Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:58:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 - Install a FutureLogic GEN1 printer
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 - Install a FutureLogic GEN1 printer  (Read 10743 times)
Nurbo
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 17

« on: January 25, 2014, 10:24:12 PM »

Hello,

I wanted to use a TITO (Ticket In Ticket Out) with my IGT S2000 slot machine, but it had not got any printer, so I had to order one ... obvious

To ensure that printed tickets can then be read by my bill validator,  I had to install a Bettor TITO Deluxe, before. Here is the post on the NewLifeGames forum where you will find all the information.

I had not done the tutorial on installing the Bettor TITO yet, there is nothing fancy, but the setting of the machine is required for the printer, the reader and Bettor TITO ticket will include . The S2000 there is no need to do a RAM Clear, just a Chip Key is required.

This printer will be installed in the top box of my slot in the bottom left.

Moreover, many observers have noticed that this is a 4 reels machine, Super Spin Sizzling 7, transformed into 3 reels.

Go, it's gone, you are getting into the installation ; make sure that you do not have credit on the meter! ! !
Start by opening the door and remove the chrome plate under the glass. Remove the panel by taking down and lifting it up, you can now pull it towards  you.
Unless your glass support plate is provided for receiving a printer, it is necessary to remove the cut where the printer is positioned. This was my case.

To have access to the 2 screws that hold the plate, it’s better to remove the reels.

Take your printer.
The one I ordered is a FutureLogic GEN1 Netplex

When you buy this kind of printer, make sure you have the cable that plugs in the printer, it is not always sold with it.
On one side of the cable there is a FutureLogic connector and on the other side it splits into two connectors:
- 1 Netplex (communication protocol)
- 1 for the power supply

The advantage of taking Netplex devices is the simplicity of connecting and setting.
However, you should have a Netplex distribution board in the Top Box. I am not saying that the installation is not possible if you do not have this card, but you need longer cables to go to the bottom of the machine, near the motherboard or plugs at the bottom left and right of the top box.

Here is the Netplex board, view closer.
The top part is dedicated to the power supplies distribution, the bottom part distributes Netplex protocol. For the two parties, it is obvious that  you must already have a power supply and a Netplex cable plugged into this card ... logic for distributing cable ... some things, there must have something to distribute.

To install the printer, you will also need a Netplex female / female cable.

There are 2 connectors that must be connected to the cable of the printer and the other 2 are connected to the distribution board Netplex.

Start with the distribution board and the plug for the power supply.

Then plug the Netplex.

You can now plug the cable Netplex + supply, connectors from the printer.

If all is all right, you should have this kind of installation :

you can put the support plate glass. I cut with an angle grinder. Nothing complicated because it is hidden by the chrome plate, so even if you rip, it does not show.

Finally, to reassemble the elements: reels, glass and chrome plate. The hardest part was to cut cleanly the chrome plate ;  the slightest missed  would have been seen.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:05:54 AM by Nurbo » Logged

IGT S2000 Super Spin Sizzling 7
BALLY 809 Multiplier
Nurbo
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 10:26:00 PM »

Now, let’s set up the printer to be recognized by the machine.
Use a Chip Key to enter the menu 7.2.2 PRINTER

Next,  menu 7.2.2.1

Then set the parameter on ENABLE, and one second later your printer is recognized, that's the magic of Netplex protocol !

Exit Menu to return to play mode
On the screen, you must read the message "PAPER OUT" indicating that there is no paper.

Install a block of blank ticket IMPORTANT: THE BLACK MARKS UP

Remove the printer from its frame, by taking the print head with one hand and holding the black part with the other hand. With only two hands, I cannot take a picture and make handling in the same time ...

Insert the first ticket in the slit provided for this purpose, it is "suck" and will put on "hold" as shown in the following picture.

Ticket in waiting after the first insertion.

We must now make the first ticket out to stall the rest of the pack, basically the first ticket is lost.
Press the "FEED" blue button and it goes out.

Remove the blank ticket and you will see that the second one will advance alone to be rigged, and will be ready to be printed on demand. You can close the door.

Put credits, then press "CASH OUT" ; you can read "TICKET PRINTING"  with music rattling parts.

Here is “the” ticket. Test it now in the bill validator (WARNING :  only ok if you have a Bettor TITO Deluxe or similar installed on your machine)

You can also set the first two lines of the ticket via the menus on the machine. However, the letter mode selection  is really archaic, calm and  time are requested ( unless you have a Bettor TITO Deluxe because it's in the options ).

That's all !

Bye !

Nurbo

BALLY 809 Multiplier
DoubleZero
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 13

WTB: Mummy short reel glass.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 01:32:08 PM »

Great resource add, Nurbs - looks pretty easy. This is on my list of to-dos and I apprecieciate your effort spelling it all out for some of us noobs. Thanks and K+ to you!
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 218

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 01:38:28 PM »

You are going to need this bracket for that top box printer. It mounts to the bottom of the printer and secures it to the machine. I'm sure they can be found easily.

