Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:35:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  1989 IGT Slant Top Video Poker---I need help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1989 IGT Slant Top Video Poker---I need help  (Read 7838 times)
ESchreiber
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: December 25, 2013, 08:48:03 PM »

Scratch Head  OK, I've had my video poker machine since 2002.  I've had to replace the battery once on it (I can't even find where its located now, so help there too would be nice.) 

But the battery isn't my issue right now.  The max coin allowed on the machine is 1000, if you hit anything over that it causes it to spit out the coin..........but that's normal.  However, I made the mistake about two years ago of switching from quarters in the machine to nickels.  Well, somewhere along the line a really nasty batch of nickels came out and they aren't all the same width anymore, so my machine jammed up.

I took the nickel out of the compare slot, replaced all my nickels with quarters again..........hoping to get my payout to finish.  (I've got 4 aces on it.)  But, I suppose because it has been so long....it now says "Coin Out Time Out" ????     I tried opening the machine and going to the hopper test screen, but it tells me I need to reset because of the time out.  So I turned the reset key (that is the 2nd key outside the machine right?)  and nothing happened.  I tried holding down the white button and turning the key, and nothing happened.  How do I make that go away?

Which brought me back to the battery, I thought maybe if I disconnected it, and reconnected it again it would reset everything like last time.  But, for some reason.....this huge battery is hiding from me.
ESchreiber

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 02:20:50 AM »

I just noticed that you guys are in Bullhead City, AZ.  Well, unlike the old t-shirts that asked "Where the hell is Bullhead City?"  I know the answer.  I just happen to me moving up there and will be bringing my machine with me (like I'd leave it behind.)  If I stopped the truck by your shop, can someone look at it and get it reset for me? 
uniman
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 02:36:48 AM »

When you changed from quarters to nickles did you change hoppers or have the hopper wheel/knife changed too??
You cannot/should not just change denominations without changing hoppers. A hopper is set for one size coin only. If yours is set for nickles than the quarters would not fit and you would get timeout errors.

As far as bringing it to the shop, you better call ahead first. Joey is a busy man and he doesn't have time to read every post here. 
Lyzard
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 03:02:01 AM »

If you have a clear and set chips you can clear it and then reset the bill validator and denom

as uniman said you will have to have the Hopper and coin out optic for whatever demon you choose

I have one also (machine I mean) a IGT slant top Pe+ Poker really fun to play but is a pain to move mostly in the back heheh

Lyzard
ESchreiber

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 03:45:39 AM »

No, I never changed anything in the machine other than the coin.  The guy at the shop here showed me how to change the denom on the screen from .25 to .05 and so on, but never said anything about having to change hoppers if I did.  I only have one, only got sold one.  

I'm going to be moving my stuff up there on Sunday, any chance, even if I just dropped it off to be looked at when its convenient?  If I do that though, it would have to be brought back to me.  I couldn't possibly come pick it back up.

I'm going to be staying with my Gramps off Lee Ave and Third Street.  I'm not exactly sure where your shop is, but since its in BHC it won't be far.

Now that you know, that no.....I didn't change the hopper, how do I reset?  Oh and @Lyzard  I don't have a bill validator on here.
Lyzard

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 03:53:37 AM »

ok you can use a clear chip to clear the jackpot and errors you only need the set chip if you have a bill validator

Lyzard
ESchreiber

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 04:13:30 AM »

A clear chip?  If I open the top, and use the JP reset  key shouldn't that work?
It hasn't yet. I've even tried holding down the white reset button and that hasn't
worked either. Is there something I can unplug to trick it? Please Post Pictures
Lyzard

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 04:22:19 AM »

I would suggest opening the door and pressing the white button several times you will see or should a screen that say hopper test or something like that run the test and see if the hopper works it should despense 10 coins then close the door and see it clears

sometime you have to open the door and close it several times to clear the errors

ESchreiber

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 04:39:28 AM »

I've done that several times and it doesn't do anything.  I keep getting this screen:

* photo (1).JPG (25.48 KB, 320x240 - viewed 734 times.)
Lyzard

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 04:44:54 AM »

try taking out the hopper and re-installing  it also check the coin comparator make sure it is installed correctly and that there is a coin in the comparator and it is seated correctly
ESchreiber

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 04:55:15 AM »

Thanks Lyzard.  Looks like taking out the hopper and disconnecting the comparator did the trick!!!!!

Clap Hail wave
Lyzard

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2013, 04:58:58 AM »

great glad to hear it 
 +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.