BALLY 5000 PLUS

(1/1)

raz410:
BALLY 5000 PLUS,I HAVE A ERROR CODE 83 HOW DO YOU CLEAR IT? THANKS BOB

Hotrod:
Before anything can be done. Back up battery on cpu must be in good condition. At lease 3.0 volts. If it is a ni-cad or nimh. It would be a good idea to replace, if older than 5 yrs. If it’s a lithium battery or lithium disc. It should show a voltage of at least 3.0 volts. If not than replace. Batteries should be replaced with like types. DO NOT REPLACE LITHIUM WITH NICAD OR VICE VERSA. SERIOUS PROBLEMS WILL OCCUR. some battery shops will solder a new battery on for a small fee, if you purchase it from them,

There are three variations on how to clear a bally 5000/plus. The earlier (5000) model. Which can be identified by only having one set of chips on the main cpu. (No piggyback board attached.) This one needs special clear chips. Remove program chips U-12/U-15. Replace with clear chips U-12/U-15. Place cpu back in machine turn power on. Display should cycle through checking saferam, clearing saferam, saferam cleared. Turn power off. Remove clear chips and replace original program chips in slots U-12/U-15. Saferam is clear.

Regular 5000/plus most 5000 will clear cpu: Turn power off, pull I/O board* out enough to break its connection from motherboard. (Leave two front ribbon cables plugged in) * I/O board is above cpu board in machine. It has the large ribbon cables plugged into the front.

Locate PSUDO COIN IN SWITCH. (Button on door that gives machine a test spin) Push in and hold in while turning on main power to machine. Continue to hold psudo button in while watching display. Depending upon type of display your machine has it will cycle through: checking saferam or (CH), clearing saferam (CL), saferam cleared. Once cleared, let go of psudo button, push I/O board back in and push reset button on cpu. The saferam is clear.

The bally cpu clear chips will also clear out most plus cpu if you have them. The later style bally 5000 plus and models with a bill validator (1992-up) have difficulty clearing since they use a very special set of clear chips check your program chips for the program date. If you are having trouble clearing the saferam and the dates on them (U-3/U-4/U-12/U-15) were programmed after 1992 the only way I have been able to get this unit to function is replace those four program chips with earlier programs. The game will still play correctly and read reels with accuracy because the reel or game chips are left alone. (U-18/U-20) I have those four chips available.

Once you have cleared the saferam. You can program in options with keypad.

Turn power to machine on. REMOVE ALL CREDITS OR ERRORS FROM MACHINE BEFORE TRYING TO PROGRAM. Plug in keypad. It plugs into connector J-33 on the lower right corner of motherboard. Some models it plugs into a connector directly under cpu. If you have to remove hopper to plug it in. Hopper must be reconnected or it will give off an error which must be cleared to resume programming. Go through list of two digit options they must be entered with first two digits, then option on (01) or off (00) example: credit code 27 would be entered as: 2710 then push the enter key (ENT) it should be programmed in. If you make a mistake or get an error. Push the clear or (CLR) key. Options vary by machine and functions programmed into chips. Some options arent available on your machine.

raz410:
HI,MY CHIPS ARE 1993, DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A SET OF U3 U4 U12 U15 OLDER 1992 AND A SET OF CLEAR CHIPS? LET ME KNOW.THANKS BOB

Hotrod:
Lucky Shimanek at azgamingslots@msn.com .  or his slot company at Unitedslots.com carries the early chips and the clear chips.  Larry also has the programmer to reset the machine.  He also carries new replacement power supply for the Bally 5000 & 5000+ machines for $90. 

Larry Weber at K-lar slots also carry the programmers and he also repairs all of the boards and power suppies for the Bally 5000 machines.  His number 702 363-9998.

Larry at slotdoctor.com also repair the bally boards, power supplies and he also sell parts.  Hope this helps you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index