Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:20:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  How do I enable attract music type 5 game?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do I enable attract music type 5 game?  (Read 18780 times)
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 62

« on: May 05, 2009, 10:11:55 PM »

Help      I just changed out to a different game kit, (wow! that didn't take me long). Now have a 3cm 5x Deluxe up and running. 
Can I enable this to play attract music while it sits idle?  Using a SP 731 and SS 8264. 
Can songs be played as reel music or just for attract or jackpots.  Been searching other posts, like the one one the Haywire music post,
and I'm still not sure exactly what I need to do.

Hail I bow to your inestimable wisdom  Hail

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 01:46:06 AM »

This page is displayed only if the game is Type 4, Type 5, or
Type 12. Activates songs and allows selection of the song to be
played during the idle mode.

If this game is the one you have , then yes...it'll be in the " Output Tests" mode.
I believe test number "60-0"...
You'll have I beleive 7 choices of "Attract Music" to choose from...
This game is a Type 5 game.
Your SS chip is a 95% chip.

* 5xpdlx3t.gif (38.04 KB, 300x227 - viewed 613 times.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:51:08 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 02:29:41 AM »

So by entering the test mode this will activate the songs? Can it be set to random play or just the one song?
Can it be set to play as reel spin music, or play on wins?

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 02:49:56 AM »

Idle Mode Music
Selection   Activates songs and allows selection of the song that is played during the attract mode.  Turn the jackpot reset key to select a song.  Press the self test button to save the selection.

It'll just play the one song every 5 minutes if I remember correctly. Too bad it can't be set to play during the handpay wait or using it for a spin sound either way..
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 02:52:15 AM »

SELF TEST MODE
Pressing the self test switch or the Bet One Credit player switch "pages" forward through the self
test mode, and pressing the Play Max Credits player switch pages backward. Changes or selections
in the options pages may be made by pressing the Change switch or turning the jackpot reset key.

Press the little test button until you get a "60", then turn the reset key.
Each time you turn the reset key.....a song plays...
when you find the song you want to keep as your "attract" music,
I think you press the change light button to save it or just close the door.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 02:53:17 AM »

sorry Brianzz....I didnt see your post... Duh!
Brianzz

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 02:54:05 AM »

Stop stealing my thunder bunker..  arrow

Mind you, the attract music will only play with 0 credits on the meter
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 08:46:36 AM »

...and will quickly get to the point of being annoying or will scare you (depending on your volume setting) and you'll turn it off within a week.   rotflmao

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 09:43:31 AM »

...or will scare you ...

The one that always used to scare me was the sea serpent in Mermaid's Gold. My volume is set louder on the Wms since the speaker is so robust, and the sound effect of that particular attract animation sounds like the music from Jaws. When I first owned the 40x, I didn't put it into bookkeeping mode during breaks to save the dot screen/ps, and I'd be in the living room watching TV or working on the computer when "Jaws" would get me. The other attract animations had sounds that weren't as startling, and the sea serpent would only appear once or twice an hour, sometimes even less.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 07:47:21 PM »

I just want it to play a while for the "atmosphere"  bust gut laughing
I keep the volume soft anyway to keep from annoying the wife who sits 4 feet away at her pc.

I really wish you could change the reel music, because that is what becomes tedious  hissy fit
I'll tinker with it this evening and see what I can get, Thanks ever so much for the help as allways! applause

Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 12:47:01 AM »

new
Idle Mode Music
Selection   Activates songs and allows selection of the song that is played during the attract mode.  Turn the jackpot reset key to select a song.  Press the self test button to save the selection.

I can get the machine to cycle through the songs, but pressing self test apparently does not set the choice, just closing the door doesn't seem to work, also tried the change button, its changes the song, the play max credit button changes the
winner paid to 50XX, bet one seems to cycle through the test menus, Am I missing something?

rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 12:50:16 AM »

I don't think I've ever heard any of my machines do the attract mode.  About how long are you guys leaving the machine in idle before you hear the tune?

