Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:19:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  Other Bill Validators.
| | |-+  UBA-10 ID024 issue
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UBA-10 ID024 issue  (Read 6395 times)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« on: December 28, 2013, 04:15:40 AM »

First time I have to trouble shoot a UBA-10-SS ID024
It keeps rotating the gear on the left side which activates the can belts to pull the notes or tickets into the stacker I can see a black small gear that is spinning near a sensor but not sure if the gear is triggering the sensor or not
I get either a 3 or 4 flashes from the RED LED no green and a lone red LED flash as well
If I mess with the gears and that sensor it will eventually complete its cycle and function but every time I pull the cash can and reinsert trouble starts all over again.
I am using a WBA metal cash can but problem also occurs with the plastic cans and the cash can works fine with a WBA-12

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
harp
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 46

Always on the road

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 09:27:35 AM »

Red LED 3 Flashes Green LED Off
Transport Jam Type2 / An Exit Sensor Board failure may have occurred.
Check all harnesses and connectors. Exchange the Exit Sensor Board and/or CPU Board if required with a known good board. Refer to Section 4 regarding Circuit Board removal

Red LED 4 Flashes Green LED Off
Stacker Encoder signal fault or an Acceptor Jam
A Stacker Encoder Sensor failure may have occurred.
Check all lenses for dirt or scratches. To clean the lenses and sensors, refer to Section 2 regarding Preventative Maintenance. Check all harnesses and connectors. A Lower Sensor Board failure may have occurred. Exchange the Lower Sensor Board if required with a known good board. Refer to Section 4 regarding Circuit Board removal

Most of the time it is the 4 Flash error code and dirt is the culprit, if you have access to an airline I would first blow out the unit paying attention to between the sensor boards and lenses, check all connections and try again
If this fails the next step would be to try calibrating
If this fails the next step would be to strip down completely, clean then calibrate
Styx

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »

Here is from my notes on errors:

1 red flash - cash box full
3 red flashes- Transport jam type 2 (also could be exit sensor or board failure)
4 red flashes- Stacker encoder signal fault, or acceptor jam

To me, I would be troubleshooting the cashbox and housing. I would actually replace the housing of the cashcan to see if that fixes it. I have parts available to do that kind of troubleshooting, but I've had it happen before where replacing the housing eliminates all the constant jam errors.

-Styx
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 12:54:49 AM »

If I rotate the "UBA Roller" or the anti-stringing roller that the notes or vouchers pass thru out of position or back into position. I can get it to work until the next time cash can removed or powered down. the calibration seems to be ok because it will read vouchers that a WBA refuses to read
I am trying to figure out how to get to some of the sensors with out major moving parts dis-assembly

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 04:36:24 PM »

I ran all the tests outlined in the manual via DIP switches
It passed all tests

I have since tried new and worn bills in it and it will accept them without issues.
The unit including note path and sensors are very clean no scratches on the sensor lenses.

I am wondering since it does have the Intelligent Cash Box Sensors mounted to CPU board and the cash can is not ICB equpped, could that be the issue?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:48:21 PM by Foster » Logged

harp

Always on the road

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 04:58:40 PM »

If there was an issue with the ICB you would see something on the lines of 11 flashes if the red led

Are the jumpers on the CPU set for RS232 or TTL (Netplex)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 07:02:05 PM »

They are set for netplex

harp

Always on the road

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 07:08:02 PM »

I assume you ran the Bill Test in stand alone mode and not using the ID024 or !D003 programs on your PC

If you ran Bills through was this done with Transport only or on the housing with a Cash Box installed, it will make a difference and also isolate where your problem lies
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.