manual and thanks for the ebay post. I may look for one just in case I find a lock that works.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 01:59:39 AM »

Are you looking for a replacement switch? I have this one... I usually just by pass them..  Gary

* 100_2289.JPG (732.18 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 407 times.)

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 02:02:04 AM »

Hi
It would be nice to replace it with a working one but still stuck with the dumb door cam lock not working. I'm okay if I can bypass it I guess but still just wondering what the heck that switch did.
The machine works fine without it. Maybe I will manually click it now and see if it won't work.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 02:41:24 AM »

I've seen a large round flat cam on some of the Ballys door locks. It had a low in the cam where the cherry switch lever sat when the door was closed if I remember right, I could have that backwards.... Kind of like the kick and arm switches on the E1000 & E2000 slots, just a lot thinner. I don't think they were ment to work just off the doors latch cam.

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 02:53:47 AM »

I've seen a large round flat cam on some of the Ballys door locks. It had a low in the cam where the cherry switch lever sat when the door was closed if I remember right, I could have that backwards.... Kind of like the kick and arm switches on the E1000 & E2000 slots, just a lot thinner. I don't think they were ment to work just off the doors latch cam.

Gary

Hi Gary
Yes the cam just swings down when the key is turned to open the door. It swipes the switch when opening and closing. But it's just bugging me what it was for other than the suggestion from an earlier post, where it may have notified (somewhere) that the door had been opened and closed. But wouldn't the other door switch (inside on left) do the same thing? I don't know why these things bother me, but they do! I just wanna know!  hissy fit
I did try manually pressing the switch ... twice even... no change in behavior of the machine; it works fine either way.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 03:08:04 AM »

Gary

Hi Gary
Yes the cam just swings down when the key is turned to open the door. It swipes the switch when opening and closing. But it's just bugging me what it was for other than the suggestion from an earlier post, where it may have notified (somewhere) that the door had been opened and closed. But wouldn't the other door switch (inside on left) do the same thing? I don't know why these things bother me, but they do! I just wanna know!  hissy fit
I did try manually pressing the switch ... twice even... no change in behavior of the machine; it works fine either way.

Ummmm....maybe not my place, but can spell O...C...D...?

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 03:09:26 AM »

Gary

Hi Gary
Yes the cam just swings down when the key is turned to open the door. It swipes the switch when opening and closing. But it's just bugging me what it was for other than the suggestion from an earlier post, where it may have notified (somewhere) that the door had been opened and closed. But wouldn't the other door switch (inside on left) do the same thing? I don't know why these things bother me, but they do! I just wanna know!  hissy fit

Ummmm....maybe not my place, but can spell O...C...D...?

I know! I know! I know!   obsessed drool
But I just want... to know.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.