Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:49:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Newby with questions
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newby with questions  (Read 12779 times)
Don Indallas
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 07, 2014, 06:42:28 PM »

I just got two machines, and I think that they are IGT S-2000 machines.  One is a Triple Lucky 7,s, and the other is a Triple Stars.  First question (sure lets you know that I am just beginning) is are these both 2-2000 machines?  The second question, is how do I determine what the payout percentage is, and the third question is how do I change it if I feel that it is too low to have fun with.  I do appreciate the huge amount of expertize here, and look forward to leaning on some of you for a bit until I learn more.  Thanks!  Don Indallas

Don Indallas
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 218

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 07:35:55 PM »

NLG Welcome

An easy way to tell is by the display on the reel glass..

1st pic is of an S-2000

2nd is an S+

Harvs

* t11 copy.jpg (190.82 KB, 1200x763 - viewed 313 times.)

* 12345 copy.jpg (185.91 KB, 1200x597 - viewed 314 times.)
MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 07:38:38 PM »

Also the S2000 should have speakers on each side above the reel glass.  S-Plus didn't have speakers except in the bottom of the door.

Mike
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 07:52:22 PM »

Yup speakers also.. - Once you let us know what machine(s) you have (S2000 or S+), we can then help you figure out what percentage you have, and how to change that..

Harvs
Don Indallas

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 07:58:53 PM »

The machines have speakers on the sides.  The Triple Lucky 7's machine is a square top, the Triple Stars is a round top.  If you sent pictures, I was not able to find or see them.  I do appreciate your replies on this.  Thanks a lot!  Don

Don Indallas
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 08:03:56 PM »

The machines have speakers on the sides.  The Triple Lucky 7's machine is a square top, the Triple Stars is a round top.  If you sent pictures, I was not able to find or see them.  I do appreciate your replies on this.  Thanks a lot!  Don
Ok. S2000's. I can see my pics on the post.. (Did they not upload properly guys?)

Anywho, I will explain how to check your percentages shortly. It' will take me a sec to write it up..

Harvs
Don Indallas

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 08:12:45 PM »

shows you how new I am......  Saw the pictures.  The Triple Lucky looks just like picture one.  The Triple stars is a little different.  The machine does not look like the second picture with the display on the left below the reels, but rather has the display on the lower right for the amounts, and a display on the lower left that shows you to play 3 coins.  I am convinced these are both s-2000 machines.  Thanks.  Don

Don Indallas
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 08:13:20 PM »

To check your percentage..

Press the white button on the MPU. (lower left side, inside the machine on the MPU)

Press the 'CASH OUT' button 6 times or until you see [KEY CHIP CONFIG] on the left display on the machine..

Press the 'SPIN REELS' button 2 times until you see '7.1.1 Denomination'.

Press the 'CASH OUT' button 1 time until you see '7.1.2 Game Selection'.

Press the 'SPIN REELS' button and it will show what percentage the game is set at.

Now press the 'MAX BET' button 4 or 5 times until the reels spin. You are now out of the menus.

Harvs
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 08:15:47 PM »

shows you how new I am......  Saw the pictures.  The Triple Lucky looks just like picture one.  The Triple stars is a little different.  The machine does not look like the second picture with the display on the left below the reels, but rather has the display on the lower right for the amounts, and a display on the lower left that shows you to play 3 coins.  I am convinced these are both s-2000 machines.  Thanks.  Don
Right. I was talking about looking at the display that I highlighted with that red oval..
Don Indallas

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 08:24:09 PM »

I followed your instructions to the letter (and number).  Thanks.  They both show 98.02%  I have no need to adjust them now.  I do appreciate your help on this.
Thanks,  Don

Don Indallas
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 08:29:47 PM »

I followed your instructions to the letter (and number).  Thanks.  They both show 98.02%  I have no need to adjust them now.  I do appreciate your help on this.
Thanks,  Don
Cool. No prob..  If you ever want to change the percentage you will need a KEY chip to do so.. I recommend having a KEY and CLEAR chip. They are inexpensive and must be used if you ever change game kits, certain settings,and/or hardware.

Enjoy your S2000's!

Harvs
Don Indallas

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 08:30:10 PM »

I am interested in changing the sounds/sound levels.  I expect that I should Press the white button on the MPU, and press the cash out button until something about sounds comes up.  This, I think, is option #3 on the display.  What the rest of the codes for sound mean, I don't have a clue, but I do know that I can adjust the volume of a couple of functions and maybe the specific sound of some doing this.  Right now it is really loud when it spins and when it pays anything.  Thanks for all you your help and your time.  Don

Don Indallas
Don Indallas

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 08:31:07 PM »

I will ask about using them later, but where can I get a key and clear chip?