Harvs

* Pbrc.JPG (366.51 KB, 968x1296 - viewed 527 times.)
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 37

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »

Great post applause applause I do have a question on an S2000 machine I just picked up that is having a printer problem(?). To start with, I'm not all that familiar with S2000s and have been getting help from jimise, thanks Jim, to get to where I'm currently at. The problem is that there is a printer communications error that I'm having a hard time removing. Let me set this up: It is a 5 reel, Triple Double Butterfly 7s, RT with printer in the top box. I've been poking around looking for disconnected/loose plugs and have found a couple of plugs just hanging in the bottom box. Now I know some of these are suppose to be unconnected, but there is one that seems like it should plug into the Power Distribution Module (correct connection end and seems like it "should" plug into the module). Not wanting to "let the smoke out" I have decided to refrain from the "just push ahead" idea and ask first Help Help. From what I've been able to determine, from the abundant wealth of info on this great site, the "empty" port is shown as "J/P 306 top box unswitched ac". Now the question, does anyone have a photo of the bottom box power distribution module in a similar set up as mine? Or, more importantly, COULD this be my printer problem Scratch Head Scratch Head. I DO realize I'm probably answering my own question Duh!, but would feel better knowing from knowledgeable people if I'm headed in the right direction. Also IF this IS the answer and it turns out the printer is bad, would hooking this up short out the motherboard? I will attempt to look deeper into the forum for answers, but wanted to start someplace. Thanks for any and all info.

Chris
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 04:19:53 PM »

Great post applause applause I do have a question on an S2000 machine I just picked up that is having a printer problem(?). To start with, I'm not all that familiar with S2000s and have been getting help from jimise, thanks Jim, to get to where I'm currently at. The problem is that there is a printer communications error that I'm having a hard time removing. Let me set this up: It is a 5 reel, Triple Double Butterfly 7s, RT with printer in the top box. I've been poking around looking for disconnected/loose plugs and have found a couple of plugs just hanging in the bottom box. Now I know some of these are suppose to be unconnected, but there is one that seems like it should plug into the Power Distribution Module (correct connection end and seems like it "should" plug into the module). Not wanting to "let the smoke out" I have decided to refrain from the "just push ahead" idea and ask first Help Help. From what I've been able to determine, from the abundant wealth of info on this great site, the "empty" port is shown as "J/P 306 top box unswitched ac". Now the question, does anyone have a photo of the bottom box power distribution module in a similar set up as mine? Or, more importantly, COULD this be my printer problem Scratch Head Scratch Head. I DO realize I'm probably answering my own question Duh!, but would feel better knowing from knowledgeable people if I'm headed in the right direction. Also IF this IS the answer and it turns out the printer is bad, would hooking this up short out the motherboard? I will attempt to look deeper into the forum for answers, but wanted to start someplace. Thanks for any and all info.

Chris
What model printer do you have? A pic would help also.

Harvs
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 05:58:14 PM »

I'll have to check and find out later on today and I'll try to get a picture too(never have very good luck at posting pictures here). Thanks.

Chris
Nurbo
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 03:42:01 AM »

Hi,

Thank you for your messages, I hope it will help some people!

Harvs: Thanks for the picture of the bracket !

BALLY 809 Multiplier
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 01:54:01 AM »

Okay sorry for the late reply. The printer is the same one as in this post. Update: I plugged the loose cable, located in the lower box, into where I thought it should go and there was no smoke applause applause The printer does load up with paper, but there is no response from the menu test for the printer. Still getting printer communication failure. There is a question I have about the post. You show the printers' cable power end and the netplix end, then a cable to connect these ends to the netplix distribution board. I do not have this cable. The machine came with the printer and the netplix end is correctly attached to the distribution board(as outlined in this post), but the power end is a female 3 prong and the place to plug it into (as indicated on the board) is 2 prong female also?  Is the power end, in this case, needed to make the printer work correctly, as it already appears to have power? Or should I just use a Key 17 chip and see if I can get it to remove this error and hopefully get the game to function properly? Thanks again and once again, sorry for the late reply Duh! Duh!

Chris
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 02:05:20 AM »

Okay sorry for the late reply. The printer is the same one as in this post. Update: I plugged the loose cable, located in the lower box, into where I thought it should go and there was no smoke applause applause The printer does load up with paper, but there is no response from the menu test for the printer. Still getting printer communication failure. There is a question I have about the post. You show the printers' cable power end and the netplix end, then a cable to connect these ends to the netplix distribution board. I do not have this cable. The machine came with the printer and the netplix end is correctly attached to the distribution board(as outlined in this post), but the power end is a female 3 prong and the place to plug it into (as indicated on the board) is 2 prong female also?  Is the power end, in this case, needed to make the printer work correctly, as it already appears to have power? Or should I just use a Key 17 chip and see if I can get it to remove this error and hopefully get the game to function properly? Thanks again and once again, sorry for the late reply Duh! Duh!

Chris
The only connection that needs to be made for a Gen1 or Gen2 to work is the Netplex connector (Ithica as well). - Your printer IS enabled correct? I have only seen that error when the printer took a shat.. They are readily available, $25 - $50 depending..

Hope this helps...

Harvs
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »

Not sure its enabled. Did not see a prompt in the menus. This is why I question the need for the key 17. I know this usually opens up more menus so I'm going to give it a shot tonight. Or a better question, HOW do I tell or how can I accomplish this?
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 12:25:50 PM »

Not sure its enabled. Did not see a prompt in the menus. This is why I question the need for the key 17. I know this usually opens up more menus so I'm going to give it a shot tonight. Or a better question, HOW do I tell or how can I accomplish this?
Press the white button on the MPU, go to KEYCHIP Config II, then go to 7.2.2 printer and see if it says ENABLED.

*Also, make sure the grey ribbon cable running to the back of the printer is seated properly. Along with the harness on the bottom that runs to the Netplex.

Harvs
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:37:09 PM by Harvs » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.