Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:56:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  *** S2000 CLEANING REEL STRIP WARNING ***
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** S2000 CLEANING REEL STRIP WARNING ***  (Read 30050 times)
golflover
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 08:31:42 PM »

I just found this thread and have a smaller problem with my Bally Proslot. It is a Diamond Line Double Blazing 7's, 2 coin machine. My center reel has the paint peeling off 2 of the 7's. They have never been cleaned and when the 7 comes up on the pay line you can see inside the reel cage. Where would I find what numbers the reel strips are and if they could be replaced?  Scratch Head
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 08:39:22 PM »

I usually shine a light from behind the end of the strip to see the number.  They must be old strips.  If you list the symbols in order of each strip or post a pic, someone will likely have some.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 09:27:16 PM »

I suggest listing them in a new topic on the Bally reel slot board.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
golflover
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 09:34:59 PM »

Thanks Stat I'll do that. I was just reading  the thread and wondered if this was a common problem across all the platforms i.e the not being able to clean and the fading crackling  peeling etc.  And jsut thrw in the sources. I'll move to the Bally Forum. yes
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 11:12:10 PM »

A Lot of the Newer strips DO not dissolve under water or in water.   This was just some of my encounters.  B.
Droz
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 02:02:45 PM »

Yup.  I'm another one that found out the hard way.  Within about an hour of getting my new machine set-up, I figured I would clean everything with Windex.  My heart sunk when I saw the ink wash off the strip!  (anyone have any backlite strips for Triple Double Stars 3coin to sell?)  Smiley

-D
IFFV68
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2011, 02:25:24 PM »

I may have a set.  You may have gotten  Lucky.
Please P.M. with you email adders  & I will send some photo's later today.

The only cleaner I use is  CRC HYDRO FORCE GLASS CLEANER. It will not fog up the film on the inside of the glass. it will work on WASHABLE REEL STRIPS with no problems. I use it on chrome & everything in the machine. Safelite Auto glass also has the same stuff.,I haven't checked their lately. It is a foam. Nicotine dissolves & wipes right off.

Many of use have learned the hard way.
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 06:04:40 PM »

Should never really use an amonia based products on reel strips as it may yellow over time.  If you must use a cleaner to get rid of stubborn stains, make sure you remove the residual with water.  As these machines become extinct in favor of the server based solutions with "lcd" based reels, you will not be able to replace them when they turn yellow and ugly.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 07:28:52 PM »

On my washable strips (shiny face) I use Simple Green. I lay them on a counter top an spray them and wipe them off
with a paper towel in one direction before it dries. I turn them over and do the back side. If you wipe in both directions
they will fold up and put a crease in it. hissy fit

Ron (r273)

<edit> The tip off between the two kind of strips are high gloss finish is washable but the matt finish is NOT! If
           you are unsure do a very small edge and see if it becomes sticky or the matt finsh comes off.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:29:18 AM by r273 » Logged
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 07:33:37 PM »

For those reading this thread from the end, please see warning quoted..
ATTENTION ALL S2000 OWNERS
   The surface of many S2000 reel strips are water soluble and if you attempt to clean them with any liquid, it will destroy the strips.

Many owners have found this out the hard way.

(note to Mod, you may want to sticky this post or make your own)

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 08:54:36 PM »

YEP Me, too! i killed a set of 5 reel Cleopatra strips  after i had a good cry bawling and temper tantrum hissy fit i found this site and the CLEANING REEL STRIP WARNING             ( DANGER WILL ROBERTSON DANGER ) That's for all who are older and remember

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
DJDOOGIE
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2011, 08:44:18 PM »

Rob,
I am really new to this but a sign shop should be able to duplicate the symbols that are no longer there so the backlight would still show through.  I have thought about doing this by getting a set of blank reel strips and making my own designs.  I would think a sign shop would make a couple symbols to help out.
Doogie

Doogie
I am a medic not a mechanic but I did have an erector set and legos as a kid.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2011, 08:54:18 PM »

Rob,
I am really new to this but a sign shop should be able to duplicate the symbols that are no longer there so the backlight would still show through.  I have thought about doing this by getting a set of blank reel strips and making my own designs.  I would think a sign shop would make a couple symbols to help out.
Doogie

Good luck with that.
Any verifiable printing business wouldn't touch those symbols or strips with a ten foot pole
considering the symbols are copy-write protected designs.

Ask the owners of EI of what happened to them when Federal investigators
raided their printing shop one fine morning... rotflmao
Tech73

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2013, 05:15:09 PM »

I know this is a very old thread but after reading through it and not seeing anyone stating what could clean the reels without messing them up.

Baby wipes. Has to be non-alcohol type.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2013, 07:33:40 PM »

Those work on older non-washable S2000 strips?
Tech73

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2013, 08:14:41 PM »

We use them where I work when we PM games. We have a lot of old S2k and about 25 S+ coin games. I will get the brand name when I go back to work tomorrow.
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2013, 08:49:04 PM »

Man, I'd tread lightly with some strips.  Some that I've seen barely have any clear coat at all and have a chalk like finish.  If you sneeze lightly on those, they'll smear.  Some cannot take any liquid at all.  Others will turn a milky white color when a damp cloth is applied, but even with those, I would be VERY careful.  If the strips are ultra rare to find, I wouldn't take the risk.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2013, 08:54:20 PM »

Man, I'd tread lightly with some strips.  Some that I've seen barely have any clear coat at all and have a chalk like finish.  If you sneeze lightly on those, they'll smear.  Some cannot take any liquid at all.  Others will turn a milky white color when a damp cloth is applied, but even with those, I would be VERY careful.  If the strips are ultra rare to find, I wouldn't take the risk.

Jason
Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post
Tech73

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2013, 11:57:47 PM »

The Brand we use are huggies baby wipes. If you are unsure about them messing the stripes try and small area to be 100% sure on the very old ones.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.