Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:30:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Has anyone dealt with Southern Slots in Dallas?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has anyone dealt with Southern Slots in Dallas?  (Read 6174 times)
dcpyatt
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« on: January 20, 2014, 10:20:28 PM »

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this in...

I have an order that I placed on Jan 2, 2014 for almost $90 that I have not received yet.  The first order had a tracking number that turned out to either not be valid or the was never associated with the shipment.

The seller apologized and said he would ship out a duplicate shipment 'priority' on 1/14 and to keep the first shipment if it showed up, but has never provided me with any tracking information or replied to my request for a status back on 1/17.

I'm coming up on 3 weeks since PayPal processed my payment, and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and start a claim via PayPal for merchandise not received...

What would you do?  Three weeks is a long time to float almost $100...
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 10:30:35 PM »

I hear they had trouble with their shipping. I would give it a few more days. I had no problem with them.
AlexIGT

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 10:31:33 PM »

I placed my second order a few weeks ago and got it on time. However, one ~$40 item is missing and I have not been able to get a response to direct email or messaging on the SS web site. It's been about a week since I made the inquiry. My first order (Late August) was also shipped incomplete, but the missing parts eventually arrived after letting them know.
dcpyatt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 10:47:21 PM »

Part of my concern is that the two major items on the order are no longer available on the site and the 3 S2000 printer faceplates with the digital display were mostly filler since they were $5 a piece and didn't add much to the shipping... I don't want to get burnt on not getting the new Bluebird button panel, really don't care on the Sentinel III board with touch display as long as I don't eat $27 shipping for $15 parts.

I sent a polite email saying I -NEED- to know the status of the shipment yea or nay, and that if it hadn't shipped that I would rather just cancel the order for a refund.  Being I paid via PayPal I think I have sufficient email trail to establish that I attempted to work out the transaction.
DoubleZero
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 13

WTB: Mummy short reel glass.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 11:01:15 PM »

I've had three separate orders with them and never a problem. Dave has always been very responsive for me. Hopefully this is just an irregular snafu and things will work out for you.
thegambler327
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 109

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 11:12:06 PM »

I also have ordered from dave never had any problems or short items that i ordered. Always shipped fast and packed very well
mvco
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 11:41:39 PM »

No problems here, about 3 transactions.  One time, my box arrived a couple items short.  A few days later, a second box arrived.  Al;l good here.
erbs
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 66

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 11:52:45 PM »

No problems here either. I just received my 1st order from Dave today that I purchased on 1-12-14. All parts as described.
dcpyatt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 12:00:29 AM »

Got a reply from Dave... his wife has been in the hospital and he is going to have Chris look up the tracking info and send it to me.  No foul in that... I know life gets in the way of business and that is as it should be...
dcpyatt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 11:20:38 PM »

Received the entire order today from the second shipment.  Will never know what happened the first time around.  Glad that everything made it.  Now I need to do more research!
erbs
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 66

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 11:29:06 PM »

Clap applause I knew Dave would come through for you. The Wave
DoubleZero

Total Karma Storms: 13

WTB: Mummy short reel glass.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 11:39:09 PM »

Dave's da man!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.