Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:21:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  IGT Spectrum Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Spectrum Mini Display Dimensions....anyone?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spectrum Mini Display Dimensions....anyone?  (Read 5806 times)
mamepokerguy
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: February 19, 2014, 11:52:52 AM »

Hey guys I am trying to find some info on the dimensions of the spectrum mini display...I'd like to put a display into my s2000 cab right next the ticket printer where the players tracking plate is. I believe its about 7.750" wide I would need...just want to confirm the size of the mini before I decide what I want to do....its either put it there or just buy a topper with a progressive in it already.....

Thanks!

Tom
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 12:39:21 PM »

I can't give you exact dimensions because I gave both my displays away, but the display itself should have no problem fitting where you want it because the main operating board is at the other end of a ribbon cable that plugs into the display. You will need to manipulate a new frame to hold it though
mamepokerguy

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 11:23:58 AM »

I can't believe how theres NO info on this mini spectrum on the web...I emailed slot slotmmachinepartsstore about the size of it about a week in half ago and they havn't replyed....I am looking at this display..;
http://slotmachinepartsstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=344

Does anyone know if the driver is included on this? It looks like I will have to buy this and just take a gamble....

Tom
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 218

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 12:54:28 PM »

The dimensions of this one (Looks to be the same as the one in the link) are: 16.5 inches long by 2.5 inches tall. This one I have is not mini, actually longer then a ChamII display. The one in the link does have different PN #'s then mine, so maybe it is smaller then it looks.   

#'s on my prog unit:  PN 25302100 REV B    /    SDF104 R

These are plug and play, just set up through the prog menu.. If you buy one, you NEED the harnesses that come with it., I have seen them for sale w/out the harnesses and it's a pain in the butt to find them.

Harvs

* CDS1.JPG (599.08 KB, 1296x968 - viewed 496 times.)

* CDS.JPG (585.69 KB, 1296x968 - viewed 557 times.)
mamepokerguy

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 01:05:00 PM »

Hey Harvs, thanks for replying.....I've searched up and down for the mini dimensions....just can't find it....I am almost temped just to make my own progressive topper....I am almost considering buying the idog topper on ebay with the progressive and just make a custom insert....

But on this site I linked above...they have a display...and then they have a display "Assembly"....I am thinking that would have the driver and harness??

Thanks.

Tom
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 218

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 01:15:55 PM »

Hey Harvs, thanks for replying.....I've searched up and down for the mini dimensions....just can't find it....I am almost temped just to make my own progressive topper....I am almost considering buying the idog topper on ebay with the progressive and just make a custom insert....

But on this site I linked above...they have a display...and then they have a display "Assembly"....I am thinking that would have the driver and harness??

Thanks.

Tom
I would ask them if it comes with the 2 harnesses needed before you bought it. Also ask what mounting brackets come with it.

I'm 99% sure the prog unit I have fit's into the topper you mentioned in the WTB post. PM me if interested in it.

Harvs
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 12:15:57 AM »

The harness for the netplex data is the same as VFD harness the power at the display end is has to be split to a 6 pin connector and 2 pin connector.
It plugs into Netplex and 4 pin power connectors on the Power Distribution board

Netplex harness

10 pin (2x5) Molex Micro Fit Jr                  Molex SL 0.100 5 pin
male housing - female connectors
 3   Green with black         Reset               1    
 4   Green with brown       Nexplex RxD     2
 5   Green with red           Netplex +VDC   3
 8   Green with orange      Netplex TxD      4
 9   Green with blue          Nexplex Gnd     5

Power to the display and driver board is +13 VDC and AGND
You can get it from Pins 6 - 13VDC and 7 - AGND in the netplex connector or from the 4 pin power connectors on power dist board.

The 2x3 one side is the ground pins and one side is the 13VDC Pins
pins next to the latch are ground (3 pins) and the other 3 pins are 13VDC
The 2 pin - the Latch pin is AGND and the other pin is 13VDC
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 12:21:19 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.