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 01:03:00 AM »

the"Attract Music" starts playing after 1:30...at least on mine?

and Knagl's right...it gets annoying....lol
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 01:52:48 AM »

It would be nice to get a list of which SP chips support this feature, as I have never had an IGT S+ game play attract mode sounds of any kind. The only uses that I knew of for song selection prior to this discussion were for spin-till-you-win games like Coral Reef and the 4th of July, and for the Double Spin games during the brief second spin.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 02:04:58 AM »

I have a 5-line Gold Mountain combined with an SP1137 that plays "Attract Music" about 90 seconds when left alone...
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 10:36:48 AM »

But isn't that only with no credits on the machine? You guys keep hitting the cash out or just running it down? Although out of my S2000's my Munsters will play the attract with creddits on it, the only machine that will though.

Dan (tacman)

Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 10:59:54 AM »

But isn't that only with no credits on the machine? You guys keep hitting the cash out or just running it down? Although out of my S2000's my Munsters will play the attract with credits on it, the only machine that will though.

Dan (tacman)

Never heard it on my S+. All my S-2000's play it one time, on preselected time after all credits are gone.

Ron
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »

Well after I gave up on this a while back, I am trying this again.  I can get to the songs and set the song, but I guess I am not saving it somehow hissy fit
I try  pressing self test apparently does not set the choice, just closing the door doesn't seem to work, also tried the change button, what am I missing or doing wrong?
I know its a little thing, but I hate being beaten by such a trivial matter. frying pan

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 04:07:37 PM »

Try this for kicks....get back into the sounds/songs option...
pick a song THEN hit the "Change/Service" button ( This is for "saving" the setting you chose)....
that will usually produce a "ding" sound
then close the door and... have a smoke?
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 04:32:39 PM »

Tried that, and it changes the song(no ding like you mentioned) just like turning the key.
 Are there any other SP's that support the music option?

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »

Tried that, and it changes the song(no ding like you mentioned) just like turning the key.
 Are there any other SP's that support the music option?

Remember, it's a Type 5 SP chip....
you'll need another Type 5 chip that has the sound options for comparison purposes.
Uh,....there's like hundreds of SP chips but I don't know which ones that are "Type 5"...

TYPE 5     Special S-Plus: Enhanced Type 1 and 'Free Play' capability (the majority of requested Type 5 S-Plus pay tables do not have the 'Free Play' mode enabled, although this option is available). Multiple nudges consists of a maximum of three 'Nudge Up' symbols and/or a maximum of three 'Nudge Down' symbols: Upon any of these special symbols landing on the pay line, the game will 'nudge' the reel upwards one symbol, or 'nudge' the reel down one symbol. Depending on the Type 5 pay table theme, all the nudging symbols shall be graphically visible on the reels or all graphically blank in others.
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 05:10:35 PM »

Thanks for the help, I am going to try a process of elimination here, trying each button etc, and waiting to see if it will play. no

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 05:25:25 PM »

I did some digging around and have some great news!

The SP1137 chip has the "Attract" sound modes AAAAAAAAND....the tournament options!!
LOL ...the best of both worlds....
PLUS!!!!, you can throw in ALL the coins you want because it has the "Nevada-Euro Style" credits built into the chip!
GO, GO, Go freaking buy one right now from one of our vendors or I'm gonna slap ya silly!!!!! Tongue Out
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2009, 05:28:29 PM »

:3-Too Cool applause  I'll have to fetch me one of those Tongue Out
But I'm still not giving up yet on making this 731  play the durn music frying pan

knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2009, 06:23:55 PM »

For kicks, have you tried paging all the way through the menus (with the self test button) until it does its brief pause and returns to the idle/door open mode, and then close the door?  I don't know if that'd make a difference, but I guess it couldn't hurt to try?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.