Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:13:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  A few questions about changing the Denom
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A few questions about changing the Denom  (Read 2004 times)
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 62

« on: May 25, 2009, 05:05:34 PM »

Just for the heck of it, I am thinking about changing my machine from .25 to .05.  I have the set chip that I need.
I will need to get a shelf wheel for the hopper, and a new coin guide to account for the drop in the size.  Is the encoder the same for the nickel as it is for the quarter?
Any other parts I need to change?  Is there a way to change the amount of credits assigned to each coin?  ex. 5 credits for a quarter instead of changing out all the other parts?

I noticed on some old IGT video that the S+ were once available in 10 cent denomination, are there dime shelf wheels available? Other parts necessary for this change I presume?

I am having a ball tinkering with this thing.  Of course lately, whenever I am trying to play off credits, I keep getting decent hits! Oh what a terrible problem bust gut laughing

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:55:11 PM by Magicslots » Logged

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 08:23:02 PM »

Certain chips support tokenization -- that is, you can make it a penny machine that runs on quarters, for example.  Put in a quarter, get 25 credits.  Put in a dollar bill, get 100 credits.  The machine will still only dispense quarters (ie. if you have 50 credits and hit the cash out button, you'll get 2 quarters out).  It's a lot easier than switching out all of the parts.  Smiley

To answer one of your questions, if you do switch to nickels, the same coin comparator is used for both nickels and quarters.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 06:13:22 AM »

There are other options in addition to tokenization. If you don't really care about the value of the coins, you can set the dbv to 5 cents or 1 cent and leave the coins alone. A $1 bill will then give you either 20 credits or 100 credits, and cashing out will give you either 20 coins or 100 coins (quarters or tokens). However, it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Doing this will give you an easy way to build a large number of credits on the machine with a small bill, but you will lose the feel of reality when you play since the coin and bill values won't match. Using a Tokenized SP chips solves that problem but then cashing out partial credits results in a hand pay.

If you just want to have the feel of different sized coins, then swapping out the parts is the answer. You can buy the shelf & pin wheels, and adjust the coin comparitor and change the back of the coin head. You can also be lazy and buy a 5¢ hopper to compliment your 25¢ hopper. You will still need to adjust the comparitor and should put in a nickel back on the coin head (not strictly required), but then you won't have to mess with the hopper, and you'll have a spare IGT hopper in case one fails down the road. If you don't need the spare hopper, then just change out the parts.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.