Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:15:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  Slot machine hopper help needed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slot machine hopper help needed  (Read 3485 times)
chad
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: January 17, 2014, 02:37:50 PM »

I am somewhat new to the slot arena, and am experiencing hopper issues. I have what I think is a 1980s slot. All is working but the hopper. I have removed and installed it, reseated the logic board (does have some alkyline damage) and tested all the fuses. Switches actuate and are adjusted accordingly. I have a picture of the slot and hopper for reference.
Thanks

Chad

* 01010840.JPG (57.99 KB, 640x480 - viewed 308 times.)

* 01010839.JPG (64.89 KB, 640x480 - viewed 330 times.)
chad

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 02:39:01 PM »

Here is the hopper.

* 01010841.JPG (58.95 KB, 640x480 - viewed 305 times.)
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 40

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 12:32:06 PM »

That Jennings hopper uses a 115VAC motor. You can apply AC directly to the motor wiring to verify that the operation is functional. There is a separate hopper control board behind the hopper, attached to the backplane. I have had a few bad TRIACs and opto couplers on that board. Simple to repair. Also, you should suspect the Beau connector at the back. The female side tends to fail on the contact area, causing fits. Best to just replace those connectors.
chad

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 02:06:19 PM »

Thanks for the tip. I will look into this.   
chad

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 10:49:39 PM »

I took apart and removed the cpu board and backplane board. Checked out the op amps--one had tested strange compared to the other, and triacs both tested bad.    Ordered and received  the parts and looking forward to installing them .   I did check the motor via just an ac hook up and it worked just fine. 

Thanks again for the help.   I will report back with hopefull good news.

Chad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.