Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 11:05:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Uiversal Stars & Stripes Error Code 12 and Hopper continuious running
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Uiversal Stars & Stripes Error Code 12 and Hopper continuious running  (Read 6849 times)
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: February 12, 2014, 02:41:39 AM »

Hello,

I am hopping someone can help me get my slot machine to play again.

I bought it off Craigslist working, I played the shit out of it before I decided to buy it.

I loaded the machine in my truck upright... Once I got home I plugged it in and the problem(s) started.

I get the error 12 in the Win Meter.

I would then try to clear the memory:

1st I would power down the machine

2nd open the door and and hold the black button on the bottom of the board and the turn on the power

3rd while holding down the button the machine still shows the error 12 in the Win Meter

4th I would the close the door and restart the slot machine and the hopper runs continuously

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike

* DSCN9370.JPG (119.67 KB, 616x1080 - viewed 352 times.)

* DSCN9371.JPG (153.84 KB, 887x1080 - viewed 354 times.)
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 02:42:32 AM »

2 more pics

* DSCN9373.JPG (397.57 KB, 1406x1080 - viewed 384 times.)

* DSCN9375.JPG (196.89 KB, 1920x1063 - viewed 389 times.)
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 04:46:17 PM »

the 12 code indicates a bad battery.  follow the black and red wires over to the part that is held in place with the velcro, that should be a 3.6 volt NICAD rechargeable battery.  you won't get anything else to work until you replace it. then when you clear it , it should come back to life.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 04:56:55 PM »

Thank you Jim for you quick response, I bought the battery fro Frys electronics and soldered it in myself. I left the machine on overnight to charge the battery and still have the same problem.... I will double check the wires on the board and post my findings.

Thank you,
Mike
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 05:10:44 PM »

Please don't take offense to my next question, did you observe the correct polarity for the battery, + and - ?  Since the machine did work, it has to be something with the battery   On the universal machine the door key has to be at the three o'clock position (door open) when you do the reset.  power off, hold down button, turn power on while still holding down button, within 5 seconds you should hear some static coming from the speaker, then release the button. that's a full reset.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 06:35:41 PM »

Please don't take offense to my next question, did you observe the correct polarity for the battery, + and - ?  Since the machine did work, it has to be something with the battery   On the universal machine the door key has to be at the three o'clock position (door open) when you do the reset.  power off, hold down button, turn power on while still holding down button, within 5 seconds you should hear some static coming from the speaker, then release the button. that's a full reset.

Jim

No offense taken, I to question my actions as well.... I will double check everything and get back to you....

Thanks
uniman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 09:59:19 PM »

Ok, let's see if I have this right.
1. You played the shit out it, worked great, bought it and took it home.
2. You plug it in at home and it doesn't work, error 12 and running hopper.
3. (Reading between the lines) You figure bad battery, buy a new one from Fry's, remove old battery and installed new battery.
4. Problem persists.
5. You post for help on NLG.

Right?

Here is where I would start.
Error 12 is bad RAM, usually it is the battery. But it failed right after a move. Hmmmm. Could be something else.
Any drop in voltage can cause this problem.
Check the power cord, make sure not pinched or damaged under machine.
Look for coins/tokens or screws behind the board rack where all the wires are. You would need to unscrew the whole thing and look behind it. Universal put little square holes in the back corners from the bottom to the upper box. Loose screws can fall behind the wiring and sometimes causes a voltage short. The wires are coated and it's rare but I once had this happen so I tell everybody to check.
And is that the right battery??? Big sucker! As Jim said 3.6v NiCad and check polarity.
Also look under board in tray. Look for coins or screws.

mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 12:51:56 PM »

Ok, let's see if I have this right.
1. You played the shit out it, worked great, bought it and took it home.
2. You plug it in at home and it doesn't work, error 12 and running hopper.
3. (Reading between the lines) You figure bad battery, buy a new one from Fry's, remove old battery and installed new battery.
4. Problem persists.
5. You post for help on NLG.

Yes Sir, you nailed it.....
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 12:59:56 PM »

Here is where I would start.
Error 12 is bad RAM, usually it is the battery. But it failed right after a move. Hmmmm. Could be something else.
Any drop in voltage can cause this problem.
Check the power cord, make sure not pinched or damaged under machine.
Look for coins/tokens or screws behind the board rack where all the wires are. You would need to unscrew the whole thing and look behind it. Universal put little square holes in the back corners from the bottom to the upper box. Loose screws can fall behind the wiring and sometimes causes a voltage short. The wires are coated and it's rare but I once had this happen so I tell everybody to check.
And is that the right battery??? Big sucker! As Jim said 3.6v NiCad and check polarity.
Also look under board in tray. Look for coins or screws.

Yea I realize the battery is BIG and it is a 3.6v NiCad battery. Its the same battery I used in my Bally 5000 plus machine as well I use this battery in the event the machine sits for a month of so unpluged it would retain the memory.

That being said I did triple check the polarity on the battery and the circuit board. I am golden there.

However I will start to tear down the lower half of the machine to look for something very obvious...

Again Thank You
uniman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 11:44:25 PM »

Probabilty is something happened in the move. Somewhere something maybe dropping the voltage. If you had the hopper with coins in the machine while moving there could be coins in a wrong place, or maybe a screw.

Universals do not eat up battery power like the Ballys but there should be no problem with the big one.

Keep us posted with what you find.
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 12:18:03 AM »

Thank you  Crazy

I  sure will  Hail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.