Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 09:14:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  IGT S+ Double Diamond fuse keeps blowing
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Double Diamond fuse keeps blowing  (Read 14911 times)
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 02:54:54 AM »

Aaron:   Don't know where you are in your process to locate the problem, perhaps I could offer a few suggestions!  First put everything back together, not secured or bolted down, just so you have everything hooked up and nothing is going to short out.  The fuse that you are blowing controls the common side of the 7vac and 8vac. In one of the pictures the six pin plug that comes from the power supply module to the motherboard has two green wires, (common) one solid blue (7vac), one brown/ blue(8vac) and two orange wires,one with a green strip (24vac).The 7vac powers all your #86  and #555 bulbs on the door, plus others things. The 8vac only goes to the main logic board and is a supply voltage for a reference voltage to hold the reels at rest.

After you have everything back together, apply power and see if the fuse still blows, if it does then remove the main board and try again, if the fuse does not blow then the problem is probably in the board. It (8vac) goes from the connector J-8 pin 4 to P-2 pins 28a and 28b.

If (with the board out) and the fuse still blows, then the problem is with the 7vac line.  It goes from J-8  pin 3 to J-1 and J-3 on the mother board.
Unplug J-1 (board still out)  try a new fuse see what happens?  if it blows,  unplug J-3  and try again  if it blows  again then unplug all connectors from the motherboard except J-8 and try again, at some point the fuse will be good and we have isolated the problem to a connector or the motherboard itself.
Once we find the connector then its only a simple trace to the area of our problem.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
AWEInCA
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 03:08:25 AM »

Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply.

After a fantastic amount of help from stayouttadabunker, I purchased a replacement MPU board:

http://www.azslot.com/startup.html?1459.html&1

This was the cheapest price I could find that guaranteed it worked. Prices ranged from $69 to $250. Some of the more expensive ones included ROM chips and or the mounting plate.

I should be getting the board I ordered Thurs or Friday.

My old board is with a friend who has some testing equipment and is going to check out the board and particularly the suspect chip. I just gave it to him today, so hopefully he will have some answers soon.

I really hope this new board fixes the problem (fingers crossed)

After I get one of the boards back, I will definitely give your suggestions a try.

Thanks again for everyones help!
slotdeals
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 151

CALL 937-836-5609 FOR DETAILS

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 02:06:56 PM »

Hi Alot of times 2 things that makes machine bowling fuses is the candle and the handle box coil

AWEInCA
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 03:45:32 PM »

Hi Slotdeals

I checked both of those things and they seemed to be fine.

AWEInCA
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »

Semi-Good news.

I just put in the board and the fuse no longer blows!

However, It seems I need to do a self test to the 61 error code. I have been googling but I can't seem to find out where or how the self test works.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 05:51:30 PM »

are you getting a code 61?  If so, there's a little white button next to the power switch.  Push and hold the button for a couple of seconds, the machine should "ding" once, and change to 61 1.  Close the door and then turn the jackpot reset key and the game should play normally.  If you have a bill validator, you may need to re-enable it using a set chip.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 05:52:20 PM »

Look here for commong Errors for an S+

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
AWEInCA
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2009, 08:45:25 PM »

Thank you to everyone! My slot is backup and running GREAT!!  The problem was indeed the the MPU board.

A buddy of mine has the old board to see if he can find the exact problem. If he does, I'll post again.

Your help has saved me money and I had a blast messing around on the inside of the slot machine. I certainly have learned a lot.

I'm sending a small donation to the site. I wish it could be more.

Aaron
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2009, 09:33:35 PM »

Congratulations The Wave Dancing Party Aaron,
It's always nice to hear back when you get the machine up and running.

Don't be a stranger to  nlg and post back when you buy your next machine.  rotflmao
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 12:48:22 AM by Neonkiss » Logged

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2009, 11:30:13 PM »

Hey AWEInCA !
Good going!
I am so happy you got it going again!
I told ya it was that burned chip traces on the MPU board!
Have a bunch of fun with your machine!

rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2009, 02:04:17 AM »

Now its time to get another one, so you can compare the two in case one stops working.  applause applause applause applause  And then, if you are not careful, they'll multiply before you know it.  arrow arrow arrow arrow

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.