Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:45:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  Mini Unidesa 300 reel problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mini Unidesa 300 reel problem  (Read 7767 times)
Busch
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: June 09, 2009, 10:52:09 PM »

Hallo there.
I am new here and also new wih Unidesa machines. I have 2 cute mini unidesas slots for ba top. Now 1 gives me the following error:

shows code RED 33, which is according to the manual an easy reel
problem supposed to be solved switching on and off the machine. Well,
it isn't solved that way but stays the same, after switching on, the
3rd reel (closest to the door lock), starts turning like the others,
but then continues stuttering a few centimeters forward every few
seconds. I cleaned all the contacts I could find on the boards,
reconnected them , reset the machine, to no avail, message stays. What
can I do?
Anybody any clue?

I am really desperate cos here in Angola it's a lost case if one would rely on local services!
paul
paul
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:04:48 AM »

did you try a clear on the machine ok first open the door turn the door lock to the closed posistion on the door now hold down the reset switch and turn machine on when you get action on screen let go of switch and wait till machine resets then open lock and close door and see if machine resets
Busch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 11:12:14 AM »

Thanx Paul for your idea with the door lock, but it seams you have a slightly different machine in mind, cos mine does not have any sensors attached to doorswitch what so ever. So resetting as you said does not make a difference with doorlock closed or not. Unfortunately. After Ido reset the described way, the machine ends up in same tilt status.
Still I have no clues so far.
Op-Bell

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 06:37:56 AM »

Stepper motor reels, I presume? On power up the machine turns all the reels looking for the index flag, so it knows where the reel is facing. This sounds like the index flag is not being seen, perhaps because it's fallen off, perhaps because the opto sensor is damaged. The flag is a short flat piece usually clipped on the reel edge, the sensor is a PI- shaped thing (T with 2 legs, like TT), the flag passes between the sensor legs. Compare the other reels. If the reel doesn't turn smoothly like the others it's probably that one of its 4 coils is out, perhaps a broken wire or bad contact. This could look like an index problem because it will miss steps and take too long to get to the index position. An actual motor failure is quite uncommon.
SAT (aka GANDHI)

Total Karma Storms: 224

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 12:00:24 AM »

Stepper motor reels, I presume? On power up the machine turns all the reels looking for the index flag, so it knows where the reel is facing. This sounds like the index flag is not being seen, perhaps because it's fallen off, perhaps because the opto sensor is damaged. The flag is a short flat piece usually clipped on the reel edge, the sensor is a PI- shaped thing (T with 2 legs, like TT), the flag passes between the sensor legs. Compare the other reels. If the reel doesn't turn smoothly like the others it's probably that one of its 4 coils is out, perhaps a broken wire or bad contact. This could look like an index problem because it will miss steps and take too long to get to the index position. An actual motor failure is quite uncommon.

Exactly!!!   

That error and the behavior the machine is giving you is because the fault Op-Bell described in his post.  Look for the plastic flag attached to the plastic reel itself.  It´s probably broken or not even there.  The short steps that reel performs every 2 secs is about the the slot machine looking to sync the reel´s position.

Just a Note: In case you don´t find the plastic flag in the other reels in order to compare with the bad one, some reels used by Unidesa wear a little magnet in a form of a small cylinder, also attached to the reel´s body.  The sensor on the reel´s board is also different for this arrange of course:  not an optic sensor but a magnetic one.

Don´t think the stepper motor is the problem here neither.

Old reels are commonly broken without you notice about it (specially Unidesa´s)

Best regards and good luck Wink

Keep it simple!!!
Busch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 02:33:02 AM »

Thank you SAT  and OP-Bell,
I opened the complicated reel-ribbon box in the door of the machine, one has to remove the PCB first, the mechanism you explain is slightly different.
1. The "reel" is not a reel but a sort of conveyerbelt with the images on running over 2 cylinders so that from outside the images appear flat. The whole thing is inside a closed plastic cassette.
2. On 1 side of that belt are obviously magnetic stripes of app. 1cm in length and interrupted by 1 cm all around the belt.
3. That magnetised  part runs through a obviously also magnetic sensor of that greek PI shape to give a certain signal to the attached small electronic board.
That's how it looks to me.
Now I opened all and everything, all contacts on board whatsoever, replaced it, same problem.
My guess is either the magnetic information on that reelbelts are worn out or there is a problem on the board somewhere which controls the reel no.1, or both??
Question is:
Can I to check where the fault is, swap that "reelboxes" ( there are 3 of them, all look similar) to see whether the fault is there or in the electronic somewhere else?
Can I swap eproms which are obviously allocated to the different reel positions to see if the problem is there?
Can I damage more when swapping/interchanging these parts?
I think in principle it works pretty much the same as you described, only there is not only 1 device along the reel giving the impuls and can't get lost cos it's an integral part of the reelbelt
If I find the problem where could I possibly find replacements?

Thanx alot,
I am still hopeful with that machine, it is very small and cute, aaeh, cute if it is working that is...
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 04:05:52 AM »

Thank you SAT  and OP-Bell,
I opened the complicated reel-ribbon box in the door of the machine, one has to remove the PCB first, the mechanism you explain is slightly different.
1. The "reel" is not a reel but a sort of conveyerbelt with the images on running over 2 cylinders so that from outside the images appear flat. The whole thing is inside a closed plastic cassette.

First time i heard about such a machine...   

POST SOME PICTURES!!!

Can I to check where the fault is, swap that "reelboxes" ( there are 3 of them, all look similar) to see whether the fault is there or in the electronic somewhere else?
Can I swap eproms which are obviously allocated to the different reel positions to see if the problem is there?
Can I damage more when swapping/interchanging these parts?

For discard purpose I would do both actions.  As soon as you don´t put the eproms backwards (wrong polarity) nothing will get burned.  In case there is "something" associated to each "reelbox" more than the plastic strips the worse case would be you getting a "mismatch error" or something like that.....    As i said:  I would do it  stir the pot / get cooking

If I find the problem where could I possibly find replacements?

Here I can´t help you my friend... I worked directly with the manufacturer so it was pretty easy for me to find parts, but out of the house i really don´t know.

Keep it simple!!!
Op-Bell

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 05:32:01 AM »

1. The "reel" is not a reel but a sort of conveyerbelt with the images on running over 2 cylinders so that from outside the images appear flat.

That would be one of these, then - Starpoint makes two or three different styles, this is the smallest, and I know Unidesa uses Starpoint. Suzo-Happ is the US distributor.

SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 12:13:53 PM »

As usual OP-Bell illustrating us.  Thanks for that picture sir  Hail Hail  applause applause

There you have Busch what you wanted to know  propeller

Cheers

Keep it simple!!!
Busch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 02:37:11 AM »

Hi again and thanks for the information.
I swapped the position of the reel-boxes (looks similar to the 1 on the pic, but not quite, is probably an older version), and the problem is not with the reel-bx itself, cos then the other reel-box did the same.
So I swapped the 2 big eproms on the right side of pic, cos  I think they r responsible for the reel-movement??, but the machine gives me tilt "RED 30", and I changed back again.
So all I know the problem is most likely somewhere on that board (see picture). Any ideas how I could find out what piece is the one I would most welcome.
Maybe is another eprom or sth. else.

* Mini Unidesa 300 reel board.jpg (716.39 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 383 times.)
Busch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 02:54:12 AM »

And here a pic from outside.
I never saw it somewhere else myself, and the Unidesa WEB page does not mention it either.
Strange

* Mini Unidesa Front.jpg (653.61 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 390 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.