Don Indallas
MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 09:03:57 PM »

Just post in NLG Classified WTB Key and Clear Chips for S2000.  Someone will contact you with chips and price.

Mike
Don Indallas

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 09:04:47 PM »

Thanks!

Don Indallas
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 09:44:39 PM »

I am interested in changing the sounds/sound levels.  I expect that I should Press the white button on the MPU, and press the cash out button until something about sounds comes up.  This, I think, is option #3 on the display.  What the rest of the codes for sound mean, I don't have a clue, but I do know that I can adjust the volume of a couple of functions and maybe the specific sound of some doing this.  Right now it is really loud when it spins and when it pays anything.  Thanks for all you your help and your time.  Don
A search on this site will show you how to adjust volume and sound options, but seems like you're getting it.

- A quick look at your MPU board, and you can tell if you have upgraded audio (a board with sound Simm) or not. That's an easy upgrade as well (a Multimedia lite board and Simm), and with your game titles, you have many options on what sound Simm you can install. There are many different ones.

Harvs
Don Indallas

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 10:13:30 PM »

Harvs, thanks for the reply.  what would I look for in terms of location of the board, and what on the board would tell me if I have a sound Simm?  Sorry for all of the questions, but I am new and starving for information.  Thanks,  Don

Don Indallas
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 10:21:36 PM »

If you have a basic 500 series board, it'll look like this.. There is a board attached to the MPU that allows the use of Simm's. If you have an enhanced MPU it'll look similar, having another board attached.

* mml.jpg (10.14 KB, 259x194 - viewed 373 times.)
Don Indallas

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 10:40:12 PM »

The board looks just like your photo.  There is a small board in its own case attached to the outside of the case for this board.  I am assuming that this is the other board you spoke about.

Don Indallas
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 11:00:36 PM »

The board looks just like your photo.  There is a small board in its own case attached to the outside of the case for this board.  I am assuming that this is the other board you spoke about.
Sounds like you have the things needed already.., But a picture would verify exactly what you have. - If there is a Simm installed on that board, a couple button pushes and you'll get it going.
Don Indallas

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 11:03:59 PM »

I'll post some pictures of the boards tomorrow.  I appreciate all of the help you have been.  Thanks.  Don

Don Indallas
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 11:05:31 PM »

I'll post some pictures of the boards tomorrow.  I appreciate all of the help you have been.  Thanks.  Don
Sounds good. And no prob.

Harvs
Don Indallas

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »

Attached, I hope, are the pictures of the main board housing, with the aux board on the outside in its own housing, and the main board.  I will post a second one with a picture of the aux board.
Don

* board housing.jpg (438.91 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 323 times.)

* Main Board.jpg (498.65 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 297 times.)

Don Indallas
Don Indallas

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 02:59:39 PM »

Here are pictures of the aux board front (cased) and backside.
Don

* Aux board backside.jpg (378.06 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 304 times.)

* Aux board frontside.jpg (185.49 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 287 times.)

Don Indallas
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 06:10:09 PM »

Don  The picture you called AUX board is a IO board, your machine has two of them. One in your picture is the cabinet IO and there is another one in the inner door panel called the door IO. The IOs have nothing to do with the sound so for now lets just forget about them.

Your main board picture is a lot of help. In that picture on your far left there is a 8 1/2 inch X 5 inch board mounted above the main board, this is the MM II sound board. Attached to the sound board is a green card, in your case it has a tag on it saying you have a DSV00042. This green card is a sound simm. I see Roz sent you the directions on setting your sounds, until the day you get that clear chip there is nothing I can think of that you can mess up so push any of the buttons you want to.

I see you have a WTB a Clear and Key chip, so today I'm going to offer you a deal. This forum just kicked off their annual fund raiser http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=27656.0
Here's the deal for the small sum of 25 bucks you will receive a set of clear/key chips, a ticket for a slot machine drawing, become a Contributing member, and receive my heart filled "Thanks" Golly that's four for one, even a Tex-a-can can't pass up a deal like this. ( I should have been a used car salesman, here we have a fellow that has been a member for a whole day and I'm hitting him up for money ) Don PM me your address and I'll sent the chips anyway.

I gotta ask, that Ex-ray in your profile, is that of a truck drivers brain going down the highway at 75 MPH driving a 80,000 pound truck ??  I bet he drives for Swift.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.